Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 3:14pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superninjagod View Post
    However I can't imagine any other TMA being different from the Booj for all the same reasons. When you don't pressure test your skills, and you larp all day, you MUST on some level believe that your skills would work. Therefore it is easy to BELIEVE in some one or something hard enough to be cult like...
    You need to shut the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 3:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I won't disagree with you, but I have some additional comments...

In the Escrima show, Jason admited his stick-fighting background wasn't much. Who knows? I do think spacing and timing (especially with weapons) is a strength of the Booj instruction. But I can't defend that emprically.
    I would definetly have to disagree with you here, most BJK places don't spar, even with weapons. When I did JKD I sparred much more frequently with weapons

Jason Chambers is a Brown Belt in Jiu Jitsu. I realize that it's not a one-to-one ratio for comparison, but the boojer, Doug Wilson, is above 10th Dan! (I said 13th before, but I lose track, he could be 15th...) Don't you think if anyone in the booj should have mastered throwing, it should be a mega-dan?
    Again I would have to disagree with you, there are those with less over all MA experience than Jason Chambers who are in the mega dan rank. But the
    aspect of out throwing an opponent. Even if Doug was Properly trained, there would still be very few hours in Doug's training that is dedicated to grappling, ie throws. Because Doug is trying to learn 20+ weapons, throwing stars, and all the Hatsumi LARP (IE traditional training methods), there doesn't leave a whole lot of time to train basics like punching and kicking and throwing etc, let alone train that in a "live" fashion. Whereas Jason Chambers did BJJ and MMA which exclusively deals with live training and throwing etc.

So what is my point, due to the nature of the beast, even if he was a "good" Mega-Dan, he was still out classed.

Specific problems I see (not all inclusive)................. Blah blah blah....................Doug sucks the fart out of my ass.......... Blah Blah blah.....
    Jason's training pays-off big at this point, and he does as he's trained to do, which is execute his own counterthrow. Doug looks somewhat surprised at the counter-throw attempt, almost as if he's never encountered this before... And he probably hasn't.
    I agree with every point you mentioned here so I won't even bother
    Now I'm gonna get so lazy that I will write in red.

I know I sound overly critical. No not really, all points valid. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have faired any better than Doug Wilson against Jason Chambers. Maybe if you were crippled. Critiquing sparring performance is suppossed to provide an opportunity to improve. However, Booj forums all seemed to think Doug did a great job. As I wrote before, he did considering all the factors. He should have faired much worse. I saw very few raise concerns about how systemic training methods (i.e. lack of randori) may have caused any flaws. I fully back you on this point. I guess I've been so disillusioned by the Booj I was totally shocked to see this doug guy even hold his own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Really... Why?:user:

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 4:09pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really... Why?:user:
    Because you're a fucking idiot making generalized statements using terms that you likely wouldn't be able to define & defend in a logical cogent manner that would easily get your intellectual ass handed to you worse than a 12 year old with Bujinkan 15th dan in an MMA match.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 4:27pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    listen to this guy. we have all seen his posts. He is mean and he is going to hurt your internet butthole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because you're a fucking idiot making generalized statements using terms that you likely wouldn't be able to define & defend in a logical cogent manner that would easily get your intellectual ass handed to you worse than a 12 year old with Bujinkan 15th dan in an MMA match.
    So making a Generalized Statement, in YMAS in all places makes you a Fucking Idiot.

And what was my sin again.... Oh cause I said ALL TMA's instead of MOST TMA's. Well I'm glad you pointed that out. Nobody would have been able to figure out what I was getting at with out your interference. Thank you so much you fucking douche. We need more douches out there to point out the bloody obvious. Get a life.

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 6:02pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So making a Generalized Statement, in YMAS in all places makes you a Fucking Idiot.
    Sorry, you're not protected in YMAS, from me, or anyone else. In fact, you are far less protected here.

And what was my sin again.... Oh cause I said ALL TMA's instead of MOST TMA's. Well I'm glad you pointed that out. Nobody would have been able to figure out what I was getting at with out your interference. Thank you so much you fucking douche. We need more douches out there to point out the bloody obvious. Get a life.
    Oh it's more than that, my sensitive little dipshit.

Which TMAs were you referring to?

Taekwondo perhaps?

Or Judo?

Or Taijiquan?

Or Brazilian Jujutsu?

Or Shotokan Karate?

Or Muay Thai?

Please, tell us what a TMA is?

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 6:09pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looked like Chambers wasn't interested in demolishing the Ninja after he took him to the mat. Not to mention that this "game" looked to be about foam shuriken and swords rather than unarmed combat.

If they had mouthguards and gloves and Jason could have gone GnP, it would have been all over IMO.

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 6:24pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    If they had mouthguards and gloves and Jason could have gone GnP, it would have been all over IMO.
    What are you talking about? Gloves? Don't you know there are no rules in Ninjutsu?

That's what really limited the ninjer. They had rules so the fight could be shown on TV. He wasn't allowed to gouge eyes or kick to the nuts.

If that had been a real ninja fight, it would've been 30 seconds of black screen with a parental warning and the sounds of agonized screams coming from Jason Chambers. And the producers still need him to get his cocky ass kicked in Korea the next week.

(Yes. I'm yanking your chain.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 7:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact you asked this makes you an idiot. YMAS is for silliness but, I don't understand why some posters feel that means all bets are off when it comes to generalizations, racism, martial claims, and other idiocy. It doesn't.

The same standards of proof apply here as everywhere else but, there is a level of **** talking allowed in here that isn't allowed in MABS. There is a level of ridicule allowed here that isn't allowed in MABS.

Learn how to post. You said all while posting on bullshido. You, as many other posters, got called on your idiocy. Unlike the other posters you got butthurt.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast