Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 3:47pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGUY951 View Post
    I am a recruiter for the US Army in Ohio (SGT), not only is there no MOS (Military Occ Spec) that is h2h instructor, and to add to that, the army does not use a true mma form/style like the USMC does, we 100% use Ju Jitsu based off the Royce and his clan. Anyone that is level 2,3, or 4 combative certified is norm an active duty soldiers who has a real mos and teaches combatives to his unit or sister unit.
    You're not saying that the curriculum is 100% grappling based, are you? Because that's not, ya know, completely accurate.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 3:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGUY951 View Post
    I am a recruiter for the US Army in Ohio (SGT), not only is there no MOS (Military Occ Spec) that is h2h instructor, and to add to that, the army does not use a true mma form/style like the USMC does, we 100% use Ju Jitsu based off the Royce and his clan. Anyone that is level 2,3, or 4 combative certified is norm an active duty soldiers who has a real mos and teaches combatives to his unit or sister unit.

Sorry, but you aren't correct. The earlier levels of MACP are totally BJJ based in order to create a learning environment which allows for free rolling without a high risk of injury. Striking is added at later levels and by the time a Soldier reaches advanced level competition it is pretty much MMA. Please ensure you have all of your facts correct before making a blanket statement.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FM 3-25. 150 Basic Ground Fighting

Sorry if I was not clear. But the Army Comb program is MOSTLY gound based. Compared to the USMC which I think goes by MCMAP, and MCMAP being more of a true MMA style/system, and I quote "The latest U.S. Army Field Manual for Combatives (FM 3-25.150) is controversial due to significant additions of Gracie Brazilian jiu-jitsu." In my best estimate most soldiers do not recieve training beyond level 2 Cert. I just graduated from ALC/BNCOC, not to long ago and Level 2 is as far as we went. Now Im not making a blanket statment, Basic training minus a few stand up punches, blocks and throws is almost 100% done on the ground. Army Combatives at the unit level are norm taught by SGT (E5) or higher. Most BNCOC grads are level 2 cert only which as we talked about early on are mostly ground based. So based upon FM3-25.150 being Gracie Ju Jitus heavly, and Ju Jitsu I would say it is a fair assesment that most of the army Fighting is Ju Jitus based. Hence not a true MMA art or system.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 4:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem people are having is your assertion of "true MMA."

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got you, point well taken.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, whatever MMA is, whatever Army hand-to-hand is, the idea that Bentley taught much of anything to his fellow fuel-slingers on any but a casual basis is absurd, as is his claim of four years of regular Army service.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    What's this about emails and respect? I don't follow.
    Partial email below.

Have responded, but no reply from Bentley.

I do not work in Oklahoma anymore. I did not respond to your krav maga questions because they are none of your business. My military history is never discussed with someone I don't know.
    The fact that you think you know so much about me from a biography posted on a website from a company I haven't worked for in 8 months tells me that you come to conclusions before knowing your facts.
    You need to keep in mind, first and foremost, I am a martial artist. As a martial arts instructor, I teach respect, which would include respect for my privacy.
    He never mentions another of the TKD tenets - Integrity.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does referencing a biography from a former workplace constitute jumping to conclusions? And for someone who is so secretive about his military past, he sure advertises it a lot.

Nothing he says makes any sense.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 9:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yes it does, we'll be getting the bullshidoka argument checklist pretty soon. We just got a variation of the webmaster/designer defense.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "My military history is never discussed with someone I don't know."

Makes perfect sense. Make sure the person you're trying to impress has no knowledge of the subject and therefor will not know you are full of BS.

In the case of my former coworker, he's a Bentley nut rider and has him listed as a celebrity.

Go figure.

Just typed in Robert Bentley ATA on google. His Facebook used to be the top hit. Not anymore.

Perhaps it's time to put this one to rest and let it serve as a warning for those who come across in the future.

Hypocrisy - yeah. All the while calling yourself "Mr. Bentley" and preaching the tenets of TKD. All those adoring children, gullible adults (parents and students), and it comes to this.

Good work on the records Cy. We'll never know just what it was, but it was bad enough to knock the guy down three ranks and pitched from the service.

Maybe we can follow him on his future endeavors. He's trying his hand at MMA now.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 5/06/2010 10:17pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123