Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questions about Challenges

Just a quick question in regards to all of this If this had come down to a fight how good a show would he have had to put up to be considered legitimate?
    does he have to win? or just prove that he can hold his own or does he get points for just having the balls to turn up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 1:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Just a quick question in regards to all of this If this had come down to a fight how good a show would he have had to put up to be considered legitimate?
    does he have to win? or just prove that he can hold his own
    Start a thread and ask the question, it is to general for MABS.

Wait.....

Cull:
    Mike Omerbegovich BJJ homestudy no gi... - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does he have to win? or just prove that he can hold his own or does he get points for just having the balls to turn up.
    My $0.02 - showing up to a challenge and holding his own (or winning) means that he showed up to a challenge and held his own (or won). Not much else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 1:53pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He would have had to display decent technique, in my opinion.

At the gym, when we are trying to decide who's close to promotion, we don't expect the White Belts to be winning over the Purples and Blues, but we do expect to see proper defense, escapes, feints, and attacks. Winning is just a bonus.

This "test" would have been the same, I think. If he showed strong technique, it wouldn't matter if he lost the fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 2:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe View Post
    This "test" would have been the same, I think. If he showed strong technique, it wouldn't matter if he lost the fight.
    Okay I need to add context because, while I agree with your assertion it doesn't fit in with why this was culled.

IMMAA - Mike Omerbegovich Challenge
    I spoke with Sifu Mike and he asked me to deliver this message to all the people on this forum that continue to disrespect the IMMAA and Mike Omerbegovich:

"Tell them I welcome any one of them to come to my studio and prove their skill. If they beat me, I will hand them all of my "meaningless" certificates. When they don’t, I will even donate one of my Home Study Certification Courses to any opponent that can even last 5 minutes (limited to the 1st 3 opponents).”
    ~ Master-Mike Omerbegovich

So, if you are in the SoCal area/ Inland Empire, here’s your chance to be a hero to bullshido and back up all the smack talk. Any takers? No? Thought so. But if your crazy enough to accept the challenge, direct serious responses to immaa@inbox.com and let’s get it on.

I will personally video tape the match and post it for all to enjoy. And here's a reminder of the skillset you are up against:
    There now, if he was party to these assertions, WHICH I DO NOT BELIEVE HE IS, no he doesn't get Kudos for showing up and he must do better than holding his own in this specific case.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/03/2010 2:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 2:46pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF, I'm in absolute agreement with you there. If he did, indeed, make such claims (which I also doubt) he should bee held accountable to them. I forgot about that particular quote, and focused mostly on Mike O's plethora of BB claims.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 2:51pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega smash!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 2:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I competely agree. If it was LOL@certs and he showed up to prove he earned or they are legit, holding his own would be fine IMO.