Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FIT MMA Review

I called FIT MMA 2 days before I wanted to come in and Craig “Farmer” Brown picked up. He sounded really welcoming on the phone. I told him I wanted to try the free introductory class for grappling and Thai boxing. He only asked for my age and that was it.

Thai Class: I showed up to the facility for the first time and if it wasn’t for Google maps street view, I would have missed the place. They have a really small sign and another con is that there is no parking in front of the facility; I had to park on the next block and walk to it. I get inside and their place is all upstairs. It’s actually really nice there, bright lights, big windows and a lot of punching bags/equipment. The changing rooms were not too small. Craig noticed I was a new face and welcomed me. The class began with the usual warm up skipping, push ups and sit ups. They took the first timers off to the side after the warm up. The trainer I had seemed good, he had different techniques then what I was taught but he basically went over the stance, jab, cross and right kick.

Grappling Class: I arrived late to this class and basically missed the entire warm up. Craig took me aside and told me he shouldn’t let me continue the class but let me do so this time. Craig taught the class, he showed us 4 different arm bar moves and then we would have 10 minutes to try each one and then he showed 4 different moves for leg locks and we had 10 minutes to try them. The entire class was like this. We actually went over a lot of moves but I thought it was too much to take in for one class.

Overall: I think it’s a great facility to train, there are pro mma fighters teaching classes there and they really know what they’re doing. You can’t really park in front of the place so you have to go to the next block. They have a lot of punching bags and equipment. They’re classes are small but the instructors do not really help out individual people which I found to be bad on their part. But of course they will help you out when you have questions. I found this to be a great place to train at.
    Last edited by Leo111; 5/02/2010 8:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 8:39pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm, we typically expect reviews to be backed up with a write-up.

Edit - Thanks for fixing the font.
    Last edited by 2groggy; 5/02/2010 8:47pm at .

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 8:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just figured out how to edit the review's font after I created another one. How do I delete one ??
    Last edited by Leo111; 5/02/2010 8:45pm at .

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 9:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have removed the duplicate thread.

Thank you for the review, usually there is no need to change the font or size.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido