Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 1:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    Didn't 2 people with LEO experience already chime in on this thread?
    One did. Notice, he didn't speak on this specific incident. The other explicitly stated
    I'm a probation officer not a "cop"
    Considerign how many current officers we have this is nothing.

I don't think it is out of line for civilians to questions the circumstances around a video like this. Law enforecment officials are given a great amount of power and with great power comes great responsibility, or so I've heard. If they say "we know he has a grow op and is a dealer" and then can only find a bagie of pot means they failed period. If they end up finding a hydroponic farm under the floorboards or in back or in any way related the the suspect I will be happy to say they had a bit more justification for their actions. But until then it appears like an overuse of power and resources to enforce a draconian law that only serves to undermine trust in and respect for authority and especially LEO's.
    Climb off your soap box and read my post without your histrionics attached.

You added all that baggage to my comment.

You guys realize your actions in this thread are why no officer has answered your questions right?
    Like I said not one answered your questions. They gave a specific incident to what not full comments on the video. The tone of thread is exactly like all the other ones so, I think they decided not to post. Nowhere in that one sentence did I say never question a cop.

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, my theory is a lot of LEOs are silent because they know it's all bullshit too and don't want to openly say so on a forum that isn't 100% anonymous. Since they aren't posting either way we can't tell, so why not be an optimist?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 3:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Optimist?

Well, at least I know where all the drugs went.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 4:30pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    One did. Notice, he didn't speak on this specific incident.
    No, he spoke on an incident where he had to shoot a dog similar to this incident and the other one who is not a cop but is still LEO responded about his personal experiences in similar situation and some of his knowledge on the subject. The combination of the two had in my mind answered the asked questions pretty well. You are right that only 2 LEO responding isn't much but the thread is young and perhaps they are simply not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Climb off your soap box and read my post without your histrionics attached.

You added all that baggage to my comment.

Like I said not one answered your questions. They gave a specific incident to what not full comments on the video. The tone of thread is exactly like all the other ones so, I think they decided not to post. Nowhere in that one sentence did I say never question a cop.
    You gave a 1 sentence laconic post that had information without context. "You guys realize your actions in this thread are why no officer has answered your questions right? " What specific actions by whom are keeping cops from posting? Have they told you specifically that they weren't posting in this thread and why? If so please share so we can change the tone of the thread and get questions answered. I assumed that the questioning of police was what you were referring to as it seemed the only reason cops wouldn't respond other than not caring about the thread. And again you reference the tone of "other threads" but don't specify which ones. Are there multiple on this particular video or general subject?
    Last edited by Hooded Justice; 5/14/2010 4:42pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123