Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/28/2010 12:22am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Advice? Lots of rest, lots of water, protein intake, fishoil, and if supplements are good (I can't remember how old you are) Creatine Tri Malate? Otherwise stick to the first 4! Or if money is an issue, stick to the first 2! (And eat well).
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 5:00am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try to. It's been pointed out to me that I 'eat like a bird' (thanks Alex) so yeah.

Just wanted to report it's been going really well so far, I didn't expect it to be easy and it wasn't. First two BJJ sessions I gassed pretty bad, but I'm less tired each time.

As for Judo, well I can only say that I'm hearing some pretty loud slaps on my breakfalls and when I was thrown by another first timer with pretty much max strength I came out okay. I'm getting better at Kese Gatame if that's how it's spelt. Said fellow noob was stuck for the full time on the ground, with a 25kg advantage.

Don't take it like I am boasting or anything though, I've been tapped so many times it's not funny, from a collar choke and infinite armbars and kimuras. My curls have been caught in gripping arms too so maybe it's time for them to go. A couple of knees to the balls have resulted in the need for a good cup, and a mouthguard is imminent.

Does anyone know a good place to pick up a decent rash guard? I'm looking for long sleeved, My skinny arms look worse in short sleeved.\, LOL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:28am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One judo noob to another: don't try to grab onto the tori's fabric or ribs as (s)he throws you. I'm still trying to erase the habit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:46am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks man. What's the tori?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:53am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the context of judo? The person executing a technique. Accordingly, the uke receives. I know all of the unimportant terminology, which allows me to pretend that I'm all awesome when I'm definitely not, but nothing actually useful or applicable, alas.

(I'm joking, knowing the Japanese terminology is good. I attended three practices with Russian judoka in the past week and part of the reason I was able to get by was because we both knew terms like tachi waza (standing work), ne waza (ground work), etc.)

I say context of judo because I know that, at the least, aikido uses a different translation that really is the same thing.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678