Posted On:
    4/22/2010 4:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Eclectic, not limited

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do people ever read what they type?

Quote Originally Posted by GTBurns View Post
    Back several years ago I took TKD for my Phys Ed credit at EMU. I liked it and took the class for several other semesters until other school related responsibites took over. Now as I look back, and reading some of the info on this site I now suspect this class was mired in Grade A Bullshido.

The class was not afiiliated with the WTF or the ITF, but the UTB the Universal TKD Brotherhood, an organization that was created by the class Grand Master. Now looking back this reeks of being a insular circle jerk to avoid scrutiny or the higher standards of another organization. Face it the class was basically a blowoff so students could get 3 basic studies credit hours out of the way.

Now I learned, that this class is no longer recognized as a credit earning class for basic studies. RED FLAG right there. But classes are still held at the University....OKAY.

If you look at his GM's credentials at the Website

http://www.utbtaekwondo.us and check out his credentials, You get International Karate Hall of Fame status, which I cannot cross check by finding any online list. A US Presidental Award, given by Preisident Groege Bush sr. in 1980. RONALD REAGAN was president in 1980 not Bush 41, I hope this is just a typo error.

So here's the deal, You may not have liked the class or the GM that's cool everyone is entitled to they're opinion. I know it's TKD so if your looking for "real-world" application, you picked the wrong art, it's primarily a sport/competition art. As for his credentials, I assure you they are legit, I took the PE class in 2007 which still then was a credit course (and can provide my transcript to prove it, I also had the unique opportunity to train under GM Humesky personally for over a year. FYI UTB is defiantly not a marketing ploy like ''hefners'' scam the real UTB site is http://www.utbtaekwondo.org/ where they teach both standards/ and principles of the ITF and WTF, which I can appreciate as I don't like to conform to one discipline, but hey you might have figured that out if you payed more attention to the "blow off" class or bothered to go to an actual non-student class. Also GM Humesky holds Dans in both ITF and the WTF. try a google search just on his name, see what pops up, It's pretty easy to find materials to "cross-reference". Also when I trained under him, the cost was only 20 a month, very affordable from my experience. I'll admit he can come off stubborn and seem ignorant but I assure you he isn't. I've had the pleasure of sitting to talk with him on many occasions and not just about TKD. To me he is an Intellectual, an honorable man, and a Master of his trade and great Philosopher, who to his core care's that his students are healthy and can defend. I'd imagine that the 1980 presidential conflict/issue is a typo 1st because he didn't write the site, and second, he never talked of awards and honors, the man I knew wasn't the type.

I know this site is fun, and it wards off bull, and I'm all for exposing phonies. I think though that if your looking to find flaw in something you will end up always finding it, whether fact, or conclusions one concocts in their mind.

as for the EMU PEGN course: beginning TKD, come on its a 1cr PE class how pumped would you be to go to or teach for that matter a bunch of kids that didn't want to be there. If you show dedication to something, and put forth the effort to be the best and that no job/class is ever below you (integrity) sometimes, like what happend with myself, I was invited to come take a closer look at GM Humesky's Teachings and find out if it was for me our not.

anyway research for yourself, email him, go talk in person. If your not a cocky **** and give respect like you want to receive it you have a good conversation.

I don't mean to come across a pr*ck, it's not in my nature. It just gets under my skin when people bash and knit-pick just about every place in the US just under the assumption that its what everyone wants to hear, here.

I've trained in multiple disciplines and don't feel the need to flex my ego and "critique" places, especially if I have never operated or taught one myself, I'm no expert by far nor do I claim to be.

~Train Hard, Live Harder.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm....Joined to just make one post did we?

In as much as TKD is an Olympic Sport now, is this school connected to the NGB for TKD in the United States, or not?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 9:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MTripp, No way, I'm going to post a lot. It's actually rather interesting and funny. That was just my first post of many....to follow guidelines for investigation of course...I just knew the GM for some time personally as for the NGB im not sure ill get back to you soon. question for you, im currently on the west side of the state but moving back to canton to go get my masters at Eastern, since GB is close what schools should I avoid/recommend around that area thanks. Im looking either for traditional AIKIDO, or a legit Ninjutsu (which from what I read is like a needle in a hay stack). thoughts opinions would be great.

Best wishes

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 9:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smurph314 View Post
    So here's the deal, You may not have liked the class or the GM that's cool everyone is entitled to they're opinion. I know it's TKD so if your looking for "real-world" application, you picked the wrong art, it's primarily a sport/competition art. As for his credentials, I assure you they are legit, I took the PE class in 2007 which still then was a credit course (and can provide my transcript to prove it, I also had the unique opportunity to train under GM Humesky personally for over a year. FYI UTB is defiantly not a marketing ploy like ''hefners'' scam the real UTB site is http://www.utbtaekwondo.org/ where they teach both standards/ and principles of the ITF and WTF, which I can appreciate as I don't like to conform to one discipline, but hey you might have figured that out if you payed more attention to the "blow off" class or bothered to go to an actual non-student class. Also GM Humesky holds Dans in both ITF and the WTF. try a google search just on his name, see what pops up, It's pretty easy to find materials to "cross-reference". Also when I trained under him, the cost was only 20 a month, very affordable from my experience. I'll admit he can come off stubborn and seem ignorant but I assure you he isn't. I've had the pleasure of sitting to talk with him on many occasions and not just about TKD. To me he is an Intellectual, an honorable man, and a Master of his trade and great Philosopher, who to his core care's that his students are healthy and can defend. I'd imagine that the 1980 presidential conflict/issue is a typo 1st because he didn't write the site, and second, he never talked of awards and honors, the man I knew wasn't the type.

I know this site is fun, and it wards off bull, and I'm all for exposing phonies. I think though that if your looking to find flaw in something you will end up always finding it, whether fact, or conclusions one concocts in their mind.

as for the EMU PEGN course: beginning TKD, come on its a 1cr PE class how pumped would you be to go to or teach for that matter a bunch of kids that didn't want to be there. If you show dedication to something, and put forth the effort to be the best and that no job/class is ever below you (integrity) sometimes, like what happend with myself, I was invited to come take a closer look at GM Humesky's Teachings and find out if it was for me our not.

anyway research for yourself, email him, go talk in person. If your not a cocky **** and give respect like you want to receive it you have a good conversation.

I don't mean to come across a pr*ck, it's not in my nature. It just gets under my skin when people bash and knit-pick just about every place in the US just under the assumption that its what everyone wants to hear, here.

I've trained in multiple disciplines and don't feel the need to flex my ego and "critique" places, especially if I have never operated or taught one myself, I'm no expert by far nor do I claim to be.

~Train Hard, Live Harder.
    Yet, here you sit flexing your ego in a thread nearly three years old.

Bullshido at Eastern Michigan? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/23/2010 9:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 9:46am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im looking either for traditional AIKIDO, or a legit Ninjutsu (which from what I read is like a needle in a hay stack). thoughts opinions would be great.

Best wishes
    Advice for Art 1= Grow some balls

Advice for Art 2= Quit LARPing and get a fucking job

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, what can I say, it seems I have no balls, I Larp (didn't even know what that was til i looked it up a minute ago) and I need a job. Seems as though I've really been out-classed. My apologies, I thought I found a forum for helpful information, not getting defamation. As for my "three year old post response" my mistake, it's just opinion, and mine. Obviously it's not everyone's.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 12:57pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you forget where you are?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 12:57pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, what can I say, it seems I have no balls, I Larp (didn't even know what that was til i looked it up a minute ago) and I need a job. Seems as though I've really been out-classed. My apologies, I thought I found a forum for helpful information, not getting defamation. As for my "three year old post response" my mistake, it's just opinion, and mine. Obviously it's not everyone's.
    Dude, bullshido is almost completely about defamation.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got some very helpful advice. Don't necro old threads and stay away from aikido/ninjitsu.

I have some more advice for you. If you want to swear, just write it down - don't bother with any of that "****" bullshit. Seriously why would you do it? If you think the language is inappropriate, just exercise your perspicacity and find another word.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 4:06pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, what can I say, it seems I have no balls, I Larp (didn't even know what that was til i looked it up a minute ago) and I need a job. Seems as though I've really been out-classed.
    Yes.

My apologies, I thought I found a forum for helpful information, not getting defamation.
    You obviously are not familiar with this forum at all whatsoever. The rule for people asking questions like what you asked, as well as people, like you, making their first posts, is to post them in Newbietown. That section of the forums is defamation-free. Posting out of that section, like you did, opens you up to "getting defamation" from anyone.

As for my "three year old post response" my mistake, it's just opinion, and mine. Obviously it's not everyone's.
    Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. As I am entitled to my opinion that you are a dickless.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast