Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 12:01am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    And letsís face itówhen you nail a judo throw at the very right split second, itís sublime.

True. I'm one of the bigger guys in our judo club and I've been under the impression that seio nage is better suited for the smaller guys, so I haven't tried it in randori. The other night I was going against this guy that kept putting me to the floor, not throwing, but just timing counter trips perfectly, I'd commit to a throw (o goshi or osoto gari) but wouldn't do effective kuzushi and find myself on my back. Then, while grip fighting, everything went quiet and slow as I saw an opening and I moved effortlessly into a seio nage. As you say, sublime.

Unfortunately replication has been hard to come by...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    realising i was good enough to teach other people (and get paid wads of cash for doing so)

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 12:46am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The moment I became a member of this website would definitely rate.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 2:11am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About five years ago, in combination with a sleeve pull, I switched up a guy's hips with my feet in the middle of his cartwheel pass so that he landed on his back with me in side control. I did it again six months ago. These are probably my finest technical moments in jiu-jitsu. Managed some nice wrestling throws over the years as well.

A few weeks ago I made a second degree black belt scramble. While that might not be a big deal, it's never happened to me before.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 2:45am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My actual fighting related story for this thread was the first time I fought at a Dog Brothers gathering. The day started with people pairing up for knife matches, with wooden trainers, metal trainers, shock knives etc. Some people had secondary training knives concealed too. I had a wooden tanto as my main one and a folding trainer clipped to my pocket (also my balisong trainer in my cargo pocket, cause why not). I was really nervous, mostly that I might just freeze up and fail, resulting in me getting stabbed repeatedly with a blunt aluminum trainer. My opponent was a guy my size from a group that seemed to throw down a lot. I stood in a right lead with my knife pointed at my opponent's face to start, and then the movement started. We both started by trying to attack the weapon hand, then I switched to a left lead to bait him into attacking my exposed left side. When he did, I did a left side kick that knocked him to the ground. For some reason, I decided to throw my knife at him while he was on the ground. He started to get up and I realized that now he had a knife and I didn't, but I remembered that I had my folder. I got it out and flicked it open when he rushed forward to attack me. I started slashing his fencing mask, but something felt really wrong, and I realized that the lock on my trainer had failed, so I adjusted my grip so that I was pinching the spine of the knife like a razor blade. The match ended on the ground with me cutting back and forth on his fencing mask with my little broken trainer. I was happy that I was able to fluidly transition between weapons when I was concerned that I would freeze up. We were both happy at how the fight unfolded and were friends the rest of the day. Here's an awesomely timed picture of the kick that knocked him down:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 2:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Goju-Ryu, Daito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My best moment had to be my first harai goshi in randori. Words cannot describe how good it felt, haha.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 3:12am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by White Kimbo View Post
    mine was when i had an absolute HORRIBLE week in training. i couldn't do anything right. i mentioned to one instructor that maybe i need to take a couple of weeks to a month off just to get in the gym, work on strength and cardio and come back with a clear head.

he said "dude, do you have ANY idea how hard we are working to hang with you now? you've learned to use your size and strength to your advantage and not just rely on them as your only tools. on your bad day's you're a hard guy to roll with."

i was back the next day.
    This happened to me not too long ago, except not "size and strength" per se. Great feeling to hear that.

Mine personally though was just a Tai Otoshi executed perfectly and seamlessly for the first (and almost only) time in randori.

It was the feeling of achievement, that the throw you've always wanted as your renraku waza has finally manifested, maybe just a little but, but it still manifested. Every now and then it happens, a little more frequently each time. It's better than any belt.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zlarin View Post
    My best moment had to be my first harai goshi in randori. Words cannot describe how good it felt, haha.
    I felt this way with kata garuma.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 4:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was taking a class in Close Quarter Combat and we had a new guy come in for his free lesson. He ended up partnering with a little firey asian guy called Roger and then proceded to be a bit of a dickhead.
    Roger then basicly beat him up for the entire class which promted this comment from new guy.
    "Jesus you asian guys are fast. Your like whats his name? Brett Lee"

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 5:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) when I realised I drop people far more when I'm not actually trying to

2) when I finally caught the ex-wrestler guy in judo with a single leg takedown. - I managed to do it for a whole week.. and now its back to normal and he kicks my ass again
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast