Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 12:36am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Non compliant blade ambush drill...

We were working simultaneous shearing and countering on friday, based off jail stabbing accounts and videos like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjKU0p9JZw

We worked a repetitive pattern of lowline #5 thrusts or high line #1 thrusts or slashes, while the defender had to simultaneously shear into the forearm (think like a forearm tempering drill) with the left ridge, while stiff arming the face to simulate orbital strikes with the right hand.

When the repetitive striking pattern emerged, or the oppertunity arose, the rear hand pass to the outside low line, or hubud overhead pass was used to the oustide high line, then attempts were made to get control of the weapon, from a relatively safe vantage point. The weapon was usually dragged to third point floor placement and a foot trap/stomp.

Lots of sweat and bruises, but once everyone is all healed up, I'll tape and post a video.

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes video would be good. Sounds like a good "live" drill. What style FMA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 1:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pintados Stickboxing is our FMA class, we work in a very Dog Brothers based "Use What Works" dynamic. We try to actually test out a lot of the classical stuff we were shown... sparring, in the prison system, as doormen, etc.

I've studied Modern Arnis for over 5 years and Pekiti Tirsia for 2, and am now in the process of testing for Guro in Kali Ilustrisimo Under GM Norman Suanico and Guro Sonny Padilla. I find that the different arts I've studied (as much as they swear otherwise) tend to focus on specific areas (Stick, knife, or sword / largo, medio, or corto, / trapping, stop cutting, show business manipulations, or actual sparring). Some are... let's say... more realistic than others.

In the Pintados program, we try to cut out the unessential glitz that separates "systems", and focus on the core (functional) similarities in the filipino arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 7:20pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be curious to see the drill when you post a vid of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 1:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chatting tonight about training, my bouncer buddy is a Krav Maga instructor and said they do a similar simultaneous defense and counter called "bursting".

I just got home and looked it up, and lo and behold it wasn't just similar, it was pretty much the exact drill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcyRPAQRMo0

Except add hubud or low crossada pass out at the end of a few "Bursts".

Posted On:
    5/08/2010 6:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi,

First post,

Funny today i was thinking when i ever make it to instructor, i will show videos of real life attacks.
    Training in the dojo is a very good thing, but it is nothing like the real deal.
    All out of the sudden, facing opponents that are usualy way bigger and stronger than you and more confident. (like you could see in the video)

Awesome that you guys train sometimes like this. (using material from rl fights)

I have done some martial arts, but the best in my humble opinion are the one's that get you prepared for the real deal.

And what is Arnis ? I never heard of it.