Wash your gi you sick fucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 9:03am

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    You guys don't wash your gis every time?

I can smell the ammonia from here, ugh.
    I Always go to JJ with a clean, fresh Gi. think it's just fucking rude not to, after all.... grappling with someone covered in a sweat stained gi sucks like explosive decompression (well - technically that just blows, but you get the drift). a 2nd Gi isn't that much money.... there's many on-line places to get one. So yeah - no reason why not.

:tongue8:

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there's no excuse for bringing a dirty gi into the dojo. ideally you should wash your gi right after class, every time, but if you can't get to the laundromat or if you want to save money, you can have several gis and wash them 2-3 at a time.

if you compete, then you need at least 2 competition legal gis to bring to the tournaments anyway, in case one rips, or is found to be illegal in some way. it's just common sense. own a few gis, and keep them all clean.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can neverMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv be too good at ukemi, practice at as often as you can. As others have suggested turn up early and practice it. Either do breakfalls on your own.
    YouTube- Ukemi

Or if your instructor is willing get him to throw you, ask him to throw you with de ashi barai, hiza guruma, Uki goshi/ O goshi and O uchi gari.
    These throws are all in the 1st set of the gokyo and are there for a reason, because they are easy for a novice to take falls from. The first 3 will teach you how to take side breakfalls and the final throw will teach you how to take backwards breakfalls.
    Throws like Harai Goshi and Kata guruma are too difficult for beginners to take falls from so have him practice the above techniques on you.
    Learn to be a good uke, this is partly psychological. I.e trusting your partners and relaxing, but it is also really aided by having good ukemi and being flexible. So do your ukemi, stretch a lot and relax.
    Train hard, listen and pay attention to the basics of kuzushi (off balancing) and tsukuri (body position).
    The hardest part about Judo is co-ordination and getting the body to move all the right bits in the right way at the right time. The only way to get this is through lots of practice at a good pace paying attention to getting details right.
    Judo is frustrating, painful and difficult. The only sure fire way to succeed and get good at it is with patience, a good training attitude and never missing practice.

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 3:07pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    You can neverMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv be too good at ukemi, practice at as often as you can. As others have suggested turn up early and practice it. Either do breakfalls on your own.
    YouTube- Ukemi

Or if your instructor is willing get him to throw you, ask him to throw you with de ashi barai, hiza guruma, Uki goshi/ O goshi and O uchi gari.
    These throws are all in the 1st set of the gokyo and are there for a reason, because they are easy for a novice to take falls from. The first 3 will teach you how to take side breakfalls and the final throw will teach you how to take backwards breakfalls.
    Throws like Harai Goshi and Kata guruma are too difficult for beginners to take falls from so have him practice the above techniques on you.
    Learn to be a good uke, this is partly psychological. I.e trusting your partners and relaxing, but it is also really aided by having good ukemi and being flexible. So do your ukemi, stretch a lot and relax.
    Train hard, listen and pay attention to the basics of kuzushi (off balancing) and tsukuri (body position).
    The hardest part about Judo is co-ordination and getting the body to move all the right bits in the right way at the right time. The only way to get this is through lots of practice at a good pace paying attention to getting details right.
    Judo is frustrating, painful and difficult. The only sure fire way to succeed and get good at it is with patience, a good training attitude and never missing practice.
    This is excellent advice. The coordination point is probably the hardest one to deal with as a beginner (it was for me) unless you're a gifted athlete. Everything has to work together at the same time -- so many things are happening so fast and at the same time. I was lost for a few months -- and I had taken BJJ before Judo. It took many more months of uchi komi and drilling combinations for me to start throwing people.

One day it just started to click -- I felt like a rockstar when I first hit the ouchi/osoto combination and turned a failed ouchi into my first successful uchi mata (same day).

(I have no advice on how to learn ukemi, other than to practice, practice, practice before and after class. I agree that it's extremely important. I learned ukemi in a different art before I took Judo.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 7:01pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Real grown-ups can handle proper hygiene even without the aid of their mommies. Buy an extra gi or two. Find a way. It’s not that fucking hard.
    Real grown-ups gotta do what we gotta do pending financial situations. Oh and thanks for being fuckface for making a lot of assumptions :)

First, folks in NY metro are known for bluntness and if my Gi were that stinky and/or nasty. One of following would have happened.
    1. Sensei would kick my ass outta class
    2. Someone would tell my ass straight up my Gi stank like cat urine
    3. No one would randori/roll with my nasty-ass self.
    Considering I did Judo for 4 years and never once experienced that. My Gi were a-okay.

Second, I was very fit then so I didn't sweat a gallon a minute to nastify the Gi (150 lb and 5% body fat, my leanest ever). Took quite a bit to get sweat going.

Third, back then I trained 4 days a week Mon to Thur which means that my Gi wasn't sitting in corner for few days till my next class.

Fourth, it ain't cheap to live on your own in NY metro area so excuse me for not being able to afford to rent an apt that had washer/dryer in unit or building. Or not being able to afford to drive or walk out 10-15 min to nearest laundromat to wash just my Gi after each class.

Lastly. Your biggest assumption is that I continue to do so which I did not. When my financial situation improved, I did purchase additional Gi so I was able to wear 1 Gi per class then wash em later.

Edit: oh and thanks for being fuckface once again :)

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 8:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post

Fourth, it ain't cheap to live on your own in NY metro area so excuse me for not being able to afford to rent an apt that had washer/dryer in unit or building. Or not being able to afford to drive or walk out 10-15 min to nearest laundromat to wash just my Gi after each class.
    And that's why New York sucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 3:54am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well my Dad broke his wrist so I can't get to class till it recovers. Sometimes my life really sucks...

F M L!!!!

Oh well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 6:34am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't Real Men of Steel take the bus?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 6:37am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. I wish.

1. No bus goes there.
    2. Too far for bus.
    3. BJJ doesn't work on the streets, or in the bus, obviously.
    4. There's a train, but i'm not big on rape. Parents forbid this. It's funny that they are OK with me being thrown around like a rag doll, being punched, or falling off something.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast