Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let's see what happens!

I asked the best student of my yang style Tai Chi teacher, that also has his own cheng hsin group and teaches others already(this is cheng hsin: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChengHsin), to let me try some grappling on him. It was in an email and he didnt answer yet. At first I just asked if I could get an idea of his cheng hsin practice first hand, but he answered that his group was closed doors and he offered a single lesson for 30 so I told him what I'm actually interested in. Am I believing to get a chance? No, but hope dies last. If I get a chance this could be really cool. My teacher says his push hands is very good while looking amazed about how good it is. This could make him hard to take down without going for his legs and even a single leg could become hard against someone with great balance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 9:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He answered he's rather a player than a fighter, but it looks like we get to meet. I don't know if this will cost me money.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thirty euro for a drop in lesson? Did I read that right?
    That **** is straight up bananas.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My teacher says his push hands is very good while looking amazed about how good it is. This could make him hard to take down without going for his legs and even a single leg could become hard against someone with great balance.
    Are you retarded?

You have one guy playing patty cake with another. That only proves they are good at patty cakes.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:24am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgive me. I didn't read all last time I posted here. I did only see push hands and 30 euros.. and I had already copied the trolololol song I just had to push ctrl+v. I feel bad because this thread and can be really cool.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what exactly are you trying to prove monk?
    in the hey bjj lets not unite thread you already tried to boast and didnt make sense when it came to grappling.

a couple of questions:
    how old are you?
    what would you like to prove?
    will you attend the euro mega td in october?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a decent push hands background, and I was not impressed with what I saw on his youtube channel (and that boxing one is just awful). I've held my own with world champion push hands players, yet I'm still quite vulnerable to being taken down by conventional grapplers. If you want to throw a wrench in his game, try keeping your arms tight and T-Rex like and keep moving forward. Push hands tends to discourage forward posturing (they focus on keeping the back upright) because you can exploit someone's balance if they're leaning forward too much, but they tend to not be too good at it since their training parters will play from an upright posture.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how old are you?
    what would you like to prove?
    will you attend the euro mega td in october?
    I'm 23 and looking for someone doing the same like me which is bringing tai chi(no forms, but the idea) into free fighting and I'd like to find out if cheng hsin guys can fight, which I don't expect but I want to know what it feels like sparring those guys and if they got something I could learn from them. At my tai chi school I'm the fighter guy(people become afraid if I talk about sparring), and I'm good at their very gentle tai chi and at my MMA gym I'm the tai chi guy at I'm good at sparring. The thing is that my own training mostly consists of working up my sparring and push hands experiences very detailed with tai chi exercises and my own meditation, which turned out to be the same meditation my tai chi teacher uses. So I don't need much external training to learn a lot and I'm looking for seomeone doing it the same way so I don't have to figure everything out myself. My tai chi teacher could help me alot, but after 2 years I can practice for myself and feel a lust for starting external training again. My teacher also has a very different nature and I can't follow him any further. Maybe all this has to do with me being autistoid(not enough for aspergers, but enough to make life difficult). As a child I intuitively used judo hip throws and double leg takedowns and I taught myself kicking and at my first day at kickboxing they said my kicks were perfect. I really would like to attend a throw down, but it's expensive and stressful and at the moment I have to heal my left knee, which hurts since I attended a tai chi workshop for 6 days and tried to please the teachers and didn't pay attention to my body. I like to train with a partner(have a grappling partner every few weeks) so I can decide what I want to do so I can keep my attention on my seemingly very sensitive body. I know, I'm not the guy for fighting, I'm too sensitive in too many ways, but having been a victim too often due to that to fight is everything I want.

Pick me apart Lebell.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 3:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

best

internetpersona

EVAH

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe just we two meet for some sparring, would like to learn something. What's your weight? I'm 72 Kg. A friend of mine will live 20 kilometers from the border soon and I can get there with him. And you come there then. I hope it's equally far away. If you don't want this I can come to you, but I don't want to bear the full costs of my trip. If I stay for 2 days you get me some place to sleep and it should be ok if I pay the whole trip.
    Ok for you?
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast