Style
    Brazilian JiuJiitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Koral Gi question

soo, i just purchased a black koral mkm gi ! i got it fairly cheap because someone who goes to my gym owns a shopp =]
    I went with a a1 for the top, and a a0 for the pants because the a0 top was realy short on the sleevs (im 5'3-5'4 115ish lbs but with long arms) and the a1 pants were wayyy to loose even with the drawstrings (all the bunched up material hurt). The pants fit rather well, i love where the pants end, i hope it doesnt shrink much more at all because a little bit more and im not sure if it will be competition legal. my only concern is that the gi top is pretty loose in the back. like its not very form fitting for my slimmer body and it kind of pokes out a decent ammount tawrds my shoulder blades. i think the length is pretty good though, i would just like it slimmer

with that, here is my question. can anyone tell me if there is a sertain way to wash/dry both of these (or what to wah it with so the color doesnt fade) so that i dont risk losing length, but can possibly try to make the gi slimmer ? i would like to keep the pants the ame length, but would like them slimmer, and i would like a little bit of both from the gi jacket. theres way to much stuff about shrinking for me to figure it out , so i figured i would write my own specific question. Like should i wash it in warm water and check on it often, dry it a sertain way ? sorry if this is a noob question, because for all i know, the gi may not shrink at all (but ive heard mixed answers on this) .... or will the puffyniss near the back flatten out a bit after a few washes ect..

thanks you guys

Style
    JKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I owned a Koral gi for years. They shrink like a motherf-er. I don't think you're going to be able to selectively *slim* one because they will just shrink all around. Try not to tumble dry the pants, anyway, they will turn into capris.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have 2 Koral Gis. Classic and MKM. I wash in Cold Water and Hang dry. Never had an issue with shrinkage. But it will not "slim" the gi.
    Last edited by plasma; 5/02/2010 12:00pm at .

Style
    Judo & BJJ hacker
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    I have 2 Koral Gis. Classic and MKM. I wash in Cold Water and Hang dry. Never had an issue with shrinkage. But it will not "slim" the gi.
    I gave mine the same treatment, but it shrank. It looked like I was waiting for a flood and it felt like a full-time wedgie.

I gave it to someone several inches shorter than me.