Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 1:06pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno, guys.

http://www.archaeology.org/0811/abst...gladiator.html

Maybe we're just trying to make more effective gladiators. Those fat little kids could use some time in the arena.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    The more robotized the military gets, the more leeway the requirements will have to be. Does it matter if the best drone pilot has a few extra pounds?
    As long as tax dollars pay for health insurance/benefits, its going to be an issue.

The diet is an issue, but the sedentary lifestyle is the killer. I eat a horrible diet comprised of fast food and candy, but manage to maintain my health by using my freetime to exercise rather than sit on my ass and watch TV/play video games. Part of the issue is that it's getting more difficult for kids to find safe places to play, but another part is parents that just don't give a **** and don't force their kids into sports/activities/labor camps.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 11:50pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    As long as tax dollars pay for health insurance/benefits, its going to be an issue.

The diet is an issue, but the sedentary lifestyle is the killer. I eat a horrible diet comprised of fast food and candy, but manage to maintain my health by using my freetime to exercise rather than sit on my ass and watch TV/play video games. Part of the issue is that it's getting more difficult for kids to find safe places to play, but another part is parents that just don't give a **** and don't force their kids into sports/activities/labor camps.
    I largely agree with the second part of your statement but what do you mean by the first sentence?

You know I see this as a great opportunity for trainers out there. Advertise to prospective recruits as a means of whipping them into shape for BASIC. Sounds like theres a pretty heavy market. ;)

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first sentence was in regards to the statement that weight would be less of an issue with a more mechanized military. When tax dollars are utilized in order to pay for the health of military members, there will be a demand by the public that military members be in decent shape so that a great deal of tax dollars are not paid for those suffering preventable, obesity related problems.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 11:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah got ya that makes sense to me now.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 11:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HFCS Try to not eat it for a week without radically changing your diet. Just start reading labels. It's insane how many items have corn syrup in them.

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    HFCS Try to not eat it for a week without radically changing your diet. Just start reading labels. It's insane how many items have corn syrup in them.
    Hell just try to only eat food with ingrediants you can pronounce. Its amazing how much of our "food" is more lab than kitchen. Thats why I made my own half acre hobby farm. Nothing but real food for me:5slick:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 10:06am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want fit kids instead of fat ones?

Make all of 'em fight for their Whataburgers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 10:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.slate.com/id/2251660/ blah, blah, blah, the numbers are over-inflated, some of the standards are silly. You can be turned down for military service for untreatable acne? So much for my Navy Seal program.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 2:51pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blix View Post
    http://www.slate.com/id/2251660/ blah, blah, blah, the numbers are over-inflated, some of the standards are silly. You can be turned down for military service for untreatable acne? So much for my Navy Seal program.
    According to that article, "extra fingers" will disqualify you, too... no matter how fast you can punch in target coordinates, or how many triggers you can pull at the same time.

Also, those "extra fingers" can probably shine the hell out of a pair of boots; and then, when the work's done, show the CG's daughter a rockin' good time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123