Administrator

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 9:57am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    I like them both - great fighters but for different reasons. I wish Floyd would just shut up though. Why even make a come back if you're going to be so cagey about who you fight and when. Just take the fights already, or if you're so worried about your record, stay retired
    ^^^This right here.

I hope it isn't Hopkins vs. Jones Jr or the recent Silva fight.

I want a fight like this:
    Gotti vs Ward
    or
    Ayala vs Tapia.

I know with May's style it won't look like these but, if it is as exciting I'll be happy.

Why does the boxing world let Mayweather continue to dictate the terms of his own fights? It's like letting an errant child decide when he wants to have lunch, when to take his nap, and when to scream like the house is on fire.
    If you put butts in the seats, in most sports, you basically dictate the rules.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I haven't seen MMA take this turn quite yet, I'm hoping I never do. DW seems to know when to drop the hammer when he needs to.

And PBF doesn't even really sell tickets. Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of him that he's a boring fighter?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 6:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I haven't seen MMA take this turn quite yet, I'm hoping I never do. DW seems to know when to drop the hammer when he needs to.
    Boxing has had decades, hell over a century, to get to this point bad comparison.

MMA hasn't turned the corner but, it has peeked around it a few times. Most of the big draw sports eventually succumb to the prima donna BS.

And PBF doesn't even really sell tickets. Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of him that he's a boring fighter?
    I think you forgot to add anymore. He was a top draw even when he was hitting his boring streak. The anger and disillusionment with him and Pac-man shows you how much of a draw he can still be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 7:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't wait to see Mayweather make Mosley look foolish.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long time no see, T
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 10:04pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Why does the boxing world let Mayweather continue to dictate the terms of his own fights? It's like letting an errant child decide when he wants to have lunch, when to take his nap, and when to scream like the house is on fire.

Although I don't like Mayweather I think this is a great move on his part. The sanctioning bodies have been killing boxing and sucking the blood from the sport for decades. Worthless mandatory title defenses against undeserving challengers, flooding the weightclasses with 'champions in recess' 'champion emeritus' 'super champions' 'diamond champions' etc, and standing in the way of fighters who want to face worthy opponents and unify the trinkets.

The WBC president Jose Sulaiman recently threatened to strip Devon Alexander of his Jr. Welterweight strap because Alexander wanted to fight Timothy Bradely (the WBO champ) instead of who the WBC wanted. That is unacceptable. The Alexander / Bradley fight would be fantastic, and the sanctioning bodies are holding it up.

Article about that here:

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...-trouble-again

If the fighters and fans would ignore the WBC/WBO/WBA/IBF we all might get better fights and a clearer picture of who the best is in each division.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 9:13am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Thats the thing though, Mayweather really isnt that big of a draw. His style is usually very boring to the untrained eye, its only hardcore boxing fans that love watching him do his thing.

His two biggest fights were against Hatton and DLH, and that was because people were tuning in to see them fight, not him.

Take a look at PPV numbers and you will see that Mayweather fights are far from the top, except when he is fighting some hugely popular opponent.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 3:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dare say that Mayweather has become a PPV draw in his last few fights, thanks to popular opponents and playing the villain. A lot of people want to see him lose, and will tune in hoping to see just that.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 4/28/2010 3:25pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he has the hype machine so yeah he can dictate what the **** he wants.

i cant wait to see this fight. i do think the whole mayweather camp are huge egomaniacs, but the dude has amazing talent and trains non stop. I think he will be too fast for Mosely, but I would like to be proven wrong...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 3:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to this. I don't remember hearing anything about random blood tests during this camp. Did floyds camp have mosely tested?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast