Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 12:34am

Style: Judo-Brown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do you get out of...

The deep guillotine that uses the RNC grip?

When the attacker has his chest on the back of the defender's neck (and some upper back) and the crook of his elbow is under the chin. The hand of the choking arm is on the bicep of the arm that goes on the back of the defender (hidden by the head of the choker). And the attacker is sprawled out so his body is parallel to the defender's, not perpendicular.

Sorry for the long description, i couldn't find a video.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 12:46am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As normal, get your chin down to buy yourself time to get some fingers in so you aren't in danger of getting immediately choked. Then table up, shoot your hips up in the air and and sit out so that you are facing the side that elbow is on, umm, not the side where they are grabbing the bicep, the other side. That puts pressure on the elbow and drives it up, straining the shoulder and normally causing your opponent to release the hold. As you sit out, reach out and underhook the leg, then take the back.

Very reliable.
    I swear I had a video of someone using this escape against a front headlock in wrestling but I can't find it now. I swear it works.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 1:35am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    As you sit out, reach out and underhook the leg, then take the back.
    Quick addition for what works for me:

- Sit out not perpendicular to them, nor directly towards their feet. Instead, split the difference. Shorter distance to their back, and less likely to end up in bottom side-control.

- When sitting out, concentrate on pressuring/driving their 'close' shoulder (the shoulder of the arm around your neck) to the ground. When you break down their posture like this, it takes their hips/core out of play (less pressure), and they will more than likely post with the 'other' arm (the one not around your neck).

YMMV.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 10:51am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weird, if this is the choke I'm thinking of sitting out usually makes it worse. I swear I've even finished it upside down on people that have tried to sit out on me.

Is it this choke?
    YouTube- Kenny Florian shows a guillotine choke variation on Joanne

If so Kenny Florian agrees with me and so does Joanne of MMA Girls.
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 5/05/2010 11:00am at .

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 1:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Weird, if this is the choke I'm thinking of sitting out usually makes it worse. I swear I've even finished it upside down on people that have tried to sit out on me.

Is it this choke?
    YouTube- Kenny Florian shows a guillotine choke variation on Joanne

If so Kenny Florian agrees with me and so does Joanne of MMA Girls.
    Ah! My response was in regards to the head being on the same side as the arm around the neck and the other arm was figure-foured behind the head instead of grabbing the wrist.

This one (head on other side like a no-arm D'Arce choke) is a different monster. I'm unsure of the recommended escape from it.

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 2:10pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never tried to escape it when my opponent isn't sprawling on top of me to apply it. Dunno how sitting out would work against someone sitting in butterfly, but I imagine not very well.
    Also, for the escape I described your head and body have to be on the same side of your attackers body. Otherwise you can't sit out. I has my camera with me. I'll film the one I'm talking about before class tonight and post it so you can see it.

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 11:28pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ended up doin the filming after class since I got caught up at work and the video ended up sucking a little. I might post it anyways if it looks like it clearly shows WTF I'm talking about, otherwise I'll reshoot on friday. I did see what WS is talking about though, if you sit out to the wrong side it cranks the choke on SUPER tight. You HAVE to sit out on the side of the choking arms hand.
    You also really have to drive it hard, a half assed sitout just gives up your back. Doing it a few times made me think there must be a BETTER escape for it. But I didn't see one off hand.