Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 7:01pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Red Rock Kung Fu Master "Sifu" Jack Soderberg

Ok, so my friend from vegas sent me this guy's business card ("sifu" is in quotes on the card) as a goof. Holy cow!

The card states:

Create Develop Flow
    Business and Personal Development
    Develop your "Heart, Body and Soul"

Travel Wholesale/Dream Trips
    Commisions/Travel Agent Discounts
    Kunf Fu/Private Training/Tai Chi

"Sifu" Jack Soderberg
    Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Motivational Consultant/Life Coach
    So I looked him up on line and found this gem!

YouTube- Sifu Jack Soderberg Martial Arts Kung Fu Tai Chi Documentary Demo Film, CDF Academies Las Vegas.

His bio from his website reads:
    http://www.cdfacademies.com/jacks_bio.htm

Instructor
    Sifu Jack Soderberg: A Life in Motion
    Sifu Jack Soderberg is a man of diverse talent and immense experience. Teaching over 15,000 students in his long and distinguished career, Sifu Jack changes lives. A true competitor, he was the Grand National Champ 3 years in a row and has won over 500 trophies. He has trained numerous fighters in the Tibetan Lama Kung Fu Way, winning many tournaments in sparring, weapons and forms. His list of accomplishments and honors is impressive to say the least.

Born in Chicago, Sifu Jack began his athletic career early on in life. He began training himself at age 11 and just never stopped. In high school he lettered in football and track and field. At age 15 he competed against adults in track and field at the University of Chicago. He went on to train for two Olympic games in the decathlon, placed 3rd in Illinois for discus throwing and took 3rd in Silver Skates Speed Skating.

After high school Sifu Jack continued to challenge himself both physically and mentally when he joined the Marine Corp in Infantry and Demolitions. In 1970 he began studying the Martial Arts, starting with Japanese Karate. In February 1974 he was one of the few Americans accepted in an all Chinese Martial Arts class in Chicagoís Chinatown taught by Singapore Bare Knuckle Champion (1971) Master Wai Lun Chois. At the time it was an honor to be accepted in such an exclusive training program and Sifu Jack learned Tibetan Lama Pai Kung Fu, Water Boxing Internal Martial Arts and Tai Chi. As a dedicated student, Sifu Jack proved his worth and advanced to the level of a teacher and continues to use the techniques he learned to invigorate not only his Martial Arts classes, but his other fitness teachings as well.

In 1975 Sifu Jack began teaching all over Chicago in park districts, health clubs, colleges, and VFW halls. By 1979 he opened his 1st school, Lama Kung Fu Academy. There he trained individual students and undefeated championship teams including martial artists, military personnel, boxers, kick boxers, policemen, security workers, and athletes from every field of sport. Three of his students even went on to star in Martial Arts movies including Ho Sung Pak and Ho Yung Pak who played turtles in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Movie and Danny Pesina who played a villain. Ho Sung Pak also played alongside Jackie Chan in Drunken Master II. Another distinguished student was Tim Polanski (Road Warrior) who was the undefeated Kick Box Champion for Chicago and trained with Sifu Jack for many years.

In his long career Sifu Jack has trained practitioners and instructors from all types of styles and systems within the Martial Arts from countries all over the world. Just to scratch the surface, Sifu Jack has trained martial artists from Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, Thai and many other systems. One of Sifuís Jackís most distinguished students, Bob Romb, runs Rombís Martial Arts in Chicago. Jack Oplustil is another of Sifu Jackís instructors who teaches Tai Chi at Myrtle Beach, NC. Gene Slessinger runs Lionís Roar Kung Fu in Chicago as well.

Never tired, Sifu Jack continues to train and teach today at his school Create, Develop and Flow Academy of Las Vegas. He teaches students from all walks of life and all disciplines. He currently offers classes in Tibetan Lama Kung Fu, Womenís Kinetic Kickboxing, Womenís Boot Camp, Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Yoga. He also provides personal training and cross training for athletes of all kinds. His unique method and positive mindset draw serious students and those seeking to change their lives through fitness. Sifu Jackís unique training method combines military techniques, martial arts methods and creative innovations that far exceed many of the traditional methods in use today. In short, it is an honor and a privilege to study under such a gifted teacher.

From Sifu Jack:

I would like to give thanks to Master Wai Lun Chois for giving me my foundation in Kung Fu, and Danny Inosanto (who studied with the Late Bruce Lee) for giving me the freedom to be creative, and Rich Lamoreaux for being my friend, my teacher, my student and my partner in creating CDF Academy.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 7:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sifu Jack learned Tibetan Lama Pai Kung Fu, Water Boxing Internal Martial Arts and Tai Chi.
    I think someone beat him to it..
    Spoiler:

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's in the martial arts hall of fame. Great!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 8:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    He's in the martial arts hall of fame. Great!
    And he will sell you a travel deal to go see it...LOL
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 8:48pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A professional Life Coach who also offers Women's Kinetic boxing??? Well that is 100% pure win right there. Here I thought good old fashioned and apparently non-kinetic boxing was where it was at.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 3:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that video is like the worst best acid trip I've ever had.

HOW AM I THE FIRST ONE TO MENTION THE VIDEO?
    WHAT THE **** IS THE INTERLUDE AT :50?

it has to be a joke, right?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three of his students even went on to star in Martial Arts movies including Ho Sung Pak and Ho Yung Pak who played turtles in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Movie and Danny Pesina who played a villain. Ho Sung Pak also played alongside Jackie Chan in Drunken Master II. Another distinguished student was Tim Polanski (Road Warrior) who was the undefeated Kick Box Champion for Chicago and trained with Sifu Jack for many years.
    Holy ****. This dude trained Liu Kang and Johnny Cage/Sub-Zero/Scorpion/Reptile. :5eek:

YouTube- Mortal Kombat 1 making video

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 8:18am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy claims over 600 martial arts titles (or 500 if you believe his bio). He'd have to win one title every month for over 40 years for that. If they were spaced roughly evenly, there'd be a title fight every weekday and two a day on weekends.

It's kind of sad when they don't even do the math before they make their claims.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzyscowicz View Post
    This guy claims over 600 martial arts titles (or 500 if you believe his bio). He'd have to win one title every month for over 40 years for that. If they were spaced roughly evenly, there'd be a title fight every weekday and two a day on weekends.

It's kind of sad when they don't even do the math before they make their claims.
    Not saying he has them but, have you been to wushu tournaments?

Your math is off as well.

A true competitor, he was the Grand National Champ 3 years in a row and has won over 500 trophies.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madeofcandy View Post
    that video is like the worst best acid trip I've ever had.

HOW AM I THE FIRST ONE TO MENTION THE VIDEO?
    WHAT THE **** IS THE INTERLUDE AT :50?

it has to be a joke, right?
    I know, that video is classic! All these wierd cuts. The arguing guys, the sifu on the street bit, it is totally bizarre.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast