Sponsored Links Spacer Image

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    "Shaolin-DO, The most comprehensive martial art in the world..."

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    Hi there Master David! Actually the art is being brought down because it's bullshit useless and all you do is step through retarded forms (Tiger claws rawr rawr rawr!!), you nickle and dime your students, and can't keep your hands off the female students. Nice try though.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 2:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on Shaolin-do. I did learn how to swing a Nunchuku and a big bamboo staff during my 4 months at the Denver CSC. This was of course a completely useless skill and certainly not worth the price of admission but it was kinda fun for a few months.

My most fun experience there however was having some nasty little 16-year old kid black belt get in my face one night because someone had put my muddy shoes on his duffel bag. He was like "clean it off dude! Clean the mud off my bag!! Do it now!!" And I was like "LOL Hell no." And he was a maaaaddd little kid. With a muddy bag. LOL.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 3:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    Brought down by gossip?

There is a sealed court case which started the downfall on the West Coast.. Get your facts straight.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame.
    Isn't naming the art Shaolin Do trying to profit off Shaolin? If the Do is to be used, it would make more sense to call it Shorin Do.

I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in the world being bright down by internet gossip.
    How is Shaolin Do the most comprehensive martial art in the world? That sounds like a piece of Internet gossip.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 3:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How is Shaolin Do the most comprehensive martial art in the world? That sounds like a piece of Internet gossip.
    Well, as I recall from Denver you have to learn and memorize something like 500 different forms/kata to become a Grandmaster in Shaolin-Do. So if by the word "comprehensive" he actually meant "a huge amount of useless ****" then he just might be right!

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 3:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When do we bring up melting babies?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 5:50pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless your Shaolin gym is being run by one of the below grandmasters, you are not getting t3h r34l.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 10:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    Well, as I recall from Denver you have to learn and memorize something like 500 different forms/kata to become a Grandmaster in Shaolin-Do. So if by the word "comprehensive" he actually meant "a huge amount of useless ****" then he just might be right!
    Dude no. If you don't remember that is fine, but don't make **** up. There was and is no criteria for who will be the next Grand Master. You earn Associate Master at 5th and Senior Master at 7th. It has nothing to do with how many forms you learn.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 12:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Dude no. If you don't remember that is fine, but don't make **** up. There was and is no criteria for who will be the next Grand Master. You earn Associate Master at 5th and Senior Master at 7th. It has nothing to do with how many forms you learn.
    I'm honestly not trying to make stuff up or spread misinformation. I remembered from my CSC manual book a huge number of forms that had to be tested on for the upper level black belts and therefore figured a "Grand Master" had to test on and know all of the forms in the art. I was only there for 4 months so I'm certainly no expert on it, but I did get a decent taste of what they had to offer. Which is why I stopped doing it by the way; I just felt it was a huge waste of time to have to memorize and test on so many forms.

Anyway, my mistake.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast