Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 12:24pm

Style: boxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    well in my defense: i just bit the closest thing i could reach with my teeth, that happened to be his groin area.
    honestly, there is no defending having a penis in your mouth...sorry. really, just for future reference you shouldnt go around telling people you had somebody's dick in your mouth, even if it was the deadly antigrapple

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 2:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lebell is sharing with you Teh Anti_Dickle technic.... Just incase, someday, you ever meet a naughty shaolin monk who has Teh Re4l deadly Iron_Penis. You'll need this vicious defense application to survive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chinaboxer is trying to make Wing Chun work with all he can do.
    I will try staying upright and move towards/under my opponent the next time I get to grapple. I got some practice in this from tai chi push hands. I think this can work.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 6:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Chinaboxer is trying to make Wing Chun work with all he can do.
    I will try staying upright and move towards/under my opponent the next time I get to grapple. I got some practice in this from tai chi push hands. I think this can work.
    Psssst.......That's what reverse engineering means.

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reinventing the wheel out of vanity and pride rather than necessity, is the first step of the bullshdofication process.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 9:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I see the point of the drill...sensing movement, pressure, etc. But, like mentioned, it does not really address what an actual shot would be like...or even a bad shot preceeded by a head butt, haymaker, or any number of ways an altercation may start. I don't really want to bash starting from chi sao, since it is a drill and within the context of wing chun, it makes sense I guess. But, at the very least he should address what has already been mentioned...dropping levels, etc. Drills should have some basis in reality.

I kept wanting to see a drop shoulder throw as the defender was leaning in and stretching out those arms ;)

What really bothers me in general, not just with this video, is when I see people step outside their area of expertise. Mastery in one area does not mean mastery of all areas. People need to humble up and admit what they do not know, rather than teach what they don't know, but pretend they do. I see it a lot now with BJJ guys putting out leg lock videos that are just horrible, or are obviously rip offs of other videos in which an educated eye can see they don't really know what they are doing (but a noob will be fooled). It's like OK, cool, you have a black belt, but that does not make you an expert in leg locks. Just an example. I would never put out a rubber guard video or WC video, etc.

The only anti-grappling and anti-wrestling is to learn how to grapple and wrestle.

OK, my rant is over.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 1:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Reinventing the wheel out of vanity and pride rather than necessity, is the first step of the bullshdofication process.
    I'll eventually dig out the order of his threads, after finals and the fucking papers I need to write, so you can see that he has already slipped down that slope.

He went from rational guy with some CMA ideas to this video. You can see it slowly degrade in the threads as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 8:20am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wounder what'll happen when Chinaboxer gets his BJJ Black Belt. A BJJ blackbelt who does wing chun?

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 9:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'll eventually dig out the order of his threads, after finals and the fucking papers I need to write, so you can see that he has already slipped down that slope.

He went from rational guy with some CMA ideas to this video. You can see it slowly degrade in the threads as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosJesena View Post
    I wounder what'll happen when Chinaboxer gets his BJJ Black Belt. A BJJ blackbelt who does wing chun?
    Does he even have rank in BJJ? If he was doing ok the went off the deep end it would seem his BJJ training ended acrimoniously, leading to this insular approach.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    5/02/2010 9:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. I had always thought that "anti-grapple" was a term made up on Bullshido to mock TMA arts that don't address grappling in their curriculum based on the faulty assumption that will power alone will keep one standing when the other guy wants to take the fight to the ground.

2. I too have used the groin bite like Lebell. I'm not sure what I actually bit, but it did get a much larger guy off of my chest and avoided a savage beating.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast