Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 3:38pm

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When grappling, and I pull off a move I've just learned for the first time in free rolling. Has only happened a couple times but it's an awesome feeling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 3:45pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Where is a green belt in the BJJ hierarchy?
    In degerberg they have a MMA class that teaches you everything. They probably go by there own belt system:new_icecr

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 3:59pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey this thread took off and I'm loving these stories.
    Another part I forgot to add to my original story was that jarred was afraid to box me because when I sparred him in boxing I pretty much made him look like a compliant guy on a youtube video and he didn't land a punch. After this moment I could never pull it off again and I had a friend who had never box just completely put me in the boonies when I tried doing an outside L block. . . getting punched in the face is a really good way to learn new things about yourself

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know what i learn about myself from getting punched in the face?

that i don't much care for getting punched in the face.

good times!

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dno I kinda like/hate getting punched in the face.. its really odd I can't decide

I think I like getting hit in the face as long as I can land a harder one back.. I love those **** you moments
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 4:20pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my first Judo shiai, the divisions were pretty small. Local, friendly tournament - everyone's been there. I ate right and didn't drink much to be sure I would be under the weight limit, then I get there. I was 5 lbs under the limit, the two other guys in my division were 5 and 10 lbs over, but of course got to compete anyway. Eh, whatever, I'm used to being a bit smaller. Then we get called up and asked if they could put another guy in our division who had no one in his. 270lbs, massively muscled, I saw him working power nelsons and gator rolls in warmups. Uh oh. The other two guys are okay with it and I, figuring this is just to get my feet wet in Judo, sigh and concur.

I win against first guy by crappy twist-down, and see 270lb launch guy#2 (who is 6'6" or thereabouts, lanky mofo) with an ippon seoi nage a couple matches later. I fight lanky guy, he throws me for yuko with uchi mata (who'd have seen that coming, right?) and when he tries to disengage, I take him down, pass his half guard, pin for the win. I see 270lb guy launch first guy with another seoi nage, then smash his turtle with a power nelson for the pin.

Finally, it's me vs big dude for the gold. His grip strength is phenomenal, he pushes into me and my feet leave the ground for a bit, and he immediately twists into seoi. I was expecting it and spin out, landing in front headlock in him. I dig for the lapel. Crap, I can't get it because it's taut against his huge chest, and he has no neck to choke anyway. Matte. This repeats, and this time I do a round-out of his throw and have a turnover using the legs sunk and about to get him over when the ref matte's us. Judo, of course.

Finally, we're up again, and he goes in for a leg throw of some kind, then pops into his seoi - but I, in a surreal moment of perfect clarity, step back as he is turning in, drop my hips a bit, and throw him with left sided uki otoshi (or at least, that's what I'm told it was). He looked up at me, so confused as to what happened and slowly turning to chagrin. I looked down at him, also confused. I hear "Ippon!" called.

I don't think I'll ever hit a throw so clean again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 7:41pm

Style: TKD, Arnis, Catch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have alot from my days at Ft. Lee. I developed a reputation as the guy to beat. One time a tall Saipanese with a little MMA training challenged me. As soon as we start I hit him with a triple round kick in a second. Knee-ribs-head every hit landed. He walked away holding his jaw. I felt like Tony Jaa right there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 1:57am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    18 months ago, I thought I was starting to get it. 6 months later, I realised how wrong I was because I was only then starting to get it but a year down the track, at the present moment, I realise I still don't get it. There is nothing quite as humbling as knowing that with all you know, you still know nothing. And that is my best martial art moment.
    This! and...

Managing a very lucky, uber-crappy abortion of a Judo throw on a national champion collegiate wrestler. Felt great after getting thrown on my ass everything I tried to shoot on him. Despite the 50 pound weight difference I'll cherish the moment forever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 5:46am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I dno I kinda like/hate getting punched in the face.. its really odd I can't decide

I think I like getting hit in the face as long as I can land a harder one back.. I love those **** you moments
    Me too, I always wondered if I'm crazy, though I actually enjoy getting cracked if it's technical, not some wild haymaker. they used skill, timing ect.

In muay thai sparring, getting someone's timing, and managing to slip & duck a right cross, with a hook to the head,turning and leaving opponent open for kick in head, just as my kru walked past, and hearing him say very good...which means you had a knockout!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 7:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Guy in gym saying I'm like a rock because my base got so much better.

2) Instructor talking about practicing scarf hold (arm around head) and saying he's "sorry for whoever drills" this with me because I'm "very good at it."
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast