Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:54pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    lOl, **** you for your reservist jokes ;). I'm all about Death...and Destruction...

On weekends. You know, Honor, Courage, Part of the Commitment.

Anyway, I'm stuck between paintball and air soft now. Both are full of the type of people I dislike, fat LARPers who think they know what they are doing...

and yes, I will do fire and movement with airsoft..
    I have never understood the attraction to airsoft. Then again, I started playing paintball in my teams and played until law school. I played both NPPL (7 man before they were bought by the guy who owned XPSL) and PSP (Xball and 4 man).. So to me I was more interested in the sport aspect of something, instead of playing dress up (LARPing?) with either airsoft or paintball equipment.

I guess I am posting to ask what the attraction is?

As for paintball, if your not going to play at a high level competition wise it can be incredibly affordable. Though it has been a few years since I have played now, Tippmann has always been affordable.

If your looking for something a little more high end, check out www.pbnation.com and look at the B/S/T forums. You could buy a nice high end marker from 2-3 years ago for 300-400 bucks.

In fact so many people get into this sport prematurely that there is often a glut of nice equipment for cheap. You should be able to find a nice air setup, hopper, and marker for around 300. If you want higher end stuff you could get in for 500 or 600.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moosey,

Consider taking that money and buying something that will travel at least 940fps and go BANG.

Yeah, you don't get to shoot people, but you can kill the hell out of cans, bottles and try to put rounds through one hole on a piece of paper.

It'll last you longer than any airsoft.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:22pm

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Believe it or not Wal-Mart carries a pretty damn good gas powered air soft pistol that actually beat the hell out of a $200 Steyr-Aug replica and onlly cost 30 bucks. It used CO2 and actually stung a bit through cloth. That and a Crossman battery operated fully automatic and I did fine against alot of $150 plus toys.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Moosey,

Consider taking that money and buying something that will travel at least 940fps and go BANG.

Yeah, you don't get to shoot people, but you can kill the hell out of cans, bottles and try to put rounds through one hole on a piece of paper.

It'll last you longer than any airsoft.

I've got TONS of those, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Oh, and unlike real life, concealment and cover are the same thing. Yes, you can hide behind a shrub and it will act as cover against airsoft.

I've impressed you know the difference

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 10:08am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems, to me, that Airsoft is geared more for LARPrs and people not wanting to get hit with an ouchy paintball.

I started playing paintball and HS and had a great time doing it. I preferred playing in woods, but at the same time I wore cleats...so I wasn't trying to pretend I was in 'Nam or some crap like that. I had a team and basically we would tease guys who didn't get out.

We had a buddy who thought he was in The **** and would low crawl by himself all day long. He would brag that nobody got him out all day...but at the same time everyone forgot he was even there. He was made fun of a lot and to this day someone who disappears during a paintball round to wage there own personal war with 'the jungle' is still considered to have 'pulled a Mark.'

To the Canadian reservist,
    Perhaps Canadian reservists are tools, but in the US there really are no such things as pure reservists anymore. I'm a reservists and I have deployed four times and am getting ready for a fifth. As far as PT is concerned, our unit did a Personal Fitness Test last week and everyone ran the highest class score. Maybe its possible Canadian forces are different than US, oui?

**I recently watched the movie Role Models and afterward Googled LARPing. Wow! There are organizations organized at the state level...went to their website and watched some video clips....intensely gay.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 10:49am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moose..

Check out

www.tactical-training-solutions.net

Click on the "news" page

Like what you see ?

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 10:52am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also..

Airsoft weapons, even the high end scale systems such as Systema and Inokatsu are long-term cheaper to use than blank ammunition, even the UK forces are begining to see the benefits of using these RiF's as a substitute (as sad as that actually is)
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 1:25pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moose, I have an electric MP5 SD5 airsoft I'll sell you for teh cheap if you're interested in that model feel free to PM me. Used it when I worked in a cubefarm and got my workamtes into airsoft. Awesome CQB gun and stings like a bitch. You shoulod check out http://www.rap4.com/paintball/ . Seems like the better compromise between paintball spray and pray and airsoft LARPfests.

Oh and for cheap camo and such they have these places called Military Surplus stores. They should have pretty much anything you would want as far as camo and even possibly tactical gear depending on how big the place is.
    Last edited by Hooded Justice; 5/14/2010 1:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 1:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Airsoft BB's are so sad it's hard to even tell when you're hit. Play paintball. If you want to larp in paintball, go play with the "woodsball" mil-sim faggots or a scenario game.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:40pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Wrasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    moose you should check out http://evike.com they have a huge selection and some of it is really affordable. I got this http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=23858 for like 65 bucks and is still working. I personally just like running around shooting ****. Not really into the whole LARPing thing as much as i am into the realism of the guns and just shooting people with it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast