Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 12:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is as the same school and you aren't putting off something better to do it?
    Why not try it and see how the class plays out.
    If it turns out to be poor training you can always quit.

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 4:02pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    If it is as the same school and you aren't putting off something better to do it?
    I am not sure what you are asking here. The Judo school I go to now is starting up a tkd class separate from the judo classes, as they will be on different days.

Do you mean am I putting off training a more alive art by doing tkd? Beacause the class hasn't started yet, and I will go to the class and assess whether or not I want to get into it again.

Why not try it and see how the class plays out.
    If it turns out to be poor training you can always quit.
    That's is exactly what I was saying in one of my posts on this thread, that I will give it a shot and see if I like how it is being taught. Never did I say that since they have a tkd class now that I am quitting judo for tkd, or that I am missing judo clasess over tkd classes.

Did you read any of my posts before closely? I am sure I already addressed these points, but it I hope that clears up any confusion.

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 4:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking here. The Judo school I go to now is starting up a tkd class separate from the judo classes, as they will be on different days.

Do you mean am I putting off training a more alive art by doing tkd? Beacause the class hasn't started yet, and I will go to the class and assess whether or not I want to get into it again.

That's is exactly what I was saying in one of my posts on this thread, that I will give it a shot and see if I like how it is being taught. Never did I say that since they have a tkd class now that I am quitting judo for tkd, or that I am missing judo clasess over tkd classes.

Did you read any of my posts before closely? I am sure I already addressed these points, but it I hope that clears up any confusion.

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Yes, I read your tale of TaeKwonWoe.

I didn't assume you would quit Judo for Taekwondo, I just didn't want you to put off training something better then TKD because of the convenience of a dojang in your dojo, but it looks like you have it all covered.

Good luck

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Yes, I read your tale of TaeKwonWoe.

I didn't assume you would quit Judo for Taekwondo, I just didn't want you to put off training something better then TKD because of the convenience of a dojang in your dojo, but it looks like you have it all covered.

Good luck

Ok. I see what you mean now. I am also thinking of trying either a bjj or kickboxing class at an mma gym near me on the days i don't have judo, so if the tkd turns out to be not for me, then I have plans to train one of those two aforementioned classes.

If any of you were wondering, I am not too enthusiastic about getting back into tkd due to the prior experience I had, but if it seems like the classes are alright, I am not the type of person to turn good instruction down.

If the boxing classes at the mma gym are more my flavor, however (I will give both the tkd at my judo club and the mma place a try, so I am not jumping to conclusions here), then I will train that instead of tkd on the days I can't train judo.

Thanks again for all of your help guys.

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an update:

My friend and I went to a free boxing class at the MMA gym near me last night, and we had a great time there! The instructors were friendly, and really pushed their students to give their best performance while in class. We also got there early to see the bjj class go over some techniques, and it looked like something I would like to do to complement my judo.

The prices were reasonable, and I like how the instructors there were well-rounded and had experience in not just one aspect of fighting, but stand up and ground. The boxing instructor even holds a black belt in I believe tkd, karate, and hkd of all things. His boxing looked real solid from what I can tell, and the guys who train at the gym do real well in competitions, so I don't doubt that they can coach.

For the majority of the class my friend and I worked on the core punches; jab cross, hook, and uppercut. We were told to take it slow, to make sure we were breathing on each strike, and of course to keep our hands up. We also worked on a muay thai style shin kick too, which turned out easier for me to adjust to than I thought with my background in tkd. My friend, however, who has no martial art experience, had trouble and fell down when he tried to kick, but he showed real heart the entire class and kept at it.

As a cool down exercise near the end of class, we even went over a few simple wrist locks from hkd. They weren't too hard for me to grasp, but my friend had a little trouble with them. I am not much into hkd, but the boxing coach who holds a black belt in it, did not put a big emphasis on doing it. Like I said, he seemed to use the hkd techniques as a cool down time for the end of class rather than trying to shove a hkd curriculum into a boxing class, just a few simple locks and that was it.

Hopefully, the tkd that will be taught at my judo school will at least resemble the great time I had at the mma gym last night. If not, I can always go back there and get my fix for striking instruction.

I will let you all know how the tkd class goes as soon as it starts up and post about it here.

Thanks for reading, and for your advice.

Sincerely,

ZoA.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:55pm

Style: Judo, Jiu Jitsu, NO-GI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    You need to shut the **** up.
    You seem to have a very limited vocabulary. :wtfgif9fr

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG ICE HOLE View Post
    You seem to have a very limited vocabulary. :wtfgif9fr

You seem to have a very limited ability to give good advice or contribute anything useful. DerAuss108 was just pointing that out for you. :thumbsup:

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:20pm

Style: Judo, Jiu Jitsu, NO-GI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :englishmo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    You seem to have a very limited ability to give good advice or contribute anything useful. DerAuss108 was just pointing that out for you. :thumbsup:
    "Shut the **** up" is good advice and a useful contribution? :icon_scra Point this out :thefinger

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :englishmo "Shut the **** up" is good advice and a useful contribution? :icon_scra Point this out :thefinger
    On other threads, he has given advice, helps to moderate the KMA forums, and has directly given me advice on some questions I had asked for in other threads, most of them martial arts related, some not.

Just because he comes to this thread to point something out to you doesn't mean he just goes around to troll people all the time, or had nothing to contribute, which is more than you can say.

I am sure if he wanted to give advice on the topic of this thread he would have. He only seemed to comment on your post, as this is in the KMA forum, that leans towards ridicule of tkd. Just coming on to say "tkd sucks" in more words is not much of a contribution.

Anyways I have to go now.

Kisses,

ZoA.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :englishmo "Shut the **** up" is good advice and a useful contribution? :icon_scra Point this out :thefinger
    It was a valid retort to your contribution.
    You haven't earned this latitude in the one month you have been registered here.

Stick to spamming your Judo school.

AS TO ZEN:

I like seeing you keep an open mind. Too bad WK isn't there to shepherd you along.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast