218358 Bullies, 6880 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 92
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

NRA

Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:24pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Any political group uses theater.

    I'm saying is cut through ignorance with truth. Give people the experience and the reality. Replace the false abstractions in their heads put there by movies and the 10:00 PM news.

    You specifically wrote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    In the long term if the NRA or any one else wants to put "gun control" on the rocks they need to harness truth, honesty, and knowledge against ignorance, and not focus on rage, rhetoric, and theater..
    (bolding mine)

  2. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:48pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    Just like McCain and Palin with the "Strip civil rights from americans accused of terrorism" and their "Paperz please!" bill that, like the anti gun laws, came right out of the Nazi play book. See the problem is that the NRA is not just a pro gun lobby. It is a CONSERVATIVE pro gun lobby. It supports conservative politicians and conservative ideals directly and indirectly via contributions and support of conservatives like Sarah Palin, John McCain, Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck. These people are paid with NRA money to speak at NRA events. Are given political contributions from NRA pocketbooks and that comes from NRA dues. So exactly why as a liberal/libertarian would we support this group?
    (bolding mine)


    Whoohoooo! ! ! ! ! I get to use the same post twice in a row!

    Actually, the anti-civil rights people use "outrage", rhetoric and theater to motive an otherwise unmotivated citizenry to remove their civil right. The NRA and other organizations have to adhere to a stricter standard simply to maintain organizational credibility. The anti-civil rights organizations may make and have made, written and published information and statistics that were later shown to be false or misleading.


    NOTE: The NRA is MY lobby. It is your lobby. It is the civil right lobby of all US citizen who may or may not value that right.

    As a liberal? How about as a citizen? If you feel a different face or message should be made, become a member, donate time, money or both. Change the message.
  3. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    5/16/2010 10:53pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    I've got nothing against gun owners and 2nd amendments, NRA etc, but I believe that some weapon types should be banned from a civilezed society, to be exact the (semi/full) assault riffle and that .50 contraption that is in Gezere's avatar.



    What kind of weapons do the Swiss citizens keep at home?
  4. hapkido_keith is offline
    hapkido_keith's Avatar

    Crappler Extraordinaire

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,307

    Posted On:
    5/16/2010 11:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    My reply? Notice he was unable to refute a single point,
    Can I refute the ties to "leftist" politics in the things in your post? No. But if you'd like, I can list a whole heap of civil rights infringments that "rightist" politics have produced, and you know damn well I can. There is more to politics than gun rights and more reason to back one party over the other than gun rights. If you insist that gun rights must be packaged with the rest of conservative ideology, then you risk alienating the public, who will vote against you, and your rights may be stripped from you by popular demand.

    If you cannot accept this, you can stop reading my post now, go on your merry way, take a nice big swing of the NRA's kool-aid, and think me whatever kind of gun-grabbing socialist liberal progressive Marxist commie (did I leave anything out?) you want me to be.

    just play the tired old progressive game of "see how smart we are and how dumb the other guy is."
    Who said I was progressive?

    And on the note of refusal you didn't even try to understand what I posted, much less refute it. Just the old neo-con game of "that sounds like edumacated talk thar, I dun need nun of that edumacation"

    Nice try, but I reject the premise.
    What premise would that be? That not all the world is evenly and neatly divided into left and right? Perish the thought.

    On the issue of who supports the right of the people to keep and bear arms, there is no question who is for it and who is against it.

    But thanks for making my point.....
    Thanks for missing mine, utterly, and completely.

    I am not trying to troll you Mr. Tripp. I am not trying to mock you. I am trying to point out where you are using faulty logic, in hopes that you may re-evaluate your thinking, and adjust accordingly.

    You seem to be under the impression that:
    conservative = pro gun = NRA supporting

    and that:
    not NRA supporting = anti gun = liberal.

    But this is not necessarily the case. Such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp
    The true libertarians such as Penn Jellete all support gun rights as put forth by the founding fathers.
    Penn Jillete supports gun rights, clearly. Penn Jillete is also a hard-core atheist. He's pro-legalization of drugs. He's pro-sex education. He has many other views that would make Glenn Beck rant about what a pinko-communist this Jellette guy is. He is NOT conservative, not by any stretch of the imagination. Yet, somehow, he's pro-gun.

    The dilemma that I must choose between right or left, and accept everything that goes with it, in order to protect my gun rights, is false. There are other choices.
  5. Hooded Justice is offline
    Hooded Justice's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    926

    Posted On:
    5/16/2010 11:43pm


     Style: Justice/Firearms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    If you feel a different face or message should be made, become a member, donate time, money or both. Change the message.
    HOLY FUCKING ****! I have stated very plainly why I will not support the NRA and your solution is for me to support the NRA with absolutely no new reasoning as to why???
  6. hapkido_keith is offline
    hapkido_keith's Avatar

    Crappler Extraordinaire

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,307

    Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:10am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    HOLY FUCKING ****! I have stated very plainly why I will not support the NRA and your solution is for me to support the NRA with absolutely no new reasoning as to why???
    The stated reason why was to promote change from within.

    However, I wonder if the person making this suggestion would reciprocate with...ohhhh let's say the ACLU
  7. Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs is offline
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar

    fist first Philosopher

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,637

    Posted On:
    5/17/2010 5:48am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post
    You are creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. .50 rifles are massively expensive to buy along with the ammunition. Add in the fact that they are extremely heavy and long and you have a piece that isn't very useful for the common criminal. To use a .50 rifle during a crime is almost unheard of; in fact I've read there have only been 2 instances in America where a .50 rifle was used in a crime. Your assertion that .50 rifles do not have a civilian purpose is also false. There are organized mega long range target shooting competitions where .50 calibers are used.

    Why do you think AR-15's shouldn't be allowed for the general public? Is it the caliber, magazine capacity, or its negative portrayal in the media? Keep in mind that AR are only semi automatic. They are not a fully auto gun.

    This is a semi-automatic which shoots a caliber far more powerful than an AR. Do you think this gun is acceptable for ownership? http://35cal.com/gunpics/rem_mod750_lg.jpg
    Maybe because there are kits on the market that turn an semi-automatic into a full automatic. Yet a trained person will make more casualties with a semi-automatic than with a full-automatic.

    The ARs are designed for Militairy use, not for hunting, sportshooting or home/personal defense.
    If you want to shoot ARs, join the Militairy, you will even get paid for using them.
    But hey if it's in the second amendment I want to buy a Thunderbolt A10 since it would be my right if I naturileze me to become a US citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
  8. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:27am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Maybe because there are kits on the market that turn an semi-automatic into a full automatic. >>>

    Bull crap. When has it happened, EVER? Total lie spread for years and now it passes as truth.

    Now, if you had said there is an airsoft version on the market that the lower part of could be added to an upper part, and it would work for a bit, ok, maybe. But the idea that there is a conversion kit is FALSE and has NEVER been done. Its possible in a highly advanced machine shop with highly advanced skills, but possible is not likely.

    <<<Yet a trained person will make more casualties with a semi-automatic than with a full-automatic.>>>

    Again, your proof of this claim?

    <<<The ARs are designed for Militairy use, not for hunting, sportshooting or home/personal defense. >>>

    They are EXACTLY what the framers had in mind when they framed the second amendment. Again, it is NOT about hunting or sporting. They are excellent for personal defense, and if one is forced to defend their home or property from a large mob (say like during the Rodney King riots) they are excellent.

    <<<If you want to shoot ARs, join the Militairy, you will even get paid for using them. >>>

    In point of fact, most people who learn to use a rifle these days, learn with an M-16. People who then wish to exercise their rights IN THIS COUNTRY find they are more comfortable with what they know.

    <<<But hey if it's in the second amendment I want to buy a Thunderbolt A10 since it would be my right if I naturileze me to become a US citizen.>>>

    Phui, showing you are clueless about the second amendment. A fatuous assertion that adds nothing....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  9. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:30am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In closing...

    1. The assertion that the NRA is failing is devoid of evidence and is a ploy of the left from the days of Clinton till now. It is plain the NRA is doing just fine without people who are clueless about their mission and how well they perform it.

    2. If you have a problem with the NRA, then don't join. We neither need or want your support. We're doing just fine.

    3. As I have said before, I spend NO time telling people who live in another Country how they should run their Country; please excuse me if I ignore the comments of people who DO NOT LIVE HERE, but seem to think they know how to fix all the ills of the US. You will see how we fix things here this November.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  10. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:46am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Can I refute the ties to "leftist" politics in the things in your post? No.>>>

    Of course you can't. That is my point. You will now attempt to change it again...

    <<<But if you'd like, I can list a whole heap of civil rights infringments that "rightist" politics have produced, and you know damn well I can.>>>

    But that is not on point now is it?

    <<<<There is more to politics than gun rights and more reason to back one party over the other than gun rights.>>>

    But there is only ONE subject in this thread.

    <<<If you insist that gun rights must be packaged with the rest of conservative ideology, then you risk alienating the public, who will vote against you, and your rights may be stripped from you by popular demand.>>>


    No, as I reject this premise on its face, it is not in keeping with the subject of this thread, to wit, the NRA and what they stand for.

    <<<If you cannot accept this, you can stop reading my post now, go on your merry way, take a nice big swing of the NRA's kool-aid, and think me whatever kind of gun-grabbing socialist liberal progressive Marxist commie (did I leave anything out?) you want me to be. >>>

    Shall I now link the Wiki part about "straw man" for you? If you can't focus on THIS point, you are the one who needs to go on.

    <<<Who said I was progressive? >>>

    You did with everything you have just posted.

    <<<And on the note of refusal you didn't even try to understand what I posted, much less refute it. Just the old neo-con game of "that sounds like edumacated talk thar, I dun need nun of that edumacation">>>

    You saying it doesn't make it so. You had no way to refute my point, and said so here, so you changed the subject. I called you on it, and we get more of this. That is the real game, sorry, not playing.

    <<<What premise would that be? That not all the world is evenly and neatly divided into left and right? Perish the thought.>>>

    Straw man again. Its the subject changing I reject. But when you can not refute the points....

    <<<Thanks for missing mine, utterly, and completely.>>>

    Projection, yet again. It is the person changing the subject that is still missing the point.

    <M<<I am not trying to troll you Mr. Tripp. I am not trying to mock you. I am trying to point out where you are using faulty logic, in hopes that you may re-evaluate your thinking, and adjust accordingly.>>>

    Wow, just leftist progressive clap trap. Now I need to be re-educated? How communist of you. See how easy it is to play your game with you? If there is a flaw in MY POINT ABOUT WHO SUPPORTS GUN RIGHTS AND WHO DOES NOT please make that.

    <<<You seem to be under the impression that:
    conservative = pro gun = NRA supporting

    and that:
    not NRA supporting = anti gun = liberal. >>>

    Straw man yet again. Why not answer the questions I asked and lets see where that takes us...

    <<<But this is not necessarily the case. Such as:>>>

    Again, you are about to make my point

    <<<Penn Jillete supports gun rights, clearly. Penn Jillete is also a hard-core atheist. He's pro-legalization of drugs. He's pro-sex education. He has many other views that would make Glenn Beck rant about what a pinko-communist this Jellette guy is. He is NOT conservative, not by any stretch of the imagination. Yet, somehow, he's pro-gun. >>>

    Not somehow, he is. YOU want to change my point. All I asked was who in the US put forth the anti-gun items I listed. YOU took off because, you can't handle the truth. My point in bringing up Penn was EXACTLY that even though there are MILES of differences between Penn and Glenn, Glenn has him on the show all the time and even Penn knows they anti gun crowd has it wrong. So it is ONLY ONE group pushing the anti gun agenda, now, let me know when you want to discuss that.

    <<<The dilemma that I must choose between right or left, and accept everything that goes with it, in order to protect my gun rights, is false. There are other choices.>>>

    Can you at least admit you have no answers, or at least don't like the answers, to the questions I asked?

    How about I ask another one; name the leftist group that has done 1/2 of what the NRA has done to support gun rights? Hell name ANY group that has done 1/2 of what the NRA has done?

    Sorry, but you see, from where I sit, this is a ONE ISSUE discussion. Who, EXACTLY, supports the second amendment as the framers wanted it.

    There is only ONE clear answer to that question.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.