See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 1:00am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlJock View Post
    Though I would think Royler would have at least remembered the name if Tom C. did any sort of belt progression at GH.
    Royler and Rolker would know if a Black Belt named Tom Cicero was training there, even if he came from a different school.

Matt: if you are reading this, please write in and help clarify. This thread is here to help you clear yourself as well. Let us know where you did your training with Tom so we can clear up any confusion.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 1:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (deleted)
    Last edited by Uncle Skippy; 5/21/2010 1:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 8:22am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The training floor shown is really great - wish I could afford one like it. But this guy would have had to win the lottery to afford it with the tuition he charges - not to mention the 2 classes a day he has. He'd have to move over 500 students through there each week to afford it - considering that his website claims that he personally rolls with every student each class period, that would be a very busy 2 hours. I think old Matt needs to come clean with more than just his lineage.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 10:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he knows better than to come here and attempt to dig himself out of the hole. The fact is that he'd need a giant ditch digger to do that.

We've got another Northwest Submission Challenge coming up here in October, but the difference is that this one is going to be a *SUBMISSION ONLY* event. With that being the case, people like his phony BB "ricky" will be exposed even more. I've got a feeling that there is going to be quite a stink raised with him at that event (and not by me!), and there will be more than a handful of people out to make sure he's outed. I just feel sorry for the people he's duped into training there; it sure doesnt need to be taken out on those poor guys.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised that no one has dropped in on one of his classes to evaluate his ability, considering the fact that he supposedly personally rolls with each one of his students.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 7:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by potatowned View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has dropped in on one of his classes to evaluate his ability, considering the fact that he supposedly personally rolls with each one of his students.
    It would be great if somebody were able to drop in, but it doesn't appear that any members here are close to Boise. I'm on the same coast, but not in the same area at all.

From postings on other forums and other outlets, it appears that most of the other schools and students in the area are aware of the investigation. There have been offers to Matt to share his side of the story but he has failed to respond with anything substantial, if at all.

Seeing as how word-of-mouth and web searches all seem to be negative for Matt, it could only benefit him if he were to come on here and give some information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2010 11:07pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    It would be great if somebody were able to drop in, but it doesn't appear that any members here are close to Boise. I'm on the same coast, but not in the same area at all.

From postings on other forums and other outlets, it appears that most of the other schools and students in the area are aware of the investigation. There have been offers to Matt to share his side of the story but he has failed to respond with anything substantial, if at all.

Seeing as how word-of-mouth and web searches all seem to be negative for Matt, it could only benefit him if he were to come on here and give some information.
    I am 7.5 hours (which when you talk about Montana/Idaho/Washington area is not really that far. Hell the next major town/city is four hours away...) away but am a lowly white belt. However, if our fighters ever have a fight down that way maybe I can convince one of them to pop in and test this guy out.
    Last edited by bigskymma; 5/28/2010 11:10pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am here in Boise, but I am absolutely not qualified to critique someone's teaching ability. The best that I could possibly offer to do is to go in and take them up on their free week offer, to maybe get a student's perspective of things. Beyond that, all I can do is talk to people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:45pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemyor View Post
    I am here in Boise, but I am absolutely not qualified to critique someone's teaching ability. The best that I could possibly offer to do is to go in and take them up on their free week offer, to maybe get a student's perspective of things. Beyond that, all I can do is talk to people.
    How'd it go asking one of your coaches to go check it out?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 3:43am

supporting member
     Style: Jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw i did see some pics of a seminar with Leandro Vieira and he was rolling with Matt.
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast