Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't knock the cops for serving a search warrant...but the fact that they could get a warrant on a guy who only has a little bit of weed is bullshit.

Legalize it and stop wasting resources on people getting stoned in their homes.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Break in and shoot the dogs and get a tiny bit of weed? Bullshit.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    The fact that they got a warrant for that is worse IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Legalize weed FFS

Also, some cops really need an asskicking that their uniform keeps them from receiving, which is why they're such pricks.
    Last edited by maofas; 5/11/2010 11:07am at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** like this is why i have an inherent distrust of law enforcement. wtf is a corgi gonna do? hump your leg a bit?

and as much as i would love to believe that every search warrant is valid, i have had friends who were raided because the cops busted in the wrong trailer in a trailer park. everybody got arrested for possession of controlled substances because the woman who owned the trailer had prescription narcotics (that had actually been prescribed to her for recovery from back surgery). they all beat the rap, but the woman's drugs were never given back and the cops didn't pay for any damage to the trailer.

in my home town the police (especially when it comes to narcotics) are terribly unreliable at best, and flat out corrupt at worst.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 11:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sociocide.com

Same login as the Bullshido one.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the fact that they could get a warrant on a guy who only has a little bit of weed is bullshit.
    The fact that they got a warrant for that is worse IMO.
    Keep in mind, guys, the warrant wasn't for "a tiny bit of weed." IIRC, according the story the warrant was because they suspected the guy of dealing (or having a grow, or something). They only FOUND a tiny bit of weed when they executed the warrant. And that could be because the guy wasn't dealing. But it could also be because he didn't keep his main stash at the house, or got rid of it all because he knew something was up, or any number of reasons. But I can guarantee you they did not get a warrant and execute a raid of that level expecting to find, or for the purposes of confiscating a "tiny bit of weed."

Flyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me, this isn't an issue about weed, it's an issue about police procedure. My question is how much prior research and surveillance did they do before executing the warrant?

Just seeing the video doesn't give us a lot of context, was there something in prior investigation that led them to believe a show of force like this was necessary? I wouldn't think a neighbor's tip would be enough for a reasonable judge to sign off on a search warrant without some more evidence.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 10:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys realize your actions in this thread are why no officer has answered your questions right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 1:11pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You guys realize your actions in this thread are why no officer has answered your questions right?
    Didn't 2 people with LEO experience already chime in on this thread? I don't think it is out of line for civilians to questions the circumstances around a video like this. Law enforecment officials are given a great amount of power and with great power comes great responsibility, or so I've heard. If they say "we know he has a grow op and is a dealer" and then can only find a bagie of pot means they failed period. If they end up finding a hydroponic farm under the floorboards or in back or in any way related the the suspect I will be happy to say they had a bit more justification for their actions. But until then it appears like an overuse of power and resources to enforce a draconian law that only serves to undermine trust in and respect for authority and especially LEO's.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast