Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I will elaborate:

1. Hall of Fame memberships can be bought cheaply, as well as championship titles. I didn't see a list of the federations involved in Mr Luceford's curriculum on his page which is the first thing that should make you suspicious.

2. Mr Luceford seems to be the founder of his own system, which is legit. At the same time, his courses seem overprized, and the techniques displayed on his page lack usefulness.

3. BEWARE THE FAT INSTRUCTOR: If somebody has a belly, it's extremely unlikely that he is a good kicker. So, karate instructors that are visibly overweight will probably not be the best examples.

4. IN GENERAL: Especially with kids, it's my firm recommendation as a soon-to-be teacher that one shouldn'twaste their time with traditionalist, ideology-overloaded bullshit. - Bring them to a school that teaches something effective and down to earth, like Boxing, Muay Thai, or wrestling. Though it might be very hard for them, it will benefit them on the long hand.

Style
    kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nicko1

You seem to be affiliated with Grandmaster Lunceford, my apologies if i offended you or your Master.

You have to work the look. supporting member
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinut View Post
    Nicko1

You seem to be affiliated with Grandmaster Lunceford, my apologies if i offended you or your Master.
    Huh? What are you on about?

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Hall of Fame memberships can be bought cheaply, as well as championship titles. I didn't see a list of the federations involved in Mr Luceford's curriculum on his page which is the first thing that should make you suspicious.
    check

2. Mr Luceford seems to be the founder of his own system, which is legit. At the same time, his courses seem overprized, and the techniques displayed on his page lack usefulness.
    check

3. BEWARE THE FAT INSTRUCTOR: If somebody has a belly, it's extremely unlikely that he is a good kicker. So, karate instructors that are visibly overweight will probably not be the best examples.
    He's not fat. That's an awesome chi reservoir.

4. IN GENERAL: Especially with kids, it's my firm recommendation as a soon-to-be teacher that one shouldn'twaste their time with traditionalist, ideology-overloaded bullshit. - Bring them to a school that teaches something effective and down to earth, like Boxing, Muay Thai, or wrestling. Though it might be very hard for them, it will benefit them on the long hand.
    judo perhaps?

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there's a correlation to how large the soke's belly is to how much he's full of ****.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    judo perhaps?
    Yeah, sure. - It's just that Judo doesn't have that much of a good reputation in Germany, so I usually don't think of recommending it. (That reputation coming from its close connection to German JJJ, which is pretty bullshitty.)

Style
    kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see that the interest was lost in this case but i wanted to add some info i collected a few days ago regarding the Undefeated Kumite w/Utah Guard + Special Forces.
    I have done some research on this claim with some Utah national Guard people and they have never heard anything about a Kumite organized by the Utah National Guard at their Headquarters in draper utah.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

13th Degree

hey

So i'm actually a student of this guy, and I'll agree after talking to him and looking up on his accomplishments I'm still not sure how much of it I believe.

With that Said I did ask him some questions regarding his declined offers, the 9 defeated kumite champions, and the national guard kumite thing that he also claims (forgive my spelling and grammar.)

According to him they were never formal fights. Rather he found them and challenged them. This was for the 9 kumite champions he says he defeated. As well as with the national guard. It wasn't that the National Guard has a kumite program rather that he ran into some guys from the National guard and challenged them to a Kumite thing. (I have no idea what kumite is to be honest. other than it appears to be some form of sparring? yes? maybe so?)

Either way the guy has alot of stories and alot of details. To me he doesn't appear to be bragging about himself when i'm asking him about it. Which doesn't mean he's lying or telling the truth. I'd like to believe him because he is my Grandmaster but I wasn't there and the only way to validate the information would be to find the people he's challenged.

He's dropped some names to me so I'm thinking about searching them out and asking them to check.

but this guy, is pretty intense. Take this with a grain of salt. I've done some boxing, hap-ki-do, kung fu, and Trained in some Mixed martial arts. and I've never seen a guy move like this dude. Though his stories are questionable I have very little doubt of his skills.

I'm not claiming that I'm some superior martial artist and that you should all just listen to what I say when I say he's legit. I'd much rather all of you give him up a call and check him out for yourself. See if he's the real deal or not. I enjoy his shi-ki karate. I think it's fun.

Someone earlier said he's over priced? I was listening to him talk and we wore talking about how if you paid 500 a month then you'd get level 5 training. "you pay for what you get" is what he said. but that if you paid less you'd still eventually get there. I pay 60 a month and haven't signed a contract. I don't think any of his student's pay the whole 500 dollars a month. That does sound pretty pricey to me. but he's a good guy who seems like he's sincere in helping out his students and I know he's helped out with people that have wanted to learn from him but haven't been able to pay for it. he's told me that if you want to teach you have to have a love for teaching, not for money.

The guys quite the character but I like him and his school. So come check it out and if you don't like it you don't like it. or if you think it's too suspicious then don't that's fine. but I do think part of the process of checking any Martial arts school out is going in yourself and witnessing first hand what's going on. and then going to another gym and see what they're doing different and so on until you figure out what you're looking for and what you want.
    Last edited by XxErickXx; 10/08/2012 1:57am at .

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My recommendation is to let sleeping dogs lay.
    This thread was started in 2010, now we get to laugh all over again at this bullshit.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. goodlun pointed out that you necro-posted on a thread that died over two years ago. At least you did add a new twist to it, but usually, these die for good cause. Good luck in your training.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last