--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alex Barakov and typing in Dutch on an English forum

Quote Originally Posted by asfo View Post
    On ASA's website, in the "About Sambo" section, there is the following paragraph:

The American Sambo AssociationTM is dedicated to teaching the principles of Sport and Combat Sambo as presented by Grand Master Alexander Barakov. As taught by Master Barakov, Samboís effectiveness lies in the studentís ability to master and flow with his or her own natural body movements. Inasmuch, Sambo training begins with an examination of oneís instinctive approaches to movement. Once the student begins to move freely and comfortably, alone and in tandem with other students, techniques are taught that synchronize with the studentís innate movement style and individual preferences. In Sambo training of this kind, techniques evolve out of and generate their power from fluid, confident, and comfortable understanding of physical movement and energy manipulation. Standardized technique is secondary to improvisational movement.

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to elaborate on the concept of "Standardized technique is secondary to improvisational movement" and perhaps provide an example of how this approach would differ from the typical "here's how to armbar from guard, go do armbar from guard drills, time to roll". Thanks!
    Is Alex Barakov WEL Eens in Nederland geweest,?
    IK Heb in Het Jaar 1981 examen af genomen van EEN Russische Karateka, zijn Naam is Alex Barakov
    HIJ was EEN EEN opvarenden van kroesschip. Wat de 3 maande OM MAAR Rotterdam kwam.
    Dan Gaven WIJ de dag Helen karate les.

ALS DAT ZO is! Wil JE Dan vragen van HIJ EEN Mijn mailtje stuurt.?
    Mijn mail adres is c.vermelis @ upcmail.nl

Vriendelijke groeten,
    Cor Vermelis.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excised from: Question for sambosteve - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Welcome to Bullshido goju kan. I imagine your stay here will be more productive if you communicate in English. Not using black font might help as well.

Style
    combat sambo
    NY Combat Sambo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to translation:

Alex is Barakov Ever been in the Netherlands,? I have in the Year 1981 exams taken by a Russian karateka, his name is Alex Barakov He was a crucible of crew ONE ship. As the 3 months to Rotterdam, BUT. We gave the day Helen karate lesson. If it is! Would you ask for my e-mail he sends.? My email address is c.vermelis @ upcmail.nl
    Surely not a good translation...LOL. But, Alex does have a black belt in Goju I believe. I do not know if he was ever in the Netherlands.

Goju kan, you can e-mail me in English please at samboinfo@yahoo.com
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao