Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once when I was teaching TKD, one of the kids wouldn't stop being a little **** so I talked to his parents about it. They said to punish him however I see fit.

So after giving him a solid 5 warnings, I finally just used a staple gun and stapled him to the wall about 4 feet up. I used a solid 200ish staples but it was worth it. He was there for the rest of the class until his parents came to pick him up.

His mom took pictures and called her husband to tell him. He stopped being a little **** after that.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 5:51am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_The_SHY View Post
    ACTUALLY, sparring against a girl is pretty tough for me too. Okay, so far I've only sparred those that could barely throw a punch and I just had to babysit them through it (like with obvious counters and slow, wide openings). But still, I am way more soft on them. I barely touch them. I've sparred a few guys on that level and I definitely punished them (some) more on their mistakes.
    Hmmm, am I wrong here or what?
    Yeah

You're wrong.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 6:00am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Once when I was teaching TKD, one of the kids wouldn't stop being a little **** so I talked to his parents about it. They said to punish him however I see fit.

So after giving him a solid 5 warnings, I finally just used a staple gun and stapled him to the wall about 4 feet up. I used a solid 200ish staples but it was worth it. He was there for the rest of the class until his parents came to pick him up.

His mom took pictures and called her husband to tell him. He stopped being a little **** after that.

Do you have a copy of the pictures you could use for a caption competition?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 6:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP is a nice guy, thats for sure.
    And you live in the usa so i would think twice before punishing a kid, it seems you guys sue over nothing, and the morons you have for judges actually condone it.

i agree with whats been said before:at 15 your not a little kid anymore.
    you also said he's unfocused talks a lot etc.
    maybe adhd or something?
    you could go down that road if you wanna get rid of him.

i've two funny stories from when i taught class in india.
    cultural misunderstandngs and such.
    i taught 6 classes on a shift, it was like a factory, new kids would sign up cos they had a white dude teaching. (that would be me)

so im not into the whole bow for your master crap and honour the mystical chinese dude on the mountain of taiwan or whatever.
    on average india is still where we were in the 80ies: groundfighting is nonexistent, bruce lee rules supreme as the martial art god, and ninjas can kill you with secret deadtouch.
    why the **** not.
    i didnt mind being the one eyed king in the land of the blind.

i introduced gloves and shinguards and a little something called sparring.
    there was this one sikh kid who probably had some deficit, and a extremely hot momz.
    he would annoy the **** outta me.
    so eventually i had enough and after some gentle lectures gave him the tough approach:' YOU LITTLE MAGGOT IF THE TEACHER TALKS YOU SHUT UP, WHY DON'T YOU KNW WHAT THE EXCERCISE IS? YES BECAUSE YOU DIDNT LISTEN, WHY DON'T YOU GO PLAY VOLLEYBALL OR SOMETHING???'

The kid looks at me and starts covering his ears wityh his hands, which really set me off i believe i must have sounded somewhat like this:' WAAAARGH!!! GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS SCHOOL I DONT CARE HOW MUC H YOUR PARENTS PAID FOR THIS, JUST GET OUTTA MY SIGHT!'

then my sempai walks up and says in his indian accent: oh sirrr,the hands mean that he is puttng your words into his ears, he will remember!

me:' IT UNBELIEVABLE YOU LITTLE.....oh...okay carry on!'

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 6:39am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White Kimbo: Nice to see that those kinds of attitudes transcend cultures and countries :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 6:41am

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hade a similar problem at a local competition my little bro didnt have anyone to compete against so instead of winning a worthless gold medal by default he asked to be placed in the red belt categorie.

he did really well in his semi final match he was up against this lad that hade been acting cocky untill my brother pasted the floor with him afterwards the red belts parents were slagging my brother off calling him a thug I was really proud of my brother so I told them their boy should man up and act like a red belt and to stop whining.This is a pic of the match.
    Last edited by tkd panda; 4/21/2010 6:58am at .

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 6:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Yeah

You're wrong.
    Well, pssh. Are you sure?

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 7:17am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a 15 year old nephew like that. He still cries when he doesn't get his way. I can't fucking stand it.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 7:19am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    then my sempai walks up and says in his indian accent: oh sirrr,the hands mean that he is puttng your words into his ears, he will remember!

me:' IT UNBELIEVABLE YOU LITTLE.....oh...okay carry on!'
    is that really what putting your hands over your ears means in india?

ALSO, a 15 year old kid like that is already boned for life. leave it at that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 7:31am

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alucard - great story - well handled indeed.

There will always be kids like this, but changing their behaviour or weeding them out creates a much better environment for all your students (and their teachers!). The first (judo) dojo I ever trained in was very old school this way - lining up the kids to check they cut their nails, their hands were clean, etc etc. Lots of what weren't yet called 'time outs' for kids that acted up, and lots of kids sent home. But it sure tapered off as people learned what and what not to do.

I think consistency is the key - same for everyone, same expectations and consequences, etc.

That's part of why ....
    ACTUALLY, sparring against a girl is pretty tough for me too. ....
    Hmmm, am I wrong here or what?
    Well, pssh. Are you sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Yeah

You're wrong.
    I'm afraid so Bubba.

When I was that age we had lots of women in our dojo, and some of them were far more accomplished than me (and some weren't - just like the guys). If you give less than your best, you're cheating them and yourself of the opportunity to learn. A woman, a girl, someone younger or bigger or more experienced - they are your opponent and your partner before they are any of that. And every one of them has something to teach you.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast