225115 Bullies, 3772 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. helmutlvx is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,952

    Posted On:
    4/23/2010 1:06pm


     Style: In transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno, guys.

    http://www.archaeology.org/0811/abst...gladiator.html

    Maybe we're just trying to make more effective gladiators. Those fat little kids could use some time in the arena.
  2. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    4/23/2010 10:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    The more robotized the military gets, the more leeway the requirements will have to be. Does it matter if the best drone pilot has a few extra pounds?
    As long as tax dollars pay for health insurance/benefits, its going to be an issue.

    The diet is an issue, but the sedentary lifestyle is the killer. I eat a horrible diet comprised of fast food and candy, but manage to maintain my health by using my freetime to exercise rather than sit on my ass and watch TV/play video games. Part of the issue is that it's getting more difficult for kids to find safe places to play, but another part is parents that just don't give a **** and don't force their kids into sports/activities/labor camps.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  3. HereBeADragon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151

    Posted On:
    4/24/2010 11:50pm


     Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    As long as tax dollars pay for health insurance/benefits, its going to be an issue.

    The diet is an issue, but the sedentary lifestyle is the killer. I eat a horrible diet comprised of fast food and candy, but manage to maintain my health by using my freetime to exercise rather than sit on my ass and watch TV/play video games. Part of the issue is that it's getting more difficult for kids to find safe places to play, but another part is parents that just don't give a **** and don't force their kids into sports/activities/labor camps.
    I largely agree with the second part of your statement but what do you mean by the first sentence?

    You know I see this as a great opportunity for trainers out there. Advertise to prospective recruits as a means of whipping them into shape for BASIC. Sounds like theres a pretty heavy market. ;)
  4. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    4/26/2010 9:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first sentence was in regards to the statement that weight would be less of an issue with a more mechanized military. When tax dollars are utilized in order to pay for the health of military members, there will be a demand by the public that military members be in decent shape so that a great deal of tax dollars are not paid for those suffering preventable, obesity related problems.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  5. HereBeADragon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151

    Posted On:
    4/26/2010 11:01pm


     Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah got ya that makes sense to me now.
  6. WhiteShark is offline
    WhiteShark's Avatar

    1% Shark is better than you.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,179

    Posted On:
    4/26/2010 11:29pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HFCS Try to not eat it for a week without radically changing your diet. Just start reading labels. It's insane how many items have corn syrup in them.
  7. HereBeADragon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 1:25am


     Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    HFCS Try to not eat it for a week without radically changing your diet. Just start reading labels. It's insane how many items have corn syrup in them.
    Hell just try to only eat food with ingrediants you can pronounce. Its amazing how much of our "food" is more lab than kitchen. Thats why I made my own half acre hobby farm. Nothing but real food for me:5slick:
  8. Cannon_6 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 10:06am


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want fit kids instead of fat ones?

    Make all of 'em fight for their Whataburgers.
  9. Blix is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 10:26am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.slate.com/id/2251660/ blah, blah, blah, the numbers are over-inflated, some of the standards are silly. You can be turned down for military service for untreatable acne? So much for my Navy Seal program.
  10. Cannon_6 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    4/27/2010 2:51pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blix View Post
    http://www.slate.com/id/2251660/ blah, blah, blah, the numbers are over-inflated, some of the standards are silly. You can be turned down for military service for untreatable acne? So much for my Navy Seal program.
    According to that article, "extra fingers" will disqualify you, too... no matter how fast you can punch in target coordinates, or how many triggers you can pull at the same time.

    Also, those "extra fingers" can probably shine the hell out of a pair of boots; and then, when the work's done, show the CG's daughter a rockin' good time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.