Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 9:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are welcome to do what you want, but don't expect support or accolades from us here.
    You are not even remotely qualified to be teaching anyone anything martial arts related. At best you won't actively harm anyone with your instruction, at worst someone will get badly hut because you don't know WTF you are doing.
    Think of it like any other activity, if you are 6 months into your university degree you've barely covered your basic core classes. You CLEARLY aren't qualified to go teach courses related to the degree you hope to have.
    This is the same thing, you didn't spend enough time in any of those arts to have enough of a handle on them to be able to teach them to anyone else.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what kintanon said.

look monkfg, its about integrity.
    integrity is an important thing to have, we are only saying this for your own good.
    if you like you and i can have some face-knuckles time together at the td so you'll understand better.
    you'll thank me afterwards for allowing you this chance in personal growth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:04am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has LOL'S all over it! Lebell you sir are like a martial arts columbo. That boxing(well the video was titled boxing) wtf? in all seriousness what is the point of push hands? I mean is there any possible benefit to a fighter?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will be more of a workshop. We just try what works good, find easy ways. I don't think anyone is gonna get hurt, because this will stay light rolling and these guys don't tend to use too much power. I won't get and don't want money for that. Why do I live in a fantasy world? I had my sparring with MMA guys and will start training and my gym again as soon as I feel better. I trained for half a year in kickboxing and half a year in MMA and I think I can decide how I train, especially with my conditions. I won't show the other guys stuff I don't know(as I have stated before) so we can figure out everyting for ourselves. So what is the big problem? We won't be very good, but is that illegal?
    I trained here http://www.mudokwan.de/ and there http://mma-hamburg.de/Home.htm

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    It will be more of a workshop.
    no, it will not be more of a workshop.
    it will be more of a stupid crapplefest.
    it sounds to me like a bunch of inept insecure people who are too insecure to get out of their comfortzone get together so they can say they do 'mma' sometimes without getting their ego's hurt.
    thats BULLSHIDO.

We just try what works good, find easy ways.
    thats what i do with my gf, yet we dont call ourselves mma practisioners.
    what is your point?

I don't think anyone is gonna get hurt, because this will stay light rolling and these guys don't tend to use too much power. I won't get and don't want money for that. Why do I live in a fantasy world?
    you larp.
    larping is fantasy.
    get it now?
    no?
    you ROLEPLAY WITH TAI CHI PEOPLE THAT YOU DO GROUNDWORK/MMA.
    no, stop.
    dont read on, read the phrase in caps again, read it.

I had my sparring with MMA guys and will start training and my gym again as soon as I feel better.
    'i had my first aid course from a brain surgeon, as soon as i finish highschool i'll go study medicin properly but until then i think its okay to perform minor brain surgery.
    whats so wrong with that?'

I trained for half a year in kickboxing and half a year in MMA and I think I can decide how I train,
    omg...six whole months???
    no wait...that makes it 1 whole year in total...
    impressive!

I won't show the other guys stuff I don't know(as I have stated before) so we can figure out everyting for ourselves.
    lolwut?
    how does that work?

So what is the big problem? We won't be very good, but is that illegal?
    I trained here http://www.mudokwan.de/ and there http://mma-hamburg.de/Home.htm
    the problem is integrity, you lack it.
    you sir have every characteristic of a LOSER.
    instead of focusing on yourself and go back to being a student, you rather make your own way, nice and cosy in your comfortzone, and even worse start 'teaching' your crap to other people.

its really telling about what kinda person you are, and if you have like oh lets say 15 years experience in ma's (me, jnp the average poster here actually) you recognise your type of people pretty friggin fast.

so whats the problem?
    people with the mindset like you have: instead of showing some integrity and humility and getting outta that comfortzone you rather make excuses so you wont have to work hard, sure ' you'll getback in the game sometime soon' but in the meantime feel no moral objection to teach other people.

seriously, **** you and everything you stand for.
    i hope ill see you at the TD, the TD i went to last year after 3 hours of sleep, a serious backinjury, 4 hours by train i tried as hard as i could to participate, i met some awesome people and actually learned from them.
    instead of remaining some anonymous keyboard expert.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now look what you made me do!
    Im so mad i double posted!!!
    Haaaaargh!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that all you got? Come on, put more effort into it.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Is that all you got? Come on, put more effort into it.
    i can only imagine how many times you heared some coach yell that exact same phrase at you.
    are you glad you think you get to use it on somebody else?
    you know you're making excuses deep down inside.

nice dodging.

will you come to the TD?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:52am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not illegal, it's just stupid.
    And while you hope that no one will get hurt, you don't know enough about what you are doing to make sure of that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 12:46pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    i hope ill see you at the TD, the TD i went to last year after 3 hours of sleep, a serious backinjury, 4 hours by train i tried as hard as i could to participate, i met some awesome people and actually learned from them.
    instead of remaining some anonymous keyboard expert.
    I'd hope to see Monkfg there too.

Not because I want to kick his ass or anything, but because I know what a profound learning experience it was for me to be there last year.

The Euro Mega TD led me to re-evaluate a lot of what I (in only two years of MA training) had come to take for granted. Sparring with people from other styles is, by far, the most important thing I have done in my training. And it's also, by far, the most fun I have ever had.

That said - it is probably smart to be a bit humble at one of these gatherings. To listen more than to speak. And to keep an open mind and learn.

I had my arse handed to me by pretty much everyone there, regardless of size, gender or age. Or style, for that matter. But boy, did I learn a lot.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast