Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 4:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Retardation of the Century: Navy Seals Prosecuted for Roughing up Al Queida Leader

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...-qaeda-leader/

Sometimes it really bothers me just how retarded the system can get. I apologize if this has already been brought up, but this really got to me.

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.
    The three, all members of the Navy’s elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral’s mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named “Objective Amber,” told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.
    Fox News link
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.
    Note, the terrorist who is pressing charges is the same guy that had the burnt decapitated bodies of the blackwater troops hung from a bridge. Personally I have no love for Blackwater, and think they are all fucked up sociopaths who should be kept as far away from firearms as possible, but this is fucking ridiculous. He's lucky he got away with a bloody lip rather than a ventilation hole in his forehead.

[/rant]
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 4:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was a hot subject of discussion at my unit. Long story short: stuff like this hurts troop morale.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 4:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This just came up at our meeting, it's fucking ridiculous.
    Sometimes this PC crap goes way too far.
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 12/15/2009 5:02pm at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is is true that the SEALs insisted on a court martial, though? Also, I'm surprised this wasn't covered by the mainstream news.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Is is true that the SEALs insisted on a court martial, though? Also, I'm surprised this wasn't covered by the mainstream news.
    To second what one of the comments said on the other forum, I'm guessing they decided to take the court martial and call whoever wrote them up on it. ****, I'd do the same, **** the admirals nest, that's a fucking insult on top of an insult.

Where does the chain of logic come in? Soldiers apprehend wanted terrorist + murderer. Said terrorist/murderer complains about bloody lip. Soldiers get in trouble. WTF?

(Soldiers are the guys who are paid to make terrorists dead. I know I'd hate it if I got fired for doing what's in my job description.)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is bullshit. I'm as anti-authoritarian as the next libertarian, but it's a fucking WAR. You can't go suing SEALS for punching hostile targets in the face while capturing them.
    If these were domestic police officers roughing up a citizen who was accused of, but not convicted of, a crime then I might see it differently.
    But that's not the case. These were soldiers tasked with accomplishing a VERY VERY DANGEROUS mission against a highly resisting and likely well hidden and well armed target. You can't go getting pissy at them if the punched the guy while getting him into custody.

Give them a medal.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for mainstream news, it helps if you are multilingual, and get it from multiple sources. You can never get all reliable info from one source.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget the fact that this guy strung dead decapitated bodies up in plain sight. Bloody fucking lip? I hope this gains more serious attention, so that more people can call the decision makers on their bullshit.

And yes, those brave men deserve a medal. And a promotion for dealing with this crap. It's hard enough being out there as it is, but dealing with this PC internal bullshit... that's just beyound unreasonable.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:30pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This pisses me off more than anyone can know! I signed the petition on facebook, funny thing was I found out about it on Dana White's twitter feed! Funny.

I wish there was something we could do about this. I mean damn, why don't the people of this United States of America get a say in **** like this, instead of letting ***** politicians that have never been attacked make these decisions.

Ughhhh, I'm so pissed off!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Don't forget the fact that this guy strung dead decapitated bodies up in plain sight.
    Entirely irrelevant. What you are doing is essentially pulling out the Rodney King argument - Rodney King was a drunk-driving petty-criminal asshole and therefore deserved to get his ass beat by cops. Which is entirely true. He was and is an asshole. But it is not up to cops to decide whether assbeatings are in order and administer them. That's for the courts to decide.

Similarly, regardless of whether you count insurgents in a country you occupy as criminals or hostile soldiers, you are not allowed to mistreat them, no matter what they may have done to your side. So if the soldiers did indeed beat Mr. Insurgent more than was needed to capture him, they are in the wrong, emotional involvement or not. This should not need to be pointed out.

It has been suggested that this case is political, that the military brass is making a show for the Iraqis to see that they follow rules too. Possible, but I get the feeling there's a lot the press has not been told yet.

And now please don't go off on a OMG U SUPRT TERIZM rant. That is not the point.
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast