Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you like riding around on ships? Do you get sea sick? I would test this out first. I was going into the Navy, at one point. My dad was in the Navy at the time. My unkle is in the Coast Guard. They got together, and got it aranged so I could go out on a Coast Guard Cutter one day for a little while. I got SOO fucking sea sick that I wanted to die. Was begging someone to kill me.

So no Navy for me! Otherwise I used to work with some Army Medics. They were EMTs after getting out of the Army. Those guys were on top of their stuff. Real life heros. I have mad respect for anyone in that field!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 1:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Do you like riding around on ships? Do you get sea sick? I would test this out first. I was going into the Navy, at one point. My dad was in the Navy at the time. My unkle is in the Coast Guard. They got together, and got it aranged so I could go out on a Coast Guard Cutter one day for a little while. I got SOO fucking sea sick that I wanted to die. Was begging someone to kill me.

So no Navy for me! Otherwise I used to work with some Army Medics. They were EMTs after getting out of the Army. Those guys were on top of their stuff. Real life heros. I have mad respect for anyone in that field!
    In fairness, though - the ships that Marines and Corpsmen usually are deployed on are fucking huge. Like ships that hold 5,000 people. Big difference between that and a Cutter. I barely ever saw anyone get sick, even in the roughest parts of the Atlantic. Plus, not all Marines / Corpsmen do extended deployments on a ship.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 2:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc.. PM me and I'll tell you a story about a group of Corpsmen undergoing the final stages of their SF medic course in Iraq last year.

This isn't for "open" discussion lol
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dad was stationed on an Oiler before. He said that they were in 40 and 50 foot seas before. He said that prety much everyone gets sick on those trips. But I thought that Navy Corps men were on every ship? What happens when you are on a Frigget and get sick. You see a Corpsmen and doctor right?

Not all Corpsmen get stationed on a ship for extended deployments. But NO army Corpsmen do. So if you get sea sick or don't like being on the ocean, you probably wouldn't want to joint the Navy. That's all I'm saying.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 2:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dad was stationed on an Oiler before. He said that they were in 40 and 50 foot seas before. He said that prety much everyone gets sick on those trips. But I thought that Navy Corps men were on every ship? What happens when you are on a Frigget and get sick. You see a Corpsmen and doctor right?

Not all Corpsmen get stationed on a ship for extended deployments. But NO army Corpsmen do. So if you get sea sick or don't like being on the ocean, you probably wouldn't want to joint the Navy. That's all I'm saying.
    Seasickness is basically a non-issue. It's not like riding in a dinghy. It's usually just a gentle roll on those large ships. If anybody gets seasick, it's usually at the beginning of the trip and it passes quickly. Does it ever happen? Sure.

But if it's a problem for someone, they wouldn't make a good Corpsman anyway because they would violate the second rule of corpsmanship (B) Don't be a *****.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 11:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There are many more Corpsmen than there are open Corpsman billets on those floating gray things.

Really, as long as you take the Dramamine, sea sickness isn't a problem for any but the weakest stomachs. And it builds character. And if you're on a ship, you're not getting shot at in the a sand box (the reason I joined the navy and not the army or airforce)

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 10:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking Navy.

I attended a medals parade earlier this year to witness sailors getting Op Telic and Herrick medals and the cunts never set foot on either shore.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 10:43pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know, Corpsman only do greenside for a couple of years. It's usually required to do, if given the opportunity, if you want to be a career guy (just from conversations I've had with Corpsman saying they needed so much greenside or blueside years). In my experience it seems support Corpsman know little more than how to do shots (barely), give pills, and give IV's to drunk Marines (which feels awesome when hung over). Many Corpsman attached to line companies seem to know their **** a little better...but not always. Usually Corpsman are either ****-hot and cool guys to hang out with who are professionals and know what they are doing....or are really creepy, with molestaches, and you wouldn't want to leave your nephew alone with them.

And no, not every Marine loves a Corpsman...some like them, some hate them, some tolerate them, and most really don't care much either way.

Most SEAL support guys go to Operators Course...which is a few weeks long. Not sure if their medics do...their boat drivers, interrogators, etc dod though.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 11:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright ,whats the difference between army and navy docs?

Army medics are attached with garbage army infantry. Corpsman are attached to the hammer of God, Marine Infantry.

As a Naval Reserve doc, you'd most likely be stationed with Marines, because...well...how many exclusive naval reserve bases are there? You'll do basic, and corps school, and check in. You're not gonna be everyone's best friend right away, but everyone fucking loves the doc. He's got the medicine, and the IV full of fluids for those days when you're hungover.

As a Reservist, if you're attached to a Marine Infantry unit, you'll either be sitting around in a humvee as the safety corspman on a range, or you'll be sitting around under an overhead, drinking gatorade and generally doing nothing except handing out Mucinex and Ibuprofen.

Naval Reserve guaranteed, has much better enlistment incentives then USMCR. I can promise that, and I've not even looked up naval reserve incentives. But I know I didn't get any. I didn't even get a promotion until I busted my ass for a Meritorious at SOI.

But yeah, any Marine (in the infantry...don't know what you silly pogs are taught) learns to befriend his corpsman early on...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I love riding around on ships. I do however have a paralyzing fear of sea creatures.

I don't get sea sick or motion sickness. I have spent too much time racing in cars and reading pace notes to really get any kind of motion sickness anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Sirc.. PM me and I'll tell you a story about a group of Corpsmen undergoing the final stages of their SF medic course in Iraq last year.

This isn't for "open" discussion lol
    PM'd

Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    There are many more Corpsmen than there are open Corpsman billets on those floating gray things.

Really, as long as you take the Dramamine, sea sickness isn't a problem for any but the weakest stomachs. And it builds character. And if you're on a ship, you're not getting shot at in the a sand box (the reason I joined the navy and not the army or airforce)
    Thanks!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast