Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 8:12am

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

History of Duelling

OK, I've mentioned more than once that I was working on a repub project with a friend, Jared Kirby: History of Duelling.

Well, it's done and I've moved on (repubbing the original 1906 edition of "Jiu-Jitsu and Other Methods of Self Sefense" by Longhurst with my friend Dr Milo Thurston of Linacre School of Defence).

While the History of Duelling is not under my personal banner and is not a free download, some of you may be interested in it anyway.

History of Duelling by M. Coustard de Massi

Blurb:
    A translation from Massi’s original French, this book provides a fascinating, humorous and easy to read history of the duel. The romantic ideas perpetuated by movies and literature can be put aside as Massi goes into some unique, rare accounts of duels. Diligently transcribed and designed by Kirk Lawson, “History of Duelling” is a quick, fun and easy read.
    Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 8:50am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Kirk! Always love your work!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kirk,

I'm looking forward to the Longhurst re-publication; originals are very hard to come by and that one was revised too often, losing much in translation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2010 9:22am

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Kirk,

I'm looking forward to the Longhurst re-publication; originals are very hard to come by and that one was revised too often, losing much in translation.
    I'm at pp26 of the ~110 pages. It's image heavy so I expect it to take some time but the results are pretty good so far. I could have wished for a little higher res on the pics but I think that it will not be particularly noticeable when it hits paper and it doesn't obfuscate the intention of the photo anyhow so I'm just wishing for gold when I've already got silver, so to speak. :)

Peace favor your sword