Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 5:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Participate in a study

We are conducting a survey on behaviour on internet forums. Participate by clicking the link below. The survey will be conducted in English, German, and Finnish. To maximise the similarity between the language groups, we have selected MMA and Martial arts forums as our target group.

The questionnaire is quite short and it takes about 5-10 minutes to fill it out. The results will be published on the web-site when the data acquisition is complete. Thank you!

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/f_uni_sozp.../b676/?a=1&b=2

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 6:44am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is 'we' ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 7:40am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Homepage says University of Frankfurt.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:03am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For your computer's future safety, nils, I'd suggest not clicking on any n00bs links until they are established. If you gave more info, psyko, I'd consider participating, but at the moment it is in the "dodgy as ****" basket, despite nils seeming to have cleared it's authenticity.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are you trying to collect this information mainly from the martial arts community?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 8:51am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    For your computer's future safety, nils, I'd suggest not clicking on any n00bs links until they are established.
    That´s true. Nonetheless, this one seems rather legit: no tracker, no permanent cookies and google gives several links from studies to the unipark domain (mostly Frankfurt University, one link even from "psychologie-heute", a quite respected Journal for psychological studies and articles).
    Furthermore, the study´s questionaire seemed scientific enough to not be fake.

Still, thanks for the hint.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 9:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for being too vague. So "we" are the scientific group of "social cooperation" at the University of Frankfurt (Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main). The reason for selecting MMA and Martial arts forums is for personal interests and for, as stated before, maximizing the similarity of groups. I'm not sure if my e-mail address (uni-frankfurt) is visible for all users, but you can contact me for more details via e-mail or pm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 10:35pm

Style: spectator

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took it just now. Very similar to other psychology/sociology surveys I've participated in. Nothing specifically related to MA, just forum behavior. The English is a little wonky on occasion but decipherable. There were some odd questions, such as how often you donate blood, but it probably is to get more breadth in sociological types. Meh.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 11:01pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My work seems to be blocking it, sorry.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 7:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Why are you trying to collect this information mainly from the martial arts community?
    As I said before, I chose to target martial arts community for my personal interest and as MovableBookLady stated, the survey does not contain anything about MA. I've done some martial arts myself and thought I'd rather sign up on a MA forum than, for example, sewing or fishing. I also think it better to join a forum that I will follow in the future after the study has been completed. Moreover, we might run the survey again, at some point, in different communities and compare the results. For example, in a running community, since one of our group runs.

As for any weird questions on the survey or our hypotheses, I will be more than happy to give more information after we have collected the data. This is only because I want to avoid inducing an answering bias. It is a normal procedure.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast