221295 Bullies, 4155 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 26
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. CDAWatchman is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 1:36pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I can't answer questions, read, or provide links

    Machado Black Belt faking his fight record.... Not likely. I've seen this a couple of times and it made me suspicious about how it's being posted. I dug a little deeper.

    Smith was fouled by the illigal slam which was a known rule violation by both fighters. The slam came after Limiac wouldn't tap out despite Smith sinking the arm bar. Limiac suffered a broken arm and slamed Smith to get out. Limiac was disqualified and the win went to Smith. The fight record is correct.

    Although by professional MMA rules (UFC) a slam like that would be good to go. So when watching the video, it looks as though Smith was fairly knocked out and lost the fight. Not the case in this fight. However, the video has been circulated by Limiac and crew for that very purpose in an effort to create the illution of suspect actions on Sith's part to discredit him and his school. (The two fighters have vested interests in competing school's in the same area.)

    So there is an integrity issue but it's on Limiac's part. The video is all propaganda. Rumor has it also that after this fight and the controversy it caused by the disqualification, Smith extended several re-match invitations to Limiac which have all been refused.

    This fight happened several years ago and Smith is no longer fighting MMA. He know runs a very sucsessful BJJ/MMA School and promotes MMA events all over the State of Washington.

    As far as Machado BJJ Spokane... They ARE the best game in town. There are some other BJJ school's run by a couple of Smith's former blue belts who broke off after they hit that point every blue belt seems to hit, where they question their instructors because they aren't getting stripes and belts as fast as they think they should. Im not sure how legit they are I didn't dig any further than this. Being Smith's blues I'm sure they are good schools for at least the most basic skill sets... But I would go with the Rigan Machado Black Belt for sure.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,759

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 1:45pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you provide links to the rules? Right now, this reads like a commercial for the school. This thread is over two years old. So, a bump for an opinion of the rules is not warranted.
  3. CDAWatchman is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 8:56am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look. It may be two years old but I just read it.

    This was a low rent fight in one of the two schools. It wasn't a big Professional MMA event. There are no internet links to the "rules". From those I talked to the "rules" weren't even written down anywhere.

    It's not an advertisment just an opposing view from the infromation I gathered from people who were there at the fight.

    As far as my opinion not being warranted. You're wrong. Although my comments may be opposing to yours, understand I can make any comment I like. The opinion I made was based on infromation I gathered form people who live in the area and/or were at that fight.

    If it sounded like an advertisment for the school that was not my intent. But I do think Bart Smith needs to be defended on this. I met him and he's a stand up guy, and legit black belt who deserves more respect than the internet keyboard warriors have given him. It's my opinion there has been a lot of misinformation irresponsibly spread about this specific event. So if you still feel like its an advertisment then I guess I made a good argument.

    So thanks for your opinion...
  4. Iainkelt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    539

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 10:07am


     Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Look. It may be two years old but I just read it.

    This was a low rent fight in one of the two schools. It wasn't a big Professional MMA event. There are no internet links to the "rules". From those I talked to the "rules" weren't even written down anywhere.

    It's not an advertisment just an opposing view from the infromation I gathered from people who were there at the fight.

    As far as my opinion not being warranted. You're wrong. Although my comments may be opposing to yours, understand I can make any comment I like. The opinion I made was based on infromation I gathered form people who live in the area and/or were at that fight.

    If it sounded like an advertisment for the school that was not my intent. But I do think Bart Smith needs to be defended on this. I met him and he's a stand up guy, and legit black belt who deserves more respect than the internet keyboard warriors have given him. It's my opinion there has been a lot of misinformation irresponsibly spread about this specific event. So if you still feel like its an advertisment then I guess I made a good argument.

    So thanks for your opinion...
    First, IIF didn't say anything about the validity of Bart's black belt, or the fight. All he said was that your post, without further information, isn't really that helpful. Therefore your comments aren't "opposed" to his, in fact they don't really have anything at all to do with IIF since he hasn't posted in this thread at all when it concerns the subject matter.

    Second, nobody but the original poster really seems to be taking any real issue with Bart or the validity of his belt. So if he is being maligned on other parts of teh intronet, than maybe that is where you should be posting. Judging by the very low post count, it's obvious that posters here didn't find anything particularly alarming or interesting about the situation.

    Finally, just because someone thought your post sounded like an advertisement, doesn't mean you did a good job making an argument. In fact, I would say it generally means the opposite.
  5. GirlJock is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    181

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 10:22am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Look. It may be two years old but I just read it.

    This was a low rent fight in one of the two schools. It wasn't a big Professional MMA event. There are no internet links to the "rules". From those I talked to the "rules" weren't even written down anywhere.
    It is listed as a TKO Kickboxing : Ring Master. I"m not sure how school fights are named, but this sounds like more than a school event, though I really have no idea. It's listed as a Non Sanctioned Event from what I can tell. I wrote to the Washington State AC - which is now covered under the Washington State Licensing Board but since the fight appears to be non sanctioned, I'm not sure they will be able to provide any rules or official results of the bout. But, we'll see.

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....87CC8EE7F4DD29
  6. GirlJock is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    181

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 10:33am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post

    So there is an integrity issue but it's on Limiac's part. The video is all propaganda. Rumor has it also that after this fight and the controversy it caused by the disqualification, Smith extended several re-match invitations to Limiac which have all been refused.
    do you have proof that this video was circulated by Limiac? You are accusing him of being less than honorable by saying there is indeed an integrity issue on his part. The only record I found of the fight is listed on mma.tv (linked in my other post) and it has Smith as losing. From what I've seen on mma.tv, Kirik takes the fight results from the Promoter, not from the fighters so the Promoter likely gave the results.

    I'll let this go until I hear something one way or another from Washington State. I think what IIF says stands well. You gave an opinion with no facts, and in doing so inferred that Limiac is somehow involved in your perceived smearing of Smith. Not cool.
  7. CDAWatchman is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 11:15am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good ole' boys club. Thats cool. Please continue. You're doing a great job. I'm out.
  8. GirlJock is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    181

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 1:11pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Good ole' boys club. Thats cool. Please continue. You're doing a great job. I'm out.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I was pointing out that I don't think it's appropriate to try and clear one person's name by smearing another. If there are some facts that you can add, by all means do. You alluded that Limiac was somehow involved in sending out this video-I can't see why as he is listed as winning the match.

    If you are close to the situation perhaps you can get more info about the fight. Where it was held? Who was the promoter? The ref? I did a search for TKO Kickboxing, etc, and didn't find much out (they may be defunct now) so I wrote to the Washington State Licensing Board to see if they had any info on the rules and such. Any factual information would be great to clear this up-since the thread was bumped. Throwing out accusations about the other fighter doesn't get us anywhere.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,963

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 1:22pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Good ole' boys club. Thats cool. Please continue. You're doing a great job. I'm out.
    Learn to read better ***** boy. This keyboard warrior can drop you on your head. Go back and read the fucking posts and stop with your minstrel cycle bullshit.
  10. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    4/28/2010 1:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but i was waiting for him to get around to the song of roland...

    Quote Originally Posted by CDAWatchman View Post
    Good ole' boys club. Thats cool. Please continue. You're doing a great job. I'm out.
    there's an expectation here that if you make a claim, you back it up. in this particular subforum, you're also expected to answer questions pertaining to those claims to the best of your ability.
    Last edited by pauli; 4/28/2010 1:39pm at .
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.