228148 Bullies, 4437 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Colin is offline
    Colin's Avatar

    LVL 99 Photomancer

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,120

    Posted On:
    3/15/2011 8:46am

    supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    "Shaolin-DO, The most comprehensive martial art in the world..."
  2. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/15/2011 1:49pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    Hi there Master David! Actually the art is being brought down because it's bullshit useless and all you do is step through retarded forms (Tiger claws rawr rawr rawr!!), you nickle and dime your students, and can't keep your hands off the female students. Nice try though.
  3. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:09pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on Shaolin-do. I did learn how to swing a Nunchuku and a big bamboo staff during my 4 months at the Denver CSC. This was of course a completely useless skill and certainly not worth the price of admission but it was kinda fun for a few months.

    My most fun experience there however was having some nasty little 16-year old kid black belt get in my face one night because someone had put my muddy shoes on his duffel bag. He was like "clean it off dude! Clean the mud off my bag!! Do it now!!" And I was like "LOL Hell no." And he was a maaaaddd little kid. With a muddy bag. LOL.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    3/15/2011 3:09pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    Brought down by gossip?

    There is a sealed court case which started the downfall on the West Coast.. Get your facts straight.
  5. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,585

    Posted On:
    3/15/2011 4:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame.
    Isn't naming the art Shaolin Do trying to profit off Shaolin? If the Do is to be used, it would make more sense to call it Shorin Do.


    I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in the world being bright down by internet gossip.
    How is Shaolin Do the most comprehensive martial art in the world? That sounds like a piece of Internet gossip.
  6. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/16/2011 3:10pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How is Shaolin Do the most comprehensive martial art in the world? That sounds like a piece of Internet gossip.
    Well, as I recall from Denver you have to learn and memorize something like 500 different forms/kata to become a Grandmaster in Shaolin-Do. So if by the word "comprehensive" he actually meant "a huge amount of useless ****" then he just might be right!
  7. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,490

    Posted On:
    3/16/2011 3:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When do we bring up melting babies?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  8. RWaggs is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kenmore, WA
    Posts
    919

    Posted On:
    3/16/2011 5:50pm


     Style: KK

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless your Shaolin gym is being run by one of the below grandmasters, you are not getting t3h r34l.

  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    3/16/2011 10:47pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    Well, as I recall from Denver you have to learn and memorize something like 500 different forms/kata to become a Grandmaster in Shaolin-Do. So if by the word "comprehensive" he actually meant "a huge amount of useless ****" then he just might be right!
    Dude no. If you don't remember that is fine, but don't make **** up. There was and is no criteria for who will be the next Grand Master. You earn Associate Master at 5th and Senior Master at 7th. It has nothing to do with how many forms you learn.
  10. The Deliverator is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NorCal, CA
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    3/17/2011 12:47am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Dude no. If you don't remember that is fine, but don't make **** up. There was and is no criteria for who will be the next Grand Master. You earn Associate Master at 5th and Senior Master at 7th. It has nothing to do with how many forms you learn.
    I'm honestly not trying to make stuff up or spread misinformation. I remembered from my CSC manual book a huge number of forms that had to be tested on for the upper level black belts and therefore figured a "Grand Master" had to test on and know all of the forms in the art. I was only there for 4 months so I'm certainly no expert on it, but I did get a decent taste of what they had to offer. Which is why I stopped doing it by the way; I just felt it was a huge waste of time to have to memorize and test on so many forms.

    Anyway, my mistake.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.