Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 1:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Look. It may be two years old but I just read it.

This was a low rent fight in one of the two schools. It wasn't a big Professional MMA event. There are no internet links to the "rules". From those I talked to the "rules" weren't even written down anywhere.

It's not an advertisment just an opposing view from the infromation I gathered from people who were there at the fight.

As far as my opinion not being warranted. You're wrong. Although my comments may be opposing to yours, understand I can make any comment I like. The opinion I made was based on infromation I gathered form people who live in the area and/or were at that fight.

If it sounded like an advertisment for the school that was not my intent. But I do think Bart Smith needs to be defended on this. I met him and he's a stand up guy, and legit black belt who deserves more respect than the internet keyboard warriors have given him. It's my opinion there has been a lot of misinformation irresponsibly spread about this specific event. So if you still feel like its an advertisment then I guess I made a good argument.

So thanks for your opinion...
    Can you read? I didn't say your opinion wasn't warranted.

Can you provide links to the rules? Right now, this reads like a commercial for the school. This thread is over two years old. So, a bump for an opinion of the rules is not warranted.
    Yes, your initial post is no reason to bump a two year old thread regardless of how you feel.

That is it. No, it isn't my opinion it is part of the rules you chose not to read.

You are welcome.

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 2:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Summary: Guy comes in defending someone's name and is asked for clarification for the purposes of further investigation. Guy goes off on tangent instead of answering clarification question. Someone else explains to Guy what clarification is requested. Guy rage quits.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 3:26pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Summary: Guy comes in defending someone's name and is asked for clarification for the purposes of further investigation. Guy goes off on tangent instead of answering clarification question. Someone else explains to Guy what clarification is requested. Guy rage quits.
    That about sums it up for me.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    but i was waiting for him to get around to the song of roland...
    LOL!!
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 4:35pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    There are some other BJJ school's run by a couple of Smith's former blue belts who broke off after they hit that point every blue belt seems to hit, where they question their instructors because they aren't getting stripes and belts as fast as they think they should.
    Damnest thing, I know five BJJ blue belts, two purple belts, and even one brown belt, and none of them are anything like this. I'm not trying to imply that you shouldn't be making blanket statements, but perhaps you should learn the difference between your head and your asshole.

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 7:10pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone got any pictures that would save this thread? I mean, it could die, but let it die with dignity and boobs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 8:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got this email today from Washington State AC. I have the pdf file if anyone wants to see the rules....interestingly enough some are hand written on paper (I think CD may have said that) Its about 13 pages and not really sure how to upload it on here. Just throwing this out there in case anyone cares :-) If not, that's OK too, it was good practice.

Dear Elle

RE: Public Records Request #10-120

This email is in response to a public records request received from you on Tuesday, April 27, 2010. You are seeking: a copy, link to the rules that governed an MMA event put on by TKO Kickboxing on March 26, 2005.

I have attached the rules received by the amateur sanctioning organization, T.K.K.O. Title Kickboxing Karate Organization, who oversaw an amateur Kickboxing and Pankration event held on March 26, 2005 at the TKO Fighting Arts Center. This document appears to be short a couple of pages. However, this is what we received for this event and I do not have a link to these rules.

Thank you for your public records request. With this packet, the request is closed. If you have questions or comments, please contact me at (360) 664-6649, or through correspondence to Department of Licensing, Professional Athletics Program, P.O. Box 9026, Olympia, Washington 98507-9026.

Sincerely,

Sandra Gonzales
    Program Manager
    Washington State Department of Licensing
    Professional Athletics Program

Phone: 360.664.6644/6649
    FAX: 360.570.4956

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 8:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Email it to me and I can put it online. See my profile or PM me.

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 9:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got 'em from GirlJock, and here they are.

http://www.naming-schemes.org/~chard...ment_rules.pdf

Knock yourselves out!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 9:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Got 'em from GirlJock, and here they are.

http://www.naming-schemes.org/~chardin/bsmith/tournament_rules.pdf

Knock yourselves out!
    I especially like the rule that says-the judges will score the fight with NO help from the crowd. :eusa_thin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast