Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 9:26pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, Kung Fu is just going to invite more bullying from your work and family, it'll be years before you can do anything about it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 9:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamh55meyh View Post
    What is it with people being so cynical? I was asking a straight question, i don't need your sarcasm. I'm not interested in MMA, I'm interested in Kung Fu, and also, I'm looking for a safe place for women, where they won't be harassed by testosteronebullies. Sorry, ,but yes, in Vegas, I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a place full of bullies and I rather not give my money away, I can get bullied for free by my family and at work.
    Go see a psychiatric please martial arts isn't going to fix what is in this post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 9:55pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at least they aren't getting picked on by fairies.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 9:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamh55meyh View Post
    What is it with people being so cynical? I was asking a straight question, i don't need your sarcasm. I'm not interested in MMA, I'm interested in Kung Fu, and also, I'm looking for a safe place for women, where they won't be harassed by testosterone bullies. Sorry, but yes, in Vegas, I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a place full of bullies, and I rather not give my money away, I can get bullied for free by my family and at work.

What are you looking to achieve in training? Why are you looking to train? Are you looking for a place to train for yourself, a woman, both? You mention a safe place for women. Are you a woman (sorry, it's the internet...gender is not so obvious)? What are your goals? You clearly have some issues with being "bullied". So, please, if you want a real recommendation regarding where to train and why, tell us what you are looking to achieve.

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 10:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People with psychological issues and/or significant emotional trauma should get those sorted out before training Martial Arts if at all possible. Learning how to hurt people is not an activity suited for people whose heads aren't in the right place.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 11:21pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just in Red Rock last week. Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    People with psychological issues and/or significant emotional trauma should get those sorted out before training Martial Arts if at all possible. Learning how to hurt people is not an activity suited for people whose heads aren't in the right place.
    Yeah. The '(wo)man who wouldn't take this **** any more' with the 'I know how to fight now (or I have a gun/knife in my pocket) - keep running your mouth and give me an excuse to defend myself' mindset is actually a rather scary person.

Combine that with the very human habit of taking offence when no offence was intended, then refusing to listen to any explanations and you have a recipe for a bad situation.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123