Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 8:53pm

Style: muay thai, kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone know this fool?

http://www.redjademartialarts.com

Seems pretty fake to me. This young kid I know trains with him and is convinced the guy is a master. I think the kid has been brainwashed!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 9:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcca View Post
    http://www.redjademartialarts.com

Seems pretty fake to me. This young kid I know trains with him and is convinced the guy is a master. I think the kid has been brainwashed!!
    Welcome back. You might want to read these two threads as things have changed.

Bullshido Community Rules and Standards of Conduct - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

MABS: Purpose and Policy - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Yes, these will explain why your thread was moved.

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 10:06pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see anything about the site that says fraud or bullshido. I skimmed through almost everything and didn't see any outlandish or obviously false claims. At wost this site may be guilty of some slight mcdojoery if anything. If I was interested in CMA and the typical stuff it offers this site wouldn't send me running, still it's not for me though.

"Beginners learn these foundation through sparring, applications training and traditional forms (routines) practice."

^It at least sounds somewhat like these guys are on the right track by getting beginners and not only the advanced students to spar.

"The Drunken Style we teach is designed for actual combat not just performance use."

^Although it may debated how useful drunken fist could ever be they appear to care about making what they teach usable to some degree.

"These beginner forms include Dragon Fist, Tornado Fist, Dragon Pole, Dancing Staff, Paired Daggers (8 Animal Fist) and Monkey Fist. "

I as I skimmed the site this caught my eye and gave me a chuckle, good thing they put a comma between pole and dancing.

I'm not sure why kelcca feels the need to call this guy/site a fool without quoting or addressing anything in particular other than his own biased opinion. Why does this seem fake? What is the point?

As a non CMA practitioner at a glance it looks like a typical CMA school to me, there is nothing incredibly good that stands out about it but there is also nothing that bad about it either.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2010 11:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what I got from a quick perusal of the site was that it states that they use sparring, and that the drunken fist styles emphasize the use for real combat,

and then the only video proof it offers of its combat efficiency is this duechebaggery

YouTube- Drunken Style Tiger Balm 2009
    Last edited by madeofcandy; 5/14/2010 11:24pm at . Reason: nvm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2010 6:30pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the guy's glasses and tennis shoes make me laugh, but I don't see any "chi ball" nonsense and the Qigong is optional.

The only thing I would be a bit skeptical about is that nowhere does it state how long he trained in any of these arts, but he does at least tell who his teachers are in Wing Chun.

I do remember seeing this guy on the front page of some Drunken Boxing site, though.

Maybe OP should just STFU and train with the guy and find out