Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pukulan Pentjak Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grandmaster Sin Kwang The'. Legit?

I ask because although there is a form/thread already about this (I think at least, it came up in the search) I was 403'd out of it. I'm looking to do some shaolin training to see what that's all about unless like from what I've kind of been reading the whole thing is very susceptible to crockery, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, there is a new school in my area, the Chinese Shaolin Center that seems to have large classes and somewhat exorbitant prices as well as being a franchise-type setup run by a one Grandmaster Sin Kwang The'. The center itself is run by Sarah Yoffe.

On the plus side, they offer 2 weeks free trial. I just wanted to know before I set out myself for investigation if someone already knows anything about this pair

I just did a quick google search on GMSKT, and he seems pretty fishy. 8th degree belts, no competition footage (unless you buy it) hrm... seeming fishy

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 12:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The school is almost definitely a McDojo (Rising belt test fees, mandatory uniform purchase from the school, lots and lots of seminars) although it doesn't really make any claims (or give any kind of information really) about Grandmaster Sin Kwang The' or Sarah Yoffe.

As far as Shaolin Do in general goes, there are already quite a few unflattering threads on the subject. I would steer clear.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 1:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was tending to agree. What's the criteria for doing an official investigation/review/writeup and/or is there a template that I can follow so that I can do the 2-week free trial and evaluate it according to Bullshido's system?

Or is Shaolin-Do just so tarnished that there is no need?

furthermore, here is a link to Grandmaster Sin Kwang Thé website as well as links to videos of his ONLY demonstration I could find as well as an ultra cheesy, weak looking promo video for their training center in Colorado

I'm just about ready to call Bullshido on this

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 1:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put shaolin-do, Shaolin-do, Sin Kwan The', Grandmaster The in the google search for Bullshido. No, we do not need another MABS thread on an already mcdojo guy with bullshido stories in his background.

So, how long did you train there before quitting?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/search.php

Welcome to bullshido. This is very old news. VERY OLD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:06pm

Style: boxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first vid was awesome. I mean, where else can you get a super mullet, flashy lights and somebody that stands there for literraly a solid minute soaking up his own ego?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzie56 View Post
    The first vid was awesome. I mean, where else can you get a super mullet, flashy lights and somebody that stands there for literraly a solid minute soaking up his own ego?
    Ninjitsu, Kempo, XMA, and certain wushu schools.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Put shaolin-do, Shaolin-do, Sin Kwan The', Grandmaster The in the google search for Bullshido. No, we do not need another MABS thread on an already mcdojo guy with bullshido stories in his background.

So, how long did you train there before quitting?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/search.php

Welcome to bullshido. This is very old news. VERY OLD.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be cluttering up the board, that's why I posted that I had already searched for this and got 403'd/forbidden so I didn't know what was going on and thought I would ask.

I haven't trained there, I was just going to do the 2 week free trial if it Info hadn't already been gathered, which I see not it has

Edit: I just rechecked the forum that I couldn't get into earlier and it worked. What a funny ol' internet. Anyway, I suppose since it's so old this thread will be deleted soon, sorry again for causing clutter
    Last edited by FreshlyMinted; 5/11/2010 2:47pm at . Reason: retried it

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 3:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are hundreds of threads and I'm glad you researched. Save your time. If you are looking for a Chinese Martial Art look for a school that has a sanshou or Sanda team.

Oh and stay away from Oom Yung Do.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 7:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shao-lin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 8:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyeMarker View Post
    Oh man, I cannot believe that I'm just seeing this. Some peopled may try to profit off of shaolin, and that is a shame. I have been in the art for years and and met Grandmaster many times. He is a good man and is far from egotistical. Every test he'll tell stories of how the art progressed and when a new white belt filled with excitement asks for a picture he smiles and bows humbly. I hate to think of the most comprehensive martial art in theworld being bright down by internet gossip.
    Reality's a bitch. Wear goggles.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast