Thread: Cold Steel haz "y3 0ld3 d34d1y"
5/03/2010 7:13pm, #1
Cold Steel haz "y3 0ld3 d34d1y"
Das Zwiehander, perfect solution for "th3 d34d1y $tr33tz". Well, according the Cold steel marketing reps anyways.:dontknow:
YouTube- Two Handed Great Sword
“Foresooth! With ye olde zwiehander placed beside the door of his majesties antechamber, neither orc, nor dragon, nor giant cave troll will deign to disturb thine royal slumber!”
5/03/2010 8:05pm, #2
5/03/2010 8:11pm, #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
- Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
- Recovery(lung surgeries)
5/03/2010 8:31pm, #4
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
i hath heard of thee annoying and mischevious trolls that reside in thee giante scripture and knowledge webs.
For they are quicke and hath multiple faces, all of them of ye true cowards, however nobody hath slayin that pesty troll.
Will this gloarious sword hath the power to murder them ?, i have to avenge me honour for they hath called me sexual compass to be pointing the other way, and named my mother a scarlet woman.
5/03/2010 8:53pm, #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- PHX or thereabouts
- Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung
Hmmmm I'm not seeing this do anything a Hanwei katana wouldn't do, and for substantially less money.
Except, of course, that I don't use my swords for pull ups.
Why does the moustachioed fellow keep looking at the blade? Does he have his notes written on there, or is it the formation of a boner from all those sales he's going to get?
5/03/2010 9:14pm, #6"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***
"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19
"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
5/03/2010 9:55pm, #7
OK, the sword is bad ass, but I have a couple of problems with their marketing this for home defense.
1) gun > sword for home defense
2) leaving a sword by the front door is a bad idea. Most home invaders and burglars don't knock politely at the door (OK, some burglars do, but only to make sure no one is home). Leaving a sword by front door just ensures that anyone kicking down your door is going to be better armed than they were before they kicked down your door.
3) again, yes this looks like a badass battle blade, but I'd do more damage to my furniture, walls and door frames swinging that at any would-be home invaders or burglars than I would if I just unloaded on them with some 00 buckshot. I would think short to medium sized swords would be much better for indoor use than a sword designed to be used on a medieval battle field.
Of course, he didn't talk about the more practical applications for this sword, which are implied in the demonstration:
1) hawg hunting - you could kill some serious wild boar with that bad boy:
2) butchering said hawgs after killing them:
3) ice sculpture - who needs a friggin' chainsaw?
5/03/2010 10:39pm, #8
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- San Diego
- street paddleboarding
If he's talking home defense, his own company makes far better options for a confined space- tomahawks, assegai, combat knives, push daggers, etc.
I'd be more interested in purchasing that sweet Cold Steel castle in the background.
5/03/2010 10:43pm, #9
5/03/2010 10:55pm, #10
Blue rope cut at 6:00 is there any advantage to that grip he took? (left hand touching pommel, right hand touching left hand)