Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 7:30am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by valeriyk View Post
    It's a 10th Planet technique, Eddie Bravo's bread and butter move, and his nickname. There's a name for it in wrestling but it escapes me at this moment, but it's a neck crank. Twist the opposite's hips while using your facing arm to cradle his neck and your opposite hand in a baseball grip and cranking it, and to further pressure you can use your elbow to catch the hand.

YouTube- Eddie Bravo, Twister
    In Wrestling is called a Guillotine. And sometimes in Jiu Jitsu is called a "Wrestler's Guillotine." It's a Wrestling leg riding technique, but Bravo added a ton of different setups from Jiu Jitsu positions and the Machados called it a twister as their already a Jiu Jitsu technique called a Guillotine.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 7:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    In Wrestling is called a Guillotine. And sometimes in Jiu Jitsu is called a "Wrestler's Guillotine." It's a Wrestling leg riding technique, but Bravo added a ton of different setups from Jiu Jitsu positions and the Machados called it a twister as their already a Jiu Jitsu technique called a Guillotine.
    ^^^ guillotine.

you twist the spine.
    you dont get it easily against a seasoned grappler.
    at least i don't.
    its one of those ' lolol i pulled on off on a noob!' kinda technique.
    perhaps a better grappler can more easily apply it.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 7:46am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    ^^^ guillotine.

you twist the spine.
    you dont get it easily against a seasoned grappler.
    at least i don't.
    its one of those ' lolol i pulled on off on a noob!' kinda technique.
    perhaps a better grappler can more easily apply it.
    The only two position I found that I can pulled it off is as a counter to Scarf Hold and from back mount if they are good at defending the RNC. But I am not from a wrestling background. I am sure a wrestler that uses leg ridding could pull it off more consistently.

Its a fun technique to have in your arsenal, but I wouldn't build an entire game around it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought up a submission and when rolling ligthly with an ex judo guy at school I got it to work. He has no idea of ground fighting. It's a combination of a reversed triangle and an armbar and you do this from back mount. If you don't get under his chin for an RNC you can still try this. The armbar part of it is the most effective submission I know, once you're there. It needs no power at all. I always wondered why people tap so fast from it in demonstrations until I had a total ubernoob try it at me.

The other moment was when an 30lb+ heavier bouncer guy with a big fat ugly MMA tattoo all over his back tried a double leg on me in MMA sparring. As a reflex i lifted my knee and cut his right eye. I didn't know what happened and after seeing the cut I didn't know where it was from. Too bad we weren't allowing kicks in that session and I didn't feel good after it.

Another one: "sparring" with a kung fu "master" "with more than 20 years of experience" in his school. He clinched and I only concentrated on staying in the tai chi state of mind and absorbing force elastically and somehow this guy fell from alone.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer to yell "Auntie Em, Auntie Em (, it's a twister)"
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma, the two ways you pull it off are exactly the only way i know how to get it... I first learned it from scarf (on the bottom) but more and more i use it if the guy turtles as more experienced grapplers defend the RNC before you even sink your hook... Especially against my MMA friends no one knows what this move is so its a pretty easy tap if i get there back...

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 7:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    I thought up a submission and when rolling ligthly with an ex judo guy at school I got it to work. He has no idea of ground fighting. It's a combination of a reversed triangle and an armbar and you do this from back mount. If you don't get under his chin for an RNC you can still try this. The armbar part of it is the most effective submission I know, once you're there. It needs no power at all. I always wondered why people tap so fast from it in demonstrations until I had a total ubernoob try it at me.

The other moment was when an 30lb+ heavier bouncer guy with a big fat ugly MMA tattoo all over his back tried a double leg on me in MMA sparring. As a reflex i lifted my knee and cut his right eye. I didn't know what happened and after seeing the cut I didn't know where it was from. Too bad we weren't allowing kicks in that session and I didn't feel good after it.

Another one: "sparring" with a kung fu "master" "with more than 20 years of experience" in his school. He clinched and I only concentrated on staying in the tai chi state of mind and absorbing force elastically and somehow this guy fell from alone.
    you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, do you?
    wtf are you talking about???
    seriously, explain me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, do you?
    wtf are you talking about???
    seriously, explain me.
    What the **** are you talking about?

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** are you talking about?
    exactly.
    what the **** are YOU talking about?

your post makes the following impression to a normal person of average intelligence (that would be me):

i did a reverted triangle on a ??? but from a back mount ???? and also a judo guy with no groundwork experience and ?????, conclusion: ?????

^^^

srsly, can anyone figure this out?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/11/2010 10:47am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought up a submission and when rolling ligthly with an ex judo guy at school I got it to work. He has no idea of ground fighting.
    And ex-Judo guy has no idea of ground fighting? Must not be too much of an ex-Judo guy.

It's a combination of a reversed triangle and an armbar and you do this from back mount. If you don't get under his chin for an RNC you can still try this. The armbar part of it is the most effective submission I know, once you're there. It needs no power at all. I always wondered why people tap so fast from it in demonstrations until I had a total ubernoob try it at me.
    What?

So... accidental knee = victory? I thought this thread was about thing you've TRIED to do and eventually succeeded in doing.

Whenever I stay in a tai chi state of mind, I wind up killing dozens of lizards in my backyard. They just can't handle my elasticity. They all fell from alone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast