222050 Bullies, 4092 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 9:03am

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Why would you say that? It is the prevailing thought on bullshido that the majority of chunners know neither how to fight nor understand why that is so. I had a similar revelation about TKD when my striking was woefully inadequate for my first MMA bout. I still got plenty of useful things from it, but i needed more to accomplish my goal of being a complete fighter. Why would this be any different?
    It's not different. If you said: "TKD sucks, however, for TKD my school was great, but I'm scared to name them", I'll consider you to be an anonymous coward with passive aggressive tendencies, too. It's easy to critique a style because it isn't personal. But, if you have a personal relationship with one aspect of the style (in this case, your school), then you have an obligation to say from where you got your information if you wish your opinion to be taken in its proper perspective instead of a post which reads like an appeal to pity ("Oh poor me, I spent so much time and now I'm heartbroken"). Man up.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixEyePunch View Post
    Someone can have an excellent background and teaching method regardless of the validity of the subject. I would recommend the school in an instant to someone interested in Wing Chun (though I would give my general opinion on its effectiveness as a fighting style).
    Then why can't you round out your commentary with explaining from where you obtained your information?

    Don't be a *****. You should go to the school review section and write a review.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  2. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 9:40am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    The worst that could happen is they tag you but with 16 oz gloves thas not a big issue.
    Try this with a mid level pro and get back to us.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  3. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 9:43am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    It's not different. If you said: "TKD sucks, however, for TKD my school was great, but I'm scared to name them", I'll consider you to be an anonymous coward with passive aggressive tendencies, too. It's easy to critique a style because it isn't personal. But, if you have a personal relationship with one aspect of the style (in this case, your school), then you have an obligation to say from where you got your information if you wish your opinion to be taken in its proper perspective instead of a post which reads like an appeal to pity ("Oh poor me, I spent so much time and now I'm heartbroken"). Man up.
    Word to your tiny Buddhist mother.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  4. wingchunx2z is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    758

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 10:13am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Try this with a mid level pro and get back to us.
    I have. but with 4oz mma gloves. It was the first time I broke my plastic helmet guard on my headgar and busted my top lip through my mouthguard.

    However, having said that the few times I was fast enough to block his punches the technique worked. It really depends on if you have the reflex to react in time.

    however that's not what I was talking about. IN decent contact sparring with headgear and boxing gloves the impact of one punch is not going to be too terrible. if it was then sparring would be pretty hard becasue you'd have to not get punched at all in the entire match.
  5. bigstu31s is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    478

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 11:01am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I have. but with 4oz mma gloves. It was the first time I broke my plastic helmet guard on my headgar and busted my top lip through my mouthguard.

    However, having said that the few times I was fast enough to block his punches the technique worked. It really depends on if you have the reflex to react in time.

    however that's not what I was talking about. IN decent contact sparring with headgear and boxing gloves the impact of one punch is not going to be too terrible. if it was then sparring would be pretty hard becasue you'd have to not get punched at all in the entire match.
    Why do you always turn every thread you post in to a thread about you and your skills?
  6. wingchunx2z is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    758

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 11:13am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    Why do you always turn every thread you post in to a thread about you and your skills?
    I didnt. IN fact I made one single comment and requested that the op elaborate on WHY he felt it didnt work. He proceeded to ignore my request and I let it drop. Then another poster decides to make a suggestion of me which I respond to.

    I don't believe I have been unreasonably nosy about this thread or any other in the last few months particularly either.
  7. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 2:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I have. but with 4oz mma gloves.
    Gee, that was smart.

    It was the first time I broke my plastic helmet guard on my headgar and busted my top lip through my mouthguard.
    Your plastic WHAT? Tell me you're not talking about face cage Kou Shu head gear. Are you nuts?!

    However, having said that the few times I was fast enough to block his punches the technique worked. It really depends on if you have the reflex to react in time.
    Really, do you think you could do it with boxing gloves on? I bet you could make a mint embarassing pros like that in the ring.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/30/2010 2:25pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,774

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 2:24pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Save yourself WW, you are going down a scary and weird road.
  9. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 2:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Save yourself WW, you are going down a scary and weird road.
    I hear you IIF, I just can't stand the thought of anyone letting a pro boxer maim them by caving that stupid cage into their eyes/face.

    Kids, don't try this at home.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  10. adskibullus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Britannia
    Posts
    378

    Posted On:
    4/30/2010 6:26pm


     Style: Lifting heavy stuff

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    war wheel sorry to derail the thread but.... the lady in your avitar whats her name and does she star in any video's of the adult kind??
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.