225324 Bullies, 4475 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 72
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    5/02/2010 2:53pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    you're in for the beating of a lifetime if you wear those.
    i'd hurt you real bad if i was your opponent: ' so you think this is a joke/im a walk in the park thingy huh?'
    plus rep if you do it though.
    Definitely on it.

    Only have that little thing of becoming a classy MT fighter within three months.

    Plus, it would be funny, because I am a pretty slacky Welterweight and people don't really expect me to do martial arts at all.

    *THE* Ultimate provocation... Pants ordered!
  2. Cannon_6 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    5/02/2010 7:01pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    *THE* Ultimate provocation... Pants ordered!
    Size "booty-shorts" small, right?

    (Props to Kovacs)
  3. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,496

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 1:47am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Definitely on it.

    Only have that little thing of becoming a classy MT fighter within three months.

    Plus, it would be funny, because I am a pretty slacky Welterweight and people don't really expect me to do martial arts at all.

    *THE* Ultimate provocation... Pants ordered!
    in three months you can become decent in muay thai at an amateur level.
    God knows you better train twice a day,4 to 6 hours a day.
    But it can be done with a little talent and feeling for timing.
  4. Sang is offline
    Sang's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,248

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 4:06am


     Style: MMA, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    in three months you can become decent in muay thai at an amateur level.
    God knows you better train twice a day,4 to 6 hours a day.
    But it can be done with a little talent and feeling for timing.
    I don't know about a decent amateur, maybe a passable first fighter.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
  5. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 4:31am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually quite on it. I am pretty busy with my studies, but I look to have MT + lifting every day, plus possibly a running session every morning.

    That's all I can do right now, and so it must suffice.:glasses2:

    Ordered the short at Muay Thai Art, so this is more than a joke.

    ...And you bullies got to help me, please! -> Basic Striking Forum!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 5/03/2010 4:35am at .
  6. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,496

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 4:41am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i cant seem to quote, but wat Sang said: i meant ofcourse in three months you can have a decent first fight at amateur level, not like you can bedecent against a seasoned amateur fghter.
    i have to learn to be more precise in my posts..hehehe
  7. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 4:46am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehe, I understood you right right away.
    Hell, if I just make it into the ring, I will walk like a god for an entire month.

    Winning, I guess, is not an option. Giving hell, maybe.
  8. Sang is offline
    Sang's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,248

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 5:22am


     Style: MMA, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Case in point; those guys who go to Thailand with absolutely no experience and come back after 3 months of hardcore training. They can usually hang with guys who are about to take their first fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim
    Hell, if I just make it into the ring, I will walk like a god for an entire month.
    With a limp? :P
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
  9. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,496

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 5:30am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Case in point; those guys who go to Thailand with absolutely no experience and come back after 3 months of hardcore training. They can usually hang with guys who are about to take their first fight.


    With a limp? :P
    That also depends on what school they go to.
    I've sparred with guys 'who trained in thailand' (i didnt or didnt want to believe it) who were horrible, i was laughing all the rounds through.
    personally i'd say going to a Thai MT school is the best idea when you have a good basic level of at least a year, that way you'd get more worth for your money and you can pick up new drills faster.
    in other words you have a better idea of what it is they want to teach you.

    Pilgrim: there's a part in your persnality that worries me: ' guess winning is out of the question' ' ill look into it, i might do this or that..'
    just fucking do it.
    train, do your best, and fight like a lion, dont show pain or fear or fatigue.
    Whatever the outcome is is the outcome.
    Focus on fighting YOUR best.
    **** anything else.
  10. Sang is offline
    Sang's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,248

    Posted On:
    5/03/2010 7:22am


     Style: MMA, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    That also depends on what school they go to.
    I've sparred with guys 'who trained in thailand' (i didnt or didnt want to believe it) who were horrible, i was laughing all the rounds through.
    personally i'd say going to a Thai MT school is the best idea when you have a good basic level of at least a year, that way you'd get more worth for your money and you can pick up new drills faster.
    in other words you have a better idea of what it is they want to teach you.
    .
    I totally agree. It seems like a wasted opportunity to travel to Thailand to just learn the basics.

    Its also a pet peeve of mine when people go over there with no experience, train casually while partying and then 'fight' a thai farmer. Upon returning they then think everyone should respect them as the awesome professional fighters they are.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.