Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullies, I need help once again!

rant begins: I've been training in Bjj for about 2 years now. My first gym was "meh" and a lot of people quit because of the way it was being run. I signed up at a new place that kicked my ass and I fell in love. Then I started to realize that this gym was dirty as ****. I caught ring worm and told the owner about it. He said I could keep training but just to cover it by using a pen......... Anyways, I volunteered to clean the mats but he says " It's not necessary I clean the mats twice a week"

Considering that I was on a contract I kept going after my ring worm healed and I fucking caught that **** again! I stopped going and I had my bank stop all charges. There were some other issues I had with the gym but in the end I feel disheartened about Bjj. :rant ends

I'm considering boxing but I don't want to end up in the same situation. I live in Northern Nj and I know of some schools around the area but how do I tell the good ones from the bad? What questions should I ask the owner before I sign up? If any of you live in the area please enlighten me on some of the better boxing schools.

Sorry for the rant.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is one terrible tale.
    I have a fairly simple theory and it applies to boxing wrestling whatever.
    Do they compete how often and do they win?
    I just cannot see bad schools throwing students into situations where they get bashed regularly.

As to weather or not you will catch the plague I have no Idear apart from looking at how clean the school is

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah the "dirty" gym I was at was a brand new gym. I only signed up because I went to visit the main gym and got a few free classes before I signed up. The new gym was a branch so it had someone else managing it. Just by the looks of the gym I figured it was clean. I was never there for the last class so I never actually saw whether or not they cleaned all the equipment before closing up.

I guess I can just ask the owner next time. I'm not too fond of contracts either. I'm hoping most boxing schools are on a pay as you go type of deal.