Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: Jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and that was at Team Beast, I also just noticed Leandro's post talking about having a good time there at the seminar.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 8:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    How'd it go asking one of your coaches to go check it out?
    Wasnt my instructor that I was going to ask :P Was other people I know around here, I apologize for any confusion that I caused with that one. But either way, I've had no luck. Nobody that I have spoken with seems to care enough about it to go in there; they agree he's a fool, but they leave it at that.

I guess I'll see about the free gym time when I get back from vacation next week. It doesnt really work the best with my schedule, but I think I can probably suffer for a couple of days.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOdell View Post
    btw i did see some pics of a seminar with Leandro Vieira and he was rolling with Matt.
    Out of curiosity, what color belt was he wearing while rolling with Leandro Vieira?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 11:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Out of curiosity, what color belt was he wearing while rolling with Leandro Vieira?

Ditto this question. I'd like to see the picture(s) of this happening posted on here, or at least see a link to where we can check them out.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 1:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw i did see some pics of a seminar with Leandro Vieira and he was rolling with Matt.
    Chris,

Do you know where those pics are located? If so, can you provide the URL (if they are uploaded)?

Thanks!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leandro's comments are on Facebook and the photos are there too I think on Matt's page and the Team Beast page but here are a few...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28417_395627072630_562167630_4197934_897565_n.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	11249  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28417_395627087630_562167630_4197937_2344905_n.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	11250  

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting... Does anyone have contacts with Leandro Vieira that can ask him about his history with Matt Barvo?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 6:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh and that was at Team Beast, I also just noticed Leandro's post talking about having a good time there at the seminar.
    Every interview I've seen of Viera has him stating what a great time he had. I think he's just a happy guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 7:11am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faybio View Post
    I have written Jaco, and directed them to this thread. I also asked if Matt was sponsored by Jaco Clothing.

FWIW, he Matt doesn't appear or isn't mentioned anywhere on the Jaco website.
    After a 2nd inquiry, I received two separate replies back from Jaco Clothing yesterday.

The first reply came from a member of the sales department, who wrote that Matt Barvo was "sponsored on an ammy level and that's it. Meaning he got free gear once."

The second response came from a member of the marketing department. This person handles all of Jaco's sponsored fighters on the professional level. He wrote that he had "no recollection" of Matt. Also, this employee checked the profiles of Jaco's sponsored amateurs "and he (Matt Barvo) does not have a profile."

I'm not posting the emails directly because I don't explicitly have the permission of the senders, although I did tell both that I would be posting in this thread. I also directed the attention of both men to this thread, so one or both may post eventually. Regardless, emails are saved and I can forward to whomever for verification.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 10:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm back from vacation and after taking a peek at Barvo's Team Beast site, it looks as if things have been changed up a bit!

First thing, they have apparently moved locations and now have space at the local Crossfit gym in Meridian, couple of miles from me. I doubt the guys that run the Crossfit place are aware of the controversy with Barvo; I have friends that do most of their Crossfit sessions at that place, and the owners are some very cool people.

Secondly, he now has Mr. Ricky Robinson (yet another dubious black belt) showing as an instructor.

Here are the updated bios for both of them:

Matt Barvo
    Matthew Barvo is the Jiu-Jitsu Instructor at Team Beast Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He began his Jiu-Jitsu training in 1999, and has over five years of instructing experience. He earned a First Degree Black Belt in Japanese Jujutsu in September of 2003, and a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in October of 2007. Matt is currently training to compete at No-Gi Panams and No-Gi World Championships. He has cross-trained in Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, and Mixed Martial Arts. He is Boise State University's only Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor.

Ricky Robinson
    Ricky Robinson is the Senior Student at Team Beast Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He began his Jiu-Jitsu training over 20 years ago, has trained in the USA, Poland, and Australia, and has many years of competition and instructing experience. Ricky is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is a Muay Thai Kru. Ricky is an undefeated Mixed Martial Artist, with a combined record of 8-0, and is a champion Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor. Ricky is a former Professional Basketball Player, and is currently a personal trainer at two prominent gyms in the Treasure Valley. Ricky is currently training for more fights in MMA and is preparing to compete at No-Gi Panams and No-Gi World Championships.
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast