Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 7:36pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    "Fiscal conservatives and social liberals"...
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post

If that's what you think Libertarianism is about, do me a favor and just join the Republican party.

I never said this is what I think but it does generalize the party not accurately but to some degree. They often say Democrats want to control your wallet and Republicans want to control what you do in your bedroom.

Libertarians want very little government (especially federal) involvement in peoplesí lives. The other two parties seem to be interested in either fiscal or moral intervention. I admit the generalization is not accurate but easy enough for most people to understand. Democrats want to regulate business for the most part and republicans want to regulate morality for the most part. There are Libertarians that want to legalize drugs because free men should have the freedom to make correct choices on their own accord, we should be free to make our own moral choices. Morally its wrong but its not for anyone to make the choice but the individual. Other Libertarians want drugs to be legal because they think we should be free to make the decision and there is no negative down side in choosing to take drugs. They feel there is no moral reason to outlaw drugs. End result is the same most party members feel it should be legal.

I myself am not socially liberal but socially indifferent. I donít care what you do with yourself so long as I donít have to pay for your mistakes. As most Libertarians we dont want to be forced to support anything at the sacrifice of individual responsibility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 7:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkelAnanas View Post
    Ron Paul is a registered Republican congressman.
    I think everyone knows that.

He is a closet Libertarian. He used to be on open member but as with most other Libertarians they will never be elected to high office. As a Republican he gets more exposure and the blind votes associated with party members. If you pay attention to his platform its down the line Libertarian.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910