Posted On:
    4/29/2010 2:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial-arts Conversation that Evolved into Sparring that got "very rough"

Second man sentenced in martial-arts attack

One of the two men involved in a September 2009 martial-arts altercation at the Menlo Park train station received a sentence of 40 days in San Mateo County jail in an April 27 appearance before Superior Court Judge Susan Etezadi, prosecutors said.

Robert Eugene Davis, 22, who had pleaded "no contest" to felony assault charges in February, will receive one day credit for time already served and must pay $75 a month for three years of supervised probation, according to a report by Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.

Mr. Davis must also abstain from alcoholic beverages, undergo chemical testing, submit a DNA sample, attend counseling, pay $280 in fines, pay the victims restitution of a yet to be determined amount, and submit to warrantless search and seizure by police, prosecutors said.

The victims were two men who had taken the train from a Giants baseball game and had gotten off in Menlo Park. Also getting off the train there were Mr. Davis and his co-defendant and judo champion Matthew Walker, who engaged one of the victims in a martial-arts conversation that evolved into sparring that got "very rough," prosecutors said.

That victim said he wanted to stop but Mr. Walker continued and "severely beat" him, prosecutors said. (Mr. Walker received a six-month jail sentence in February that included penalties similar to those handed down to Mr. Davis.)

Mr. Davis took a cell phone from the second man who, seeing what was happening to his friend, tried to capture the fight on video, prosecutors said.

The man under attack by Mr. Walker suffered a broken leg. The man attacked by Mr. Davis was knocked unconscious. Both men had facial lacerations, prosecutors said.
    http://www.almanacnews.com/news/show_story.php?id=6539

Note to self: Avoid martial arts conversations with random people on the public transit.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 7:01am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    note to self: avoid public transit.

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 7:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked a venue once where a guy got set on fire over the Ford Vs Holden debate

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 8:18am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo wins again?

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    Judo wins again?
    more than you know... the guy who got his leg broken was an aikidoka.

i guess the judoka didn't grab his wrist!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 9:13am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unlucky. I usually find myself talking to LAPRing nerds who enthuse about RBSD and then get upset when I won't help them 'demonstrate' techniques in the middle of a pub or party.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not that i like/feel sorry for the aikido dude, but walker should have stopped when asked. if it's clear that you've already beat the guy, there's no point in injuring him. if aikido-guy wants to be denialist about it, there's nothing to be done anyway.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    not that i like/feel sorry for the aikido dude, but walker should have stopped when asked. if it's clear that you've already beat the guy, there's no point in injuring him. if aikido-guy wants to be denialist about it, there's nothing to be done anyway.
    Probably has something to do with him getting six months in the slammer. He acted as a criminal and Kono would be ashamed. Either you are a sick **** ego chip on shoulder testosterone poisoned sadistic creep or you are a ma and use as little force or violence as possible.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 9:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mutual welfare and benefit

lol