Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 9:29pm

Style: -TKD--BJJ-

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    When I have seen violence that I can help stop, I do. This has almost got me shot, stabbed and bashed, but so far I have been lucky. Good karma, I suppose.
    GOOD KARMA, I LIKE THAT:eusa_clap

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a pretty fucked up story, so if you're eating just read later.

I was out pissed drunk (this was back in high school, so like during my sophomore year in '05 or something like that) and walking around in the city with a few friends who were all smashed. We were laughing about some bullshit and hitting on random chicks until we stumbled upon some restaurant with outside seating. We sat out asses down and hung out. 10 minutes later a couple passes by. Everything seemed normal but while the guy was talking on the phone he yelled something, snapped the phone shut, looked at his girlfriend and kept yelling. I don't know what the **** got him so heated but next thing I know he's slapping his girl and bashing her into a tree.

My self, my friends and a couple of other people get in this guys face but at this point it only took like 2-3 hits for this girl to start profusely bleeding. One guy calls the cops, my self and a small crowd are ready to jump this moron and the GIRLFRIEND asks us to leave. When the cops finally get here her story goes from;

I fell.

I was jumped by these guys.

I fell and my boyfriend was jumped by these guys.

I don't know what's going on, these guys showed up all of a sudden.

Then after like 20 minutes of questioning the boyfriend bugs out, mouths off to the cop and starts to get really aggressive. The girlfriend tells him to calm down and then what he does next is fucking disgusting. He smashes her head into a car window. He doesn't break the glass thankfully but he leaves a nice sized crack in it and now she's bleeding even more. The entire time he was being arrested she was crying for him to be let go.

People are fucked up. Most of them aren't worth the effort. One party just needs a good beating (and by good I mean near death) and the other just needs HEAVY therapy. I also believe this applies to switched gender situations as well (when women beat on men).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:57pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are we like surprised that people act of out prejudice?

(-(-(-(-(-.(-.-).-)-)-)-)-)-) <---lol kirbys

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 12:43am

Style: The power of the way

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally have not ran into spouse abuse, latest thing ....omg I just forgot what I was going to type. no seriously right in the middle of that sentence I had a brief moment about another thought and forgot...ill post back when I remember!

Anyways, if I ever see any spouse abuse going on Ima do my best to do something about it.
    Last edited by The yes.; 5/17/2010 12:49am at .

Weak

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 4:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Anna and sambosteve said about 'screams in the night' and their reactions, lots of respect for what you'll did.

I would probably never intervene if it was guy in guy violence, due to being scared for my safety. I'd call the cops though (and have, on a bunch of teen Somali boys mugging one of their own).

I have restrained and struck a girl hitting a guy, I have also laid the smack down on an unsuspecting man for the abuse of his wife (in their home) something I'm not proud of but worse is the fact she won't leave him.

I'm not strong, I'm not skilled but I can't stand by and do nothing. I've seen groups of males heckling girls in train stations, I don't say anything but all it takes is confident body language, move towards the victim and 'notice' what is happening. Most of the time, the stupid pricks stop their ****.

Of course when I see a junkie couple bickering I avoid them like the plague.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 5:53am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have intervened a couple of times, despite bystanders telling me "leave them alone they are man and wife" on one occasion. What bearing that had I still have no idea.

Junky couples, usually just tell them that's enough now **** off and they at least wait until they are round the corner out of sight before kicking off again.

Weak

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 6:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read all the stories and am not surprised so many have come across DV situations or been at the receiving end (props to the men on this board who spoke up).

dougie - yes, agree that 'man and wife' has got Jack all to do with violence. In fact, it is the worst abuse of love and trust. I had a colleague I helped out of such a situation, she drowned a year later just as she was getting her life back together leaving her two boys...I wish it was her husband.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I ever saw a guy beating this one girl I know, I would try to help.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the weirdest thing is no one called the police. I have called them as soon as I see this stuff starting then go and talk to the guy. Mentioning that the police are on the way will often keep them from escalating the way they otherwise could.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 3:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the thread about physical spouse abuse?
    Semper Fidelis.
    Mens Sana In Corpore Sano.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

-
    --
    ---
    "THE HUNTER"
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast