Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last

Thread: NRA

  1. #71
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,958
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, the general public thinking that full auto fire on a rifle is some kind of holy grail of deadliness that semi auto rifles can never match is another example of how most people are ignorant/taught by Hollywood.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  2. #72
    money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,597
    Style
    BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    By the way, the general public thinking that full auto fire on a rifle is some kind of holy grail of deadliness that semi auto rifles can never match is another example of how most people are ignorant/taught by Hollywood.
    Yes, and this myth will continue to propagate until there is a popular pro-2nd amendment group not fronted by representatives that half the country regards as loonies.
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,121
    Style
    Aikido,Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One serious downside to automatic weapons is the price of ammo.

  4. #74
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,680
    Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stand corrected:

    I got the (mis)information of the existens of "kits" from a television show on the Dutch EO (Evangelische Omroep = Evangelistic Network) channel years ago (+/- 16 years ago). So my bad to trust the Protestants and spread the info like if it was a truth. Won't happen again.

    My personal opinion is still that certain fire arms should not be accesible to the general public, but this MY opinion and not a law or a restrained on the second amendment, so it wouldn't effect anyone here.

    To Mr Machet(t)e, while this is a NHB discussion forum, it's not quiet smart to call someone "prole" without knowing this persons capabilities...so good Sir, go **** yourself up the ass with a cactus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  5. #75
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    387
    Style
    slackerjitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    Do you realize you are being intentionally obtuse? I'm sorry that I did not clarify that these events did not happen in direct chronological succession from each other but actually happened over a matter of days/weeks/months. Also that they were boradcast over TV which has both audio and visual components so that one can actually HEAR words spoken and then at the same time SEE things displayed on the screen.

    I plan on becoming a lifetime member of my local gun range but beyond that no. Though if you can find a non partisan lobby for 2nd amendment rights I'll be happy to look into it.
    Obtuse? You are making statements that can be considered misleading or false or even hallucinations without clarfying the events or coincidence to each other.

    As a "progun" person, you claim to not be a member of any organization protecting the Second Amendment civil right and profess to be against all current groups. Cuz they are all partisan. Which, coincidentally enough is what they are supposed to be.

    It seems that you project the same behavior through your posts that you accuse the NRA of.

    Obtuse? Yeah man, that's me.

  6. #76
    Hooded Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    926
    Style
    Justice/Firearms
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    Obtuse? You are making statements that can be considered misleading or false or even hallucinations without clarfying the events or coincidence to each other

    As a "progun" person, you claim to not be a member of any organization protecting the Second Amendment civil right and profess to be against all current groups. Cuz they are all partisan. Which, coincidentally enough is what they are supposed to be.

    It seems that you project the same behavior through your posts that you accuse the NRA of.

    Obtuse? Yeah man, that's me.
    Really? My previous post could be mistaken as a hallucination? You've twice attributed beliefs to me that I have never ascribed to or even come close to endorsing in this thread. You previously implied that I was ok with infringing on civil rights when no post even close to saying that was written. I asked you to point my post out and you failed to do so. Then you imply that because I am not pro NRA that I am anti EVERY GUN LOBBY and I am such because I apparently think ALL OF THEM ARE TOO PARTISAN.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    As a "progun" person, you claim to not be a member of any organization protecting the Second Amendment civil right and profess to be against all current groups. Cuz they are all partisan. Which, coincidentally enough is what they are supposed to be.
    Please show me where I typed the bolded parts. Pretty please show me this. Just like you showed me where I said I was ok with taking away civil rights? Oh right you can't because you had to invent these things to give yourself something to accuse me of. In fact in my last post or the one before it I envited you to inform me of any other gun lobby that is not the NRA and you have twice failed to do so.
    Last edited by Hooded Justice; 5/19/2010 6:23pm at .

  7. #77
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,958
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    One serious downside to automatic weapons is the price of ammo.
    Exactly, I sweat enough from the cost of competing with a semi-auto pistol. A full auto 30 caliber rifle would be comedically expensive to run.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh/ Durham, NC
    Posts
    562
    Style
    Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Yes, and this myth will continue to propagate until there is a popular pro-2nd amendment group not fronted by representatives that half the country regards as loonies.



    I dont understand your analogy at all. The myth is propagated by people who dont understand how firearms and individual shooters work and function/ perform. What loony people head up and staff the NRA? Its a nonpartisan group and just about the only group that does something for 2nd amendment rights infringements.

    Yes, the people who support the NRA seem to be people who you dont agree with in terms of ideology. I think the people who you generally side with have no cares or concerns about 2nd A. so you just happen to be in a minority with little representation. You just cant stand the people that bring attention to an otherwise quiet organization. So hate them but why hate an organization because of the people that support it?

    In the aftermath of Katrina the Mayor of New Orlands declared all fire arms are to be banned for the safety of the people. The chief of police called for house to house seizures of privately owned weapons. NRA finally got around to suing and won but there are many unclaimed weapons to this day because most people lost every piece of paper so most cannot prove ownership. No other organization has the desire and ability to tackle these infringements. ACLU as with most civil rights groups seeks and takes on cases they want to defend.

    This is the kind of 2nd A. violation is what most people think would not happen in modern day America but it did. Imagine you survive a natural disaster and criminals are roaming the streets looking for easy targets. Next thing you know the local police knock on your door and by threat of force search and seize for any fire arms claiming we will all be safer if we just take them from you. The fallacy of that argument is that criminals will be exempt from confiscation because THEY ARE CRIMINALS AND DONT FOLLOW ORDERS WELL.

  9. #79
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,281
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't remember which comedian said it: what is needed is not gun control, but bullet control. If every bullet cost $5000 there would be a lot less innocent bystanders.

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    638
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I can't remember which comedian said it: what is needed is not gun control, but bullet control. If every bullet cost $5000 there would be a lot less innocent bystanders.
    It's Chris Rock.

Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO