223612 Bullies, 3688 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 52
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
  1. Aaron_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    134

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 9:45am


     Style: Judo/Stronglifts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Don;t blame me. the physics of bullet wounds are insanely complicated. It's an exercise in frustration that NOBODY has really been able to distill to something universal and cohesive.

    Every bullet, trajectory, human body, and wound is unique. It makes meaningful analysis incredibly difficult, and even if you could do all themath, you will still never REALLY know if your bullet is gonna drop the bad guy or not.
    i was kidding about blaming you for this :) it's more my fault for derailing the thread to talk about physics lol.

    although i really did like the article, very informative :)
  2. Wing-Kwan-Fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    169

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:22am


     Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOUR a physics
  3. Aaron_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    134

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:59am


     Style: Judo/Stronglifts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOU, sir, are the biggest physics i have ever seen in my life.
  4. Domite is offline
    Domite's Avatar

    blotter art.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    1,529

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:32pm


     Style: San Shou

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in the end it says that you should carry as much gun as you can handle. I'm a very large man, and I really don't understand why I would want anything bigger than a .22

    I mean, I have never shot anyone, but I would assume that putting a few holes of any size in somebody would do a lot to dampen their spirits. Why carry as much as you could handle? I have always seen handguns bigger than 9mm as just a marketing scheme.
  5. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:53pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    So in the end it says that you should carry as much gun as you can handle. I'm a very large man, and I really don't understand why I would want anything bigger than a .22

    I mean, I have never shot anyone, but I would assume that putting a few holes of any size in somebody would do a lot to dampen their spirits. Why carry as much as you could handle? I have always seen handguns bigger than 9mm as just a marketing scheme.
    There are three simple reasons why I opted for .45ACP:
    1. If I have to point my gun at someone, it's because they need to die—not have their spirits dampened (if someone doesn't need to die, there's no reason to use deadly force).
    2. I can handle the recoil of said caliber, though it certainly helps that I have a full-size 1911, and shoot it accurately from 20 feet (that being my distance from the target).
    3. Should I be placed in mortal danger, I'd like to make as big a hole as possible.

    As for why you'd want something bigger than a .22, you'd do well to research the reason .45ACP was invented in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  6. Conde Koma is offline
    Conde Koma's Avatar

    Thumbs up!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great stuff, glad to be informed!
  7. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 6:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    So in the end it says that you should carry as much gun as you can handle. I'm a very large man, and I really don't understand why I would want anything bigger than a .22

    I mean, I have never shot anyone, but I would assume that putting a few holes of any size in somebody would do a lot to dampen their spirits. Why carry as much as you could handle? I have always seen handguns bigger than 9mm as just a marketing scheme.
    Because it is not about "killing power" its about "stopping power." Yes, just showing you are armed will end almost all encounters, but if you have to pull that trigger you want to pull it as few times as necessary.

    The "Goldfinger" quote aside (bonus points for the person who puts it here first,) bigger holes are better, generally speaking. The body of evidence tells us that as we go below the .38/9mm window we have fewer stops than when we are at that window.

    I am a carbine fan at home.... but also have a Sig P220 (.45) for that job too. It is just too big and heavy for daily carry for me. So my P7M8 or hammerless .38 are my carry pieces. I do not feel underpowered with either one.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  8. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:05pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    The "Goldfinger" quote
    It doesn't exactly fit the context, but I can only think you were alluding to "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  9. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,404

    Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hoping that the Glaser safety slugs in mom's .44 special weren't a waste of money.
  10. Re4 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    5/07/2010 2:14am


     Style: JKD/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bond is on a plane with ***** galore brandishing a .45 revolver at him. He warns her if she fires the bullet will go through him and out the fuselage, decompressing the plane and killing them both.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.