Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    ever seen an abused dog?
    no matter how badly abused, if you would like to teach the owner a lesson that same dog would be hanging in YOUR leg.
    TRUTH
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    TRUTH
    gimma a hallelujah brother war wheel!

WHOOOO!

ehr i mean: hallelujah!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Tripp: you've got to love double standards. While I admit my anecdotes are nothing compares to you I've been "attacked" by women several times. I was immediately painted as the bad guy "men don't hit women". Despite the fact I never hit the women, even defending oneself is considered bad. One woman pulled a knife out on me I grabbed the knife hand and slammed her to the ground to disarm her. (I'm the bad guy)

My ex wife filed a restraining order on me because of my profession, never laid a hand on her. We were going through a divorce and her lawyer convinced her to do it. Didn't find out about the restraining order until 2 years ago. Called her up had a laugh about it and decided to go out for coffee (ask war wheel).

Was being battered by this woman who was too drunk and bi polar to be out in public. Only thing I told her was that she wasn't allowed to enter the establishment in her state. She grabbed me and proceeded to slap me over and over again. On the third slap I performed a hip throw in the manner of a swing dance maneuver (I caught her before **** hit the ground) Guess who the police tried to arrest? If it wasn't for the fact that 2 ten year old boys had witnessed the matter from the beginning I would've been arrested because two other "witnesses" said I hit her. Another fortunate thing was that one of the police officers knew me and realized the woman never got hit by me.

Had another woman attack me at a bar for not letting her in. As she was trying to claw and bite at me I wristlocked her to the ground. All in full view of a police officer. The police officer's response "Why did you do that it's not like she could hurt you?"

Woman flipped me off for no reason in a parking lot and then ended up parking near me. I walked up to her and asked her if she was crazy? If she had done that to the wrong person they would've beat the crap out of her. She immediately took that as I would beat her up. She told me that she would get her boyfriend over hear and beat the crap out of me. I told her if he laid a hand on me I would drop him where he stood and then I'd do the same to her. She looked at my girlfriend and gave her this lecture on how I was an abusive boyfriend and she should break up with me. She ended up getting her boyfriend. (Actually we were going the same direction and we ended up going to the boyfriend's work..a bar where he bounced) Her boyfriend knew me. They got into a huge argument when I told him what happened. 2 days later they broke up. Apparently she was psycho.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    The police officer's response "Why did you do that it's not like she could hurt you?"
    Here in America we are taught to believe this from birth with both genders.

I kicked my wife (girlfriend at the time) in sparring and all the women in the school flipped out.

I used to have a saying at my MCDojo "There is no love in sparring."

That didn't help my cause with them either.

My wife understood so, that is all that mattered.

Woman flipped me off for no reason in a parking lot and then ended up parking near me. I walked up to her and asked her if she was crazy? If she had done that to the wrong person they would've beat the crap out of her. She immediately took that as I would beat her up. She told me that she would get her boyfriend over hear and beat the crap out of me. I told her if he laid a hand on me I would drop him where he stood and then I'd do the same to her. She looked at my girlfriend and gave her this lecture on how I was an abusive boyfriend and she should break up with me. She ended up getting her boyfriend. (Actually we were going the same direction and we ended up going to the boyfriend's work..a bar where he bounced) Her boyfriend knew me. They got into a huge argument when I told him what happened. 2 days later they broke up. Apparently she was psycho.
    Add eventual divorce and I have a similar story.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, interesting point you bring up: when you meet the wrong kinda woman/gf they can really make the martial arts thingy work against you.
    i had an ex who doublecrossed me when i was abroad and while i was gone would tell everyone who knew us: ' you know he does ma's im scared of what he might do when he gets back....'

thats cruel.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

I used to have a saying at my MCDojo "There is no love in sparring."
    you and i should definately roll sometime!

xxx

Lebell

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many good points...regarding the comment about getting arrested yourself, they are adults and did something to deserve it, bystander effect, the victim turning on you to support the abuser, etc...

My friend and I were driving along in Queens when we saw on the sidewalk a guy repeatedly smashing some woman's face into a telephone booth. Her face was bloody and cut up. There was a small crowd watching, nobody stepping up to help. My friend and I get out of the car and break it up, seperate the two, restrain them both. Who knows how it started or why? This woman was getting seriously beat. So they calm down. My buddy watches them, I go into 7-11 to call and ambulance and see if they have a first aid kit (before the days of cell phones). While I am in there and everyone seems calm, the woman picks up a construction cone and smashes the guy on the head with it. They start at it again. I run out, we break it up again (they both had been drinking). This time, while breaking it up, the cops arrive and we are all put up against the wall, searched, etc. Luckily for us we were not arrested. Witnesses told the cops what had happened and they let us go.

So, I could say they were adults and deserved what they were getting. And in some part of my mind, I felt that way as they were both clearly fighting and were both being ass holes. But, regardless, when we saw the event, she was getting her ass seriously beat. I could not have kept quiet. It is just me. I also recall how pathetic it was that there was a crowd of people watching this woman get her ass beat so badly.

Regarding not hitting a woman...

I remember telling my ex-wife who had a temper that if she ever laid a hand on my, it will come right back at her...no question about it. Thankfully it never came to that. But, in some cases I definitley feel the man should never hit a woman "rule" in BS. All rules are made to be broken.

There is a double standard with men who get abused by women. A whole different set of judgements and assumptions are made. But, like assuptions/judgements made about abused women, for me it comes down to stopping someone from getting hurt if I can...plain and simple. If I stop something and the man or woman lives to get beat another day..OK, what can I do? At least they have another day to maybe smarten up. For me, the reasons why a beating is going on is not my concern. I am no judge.

This is not to say that there have been times where I have not gotten directly involved. I have at times assessed things to be way too dangerous for me. But, I have always called the cops.

Funny, I also have a story about hearing screaming. One night at like 4 in the morning wy wife and I heard a few serious screams on our block. Blood curdling. We went out to look around. I mean we really thought someone was getting killed...it sounded that bad. So, we search all around literally expecting to find a body lying in an alley. Never found anything. But, those screams were really frightening.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    @Tripp: you've got to love double standards. While I admit my anecdotes are nothing compares to you I've been "attacked" by women several times. I was immediately painted as the bad guy "men don't hit women". Despite the fact I never hit the women, even defending oneself is considered bad. One woman pulled a knife out on me I grabbed the knife hand and slammed her to the ground to disarm her. (I'm the bad guy)

My ex wife filed a restraining order on me because of my profession, never laid a hand on her. We were going through a divorce and her lawyer convinced her to do it. Didn't find out about the restraining order until 2 years ago. Called her up had a laugh about it and decided to go out for coffee (ask war wheel).

Was being battered by this woman who was too drunk and bi polar to be out in public. Only thing I told her was that she wasn't allowed to enter the establishment in her state. She grabbed me and proceeded to slap me over and over again. On the third slap I performed a hip throw in the manner of a swing dance maneuver (I caught her before **** hit the ground) Guess who the police tried to arrest? If it wasn't for the fact that 2 ten year old boys had witnessed the matter from the beginning I would've been arrested because two other "witnesses" said I hit her. Another fortunate thing was that one of the police officers knew me and realized the woman never got hit by me.

Had another woman attack me at a bar for not letting her in. As she was trying to claw and bite at me I wristlocked her to the ground. All in full view of a police officer. The police officer's response "Why did you do that it's not like she could hurt you?"

Ahhh....you are an adult working as a bouncer. You asked for it :spanky:
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my favorite movies! Sad to watch the old pre surgical Mickey Rourke. Bar fly and angel heart! To favs

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast