Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well this thread has turned retarded.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post

Whenever I stay in a tai chi state of mind, I wind up killing dozens of lizards in my backyard. They just can't handle my elasticity. They all fell from alone.
    im not allowed to do tai chi anymore.
    like my mom gets angry when i get my chi all over my blankets cos she has to wash it all.
    one time i was really practising my tai chi hard and my mom walked in on me.
    ewww...

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Another one: "sparring" with a kung fu "master" "with more than 20 years of experience" in his school. He clinched and I only concentrated on staying in the tai chi state of mind and absorbing force elastically and somehow this guy fell from alone.
    Why are "you" putting "random words" in "quotations marks"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I put his words in quotation marks. He kept repeating that he's got 20 years of experience and is some kind of kung fu master(don't know the name) and to him what we were doing was sparring, which was actually nearly no touch. He fell from alone, I didn't do anything(<--- this is what has finally worked), but keeping my structure, it was really strange, maybe he just sucked.
    At 2:39 is a pretty effortless throw against a Shui Jiao wrestler. Huang did something there though, but I think his opponent was incomparable to the kung fu guy "with 20 years of experience" (yes, I did it again :-P).
    YouTube- GM HUANG- Taichi VS Wrestling - Most Controversial Fight 1st

The sparring situation with the MMA guy meant something to me because what I did happened completely by intuition and that's my aim in training. That's also the reason why I chose to train with MMA guys. I can't spar with too many rules because then I'd have to think about everything first because things like this knee strike could happen. I didn't feel comfortable sparring under the no legs rule, but I gotta do what the trainer says if I want to train at this gym so I gave it a try.

I'll try to explain my submission, which I haven't seen in any competition yet(either it is completely useless against better guys or I simply missed it). I start in back mount, I bring my left leg under his left armpit, bring the back of my right knee between his head and his right shoulder, flex the right knee, bring my right foot under the back of my left knee, flex my left knee and have a triangle position around his neck and his left arm. I need to be fast and stay tightly on his body with my legs so he gets no arm under them. I can get some pressure on his neck with the triangle put usually it's not enough to get a tap. Then I grab his left arm and armbar it on my left thigh which always seemed very easy from this position. The judo guy was a green belt and practiced and competed until he was 15, he's 19 now. Maybe he has an idea of ground fighting, but rolling with him seems very easy to me.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 2:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehehe i think you might want to spar with capable grapplers, you'd be in for a surprise if you try that kinda stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but is anyone used to defend against this? If I'm fast enough and get it closed it can work.

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 4:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but is anyone used to defend against this? If I'm fast enough and get it closed it can work.
    ......dude....stop it..

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 7:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assume this is what you're talking about:

YouTube- Brian Morgan: Reverse Triangle from the Back

If it is, then locking it is all in the set up. If you don't set it up properly, they will be on top in side-control with an easy pass because you have no base with your feet.

You have to keep an underhook when you are locking it. Otherwise they are out.

You have to take away all space before you lock it. Otherwise they are out.

You have to maintain inward pressure with your legs. Otherwise they are out.

People are used to defending this. You will see people defend it the same way they defend an arm bar from mount (drag shoulder under them and turn to knees or sit up). They may not have been in that position before, but the instinct is there.

It isn't about being 'fast enough.' It is about the setup and staying tight. If you didn't focus on the setup and still locked it, you got lucky.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 8:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, thanks for the video.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123